TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB 08-16-4 - Parts List

As requested, I'm listing the parts by number and name as listed on my Repair Order for the TSB.

CORRECTION: R/R TRANSMISSION TO REPLACE INPUT & SYNCHRONIZER ASSEMBLIES/PILOT BEARING, CLUTCH PLATE & DISC PER T.S.B. # 08-16-4

TECH NOTES: PERFORM TSB 01 16 4

PART NO. - DESCRIPTION - QTY - SELL

FMC 7R3Z 6375B - FLYWHEEL - 1 - $1098.97

FMC 7R3Z 7L596A - KIT-CLU - 1 - $1750.53

FMC 7R3Z 7C391A - KIT-REP - 1 - $1209.80

FMC 1R3Z 7052AA - SEAL ASY - 1 - $15.12

FMC F6ZZ 7600A - SLEEVE - 1 - $11.09

FMC TA 29 - SEALANT - 1 - $17.09

FMC XT 5QMC - FLUID - 4 - $5.81

PARTS - $4125.84

LAB-MECHANICAL - $704.78

FORD WARRANTY - $4830.62

LABOR HOURS - 7.7

Woo-hoo! Almost there! :happy feet:

Assuming your service manager and tech aren't annoyed with you yet, you may want to provide them with the pertinent pages of the WSM, hosted here (should be sticky'd). There are something like 14 special tools needed to properly disassemble and reassmble the transmission, and if they don't have them, it will NOT work. Also, a friendly reminder to bleed the clutch after the repair is complete might be helpful, too - you can avoid the grinding I got to enjoy! :banghead:

Good luck!

Well my clutch went terminal. I have 8400 miles on her with no problems. Dealership ordered parts 12/08/08 said 2-3 weeks for delivery. With the holidays probably be back on the road 1st week of next year. Took trans tech for a spin says he's been a certified Ford Transmission Tech for 14 years. He appears to know his stuff and has done several of these TSB repairs. Raining here in So. Ca. so car would have been tucked away in the garage anyway. Will check in once I'm back on the road. Have a safe holiday> :salute:

Well my clutch went terminal. I have 8400 miles on her with no problems. Dealership ordered parts 12/08/08 said 2-3 weeks for delivery. With the holidays probably be back on the road 1st week of next year. Took trans tech for a spin says he's been a certified Ford Transmission Tech for 14 years. He appears to know his stuff and has done several of these TSB repairs. Raining here in So. Ca. so car would have been tucked away in the garage anyway. Will check in once the I'm back on the road. Have a safe holiday> :salute:

That sounds promising - just make sure he's a certified *MANUAL* Transmission Tech. There's a significant difference. After speaking to my dealer's Transmission Tech, he said that anyone who's not a manual tech would have a real hard time with this TSB.

I'm not sure how well you know your service manger and tech, but I asked mine to let me know when the new parts arrived - I wanted to see them! They took me into the shop, where my car was on the lift, transmission out, and I compared the old and new clutches and flywheels side by side. Looks just like Grabber's photos! Not that I didn't trust them, I was just curious to see the differences first-hand.

Let me know how everything goes!

That sounds promising - just make sure he's a certified *MANUAL* Transmission Tech. There's a significant difference. After speaking to my dealer's Transmission Tech, he said that anyone who's not a manual tech would have a real hard time with this TSB.

I'm not sure how well you know your service manger and tech, but I asked mine to let me know when the new parts arrived - I wanted to see them! They took me into the shop, where my car was on the lift, transmission out, and I compared the old and new clutches and flywheels side by side. Looks just like Grabber's photos! Not that I didn't trust them, I was just curious to see the differences first-hand.

Let me know how everything goes!

Great idea. The customer service department is very user friendly and appear knowledgable. Will take your advice, stay tuned.

Archived