TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Came out cheap

andrewnagle1964

As some of you know I switched my "Powered by Ford" badges for some Shelby G.T. 500 fender badges sometime ago.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Well I went looking for them this evening and could not find them, I looked all over and a little panic set in....

My wife said "They are on the shelf in the garage" (rather confidently) I said, "I looked and they are not there" ... so I looked in the basement, the house , everywhere...... more panic. I said, "Honey they are selling on E-Bay for $500, not that I want to sell them".

She said, "If I find them can I get a back rub", I said "If you can find them I'll give you two back rubs". She found them in the blink of an eye and I still owe her one back rub.

I am thinking the safest place for them is back on the Shelby......

Take Care,

Andrew

As some of you know I switched my "Powered by Ford" badges for some Shelby G.T. 500 fender badges sometime ago.

Take Care,

Andrew[/size]

For so many more reasons I think they should go back on and that's all I'll say about it. :lurk:

Have you had anybody at a show or anywhere else ask you how come you have GT500 emblems on a SHELBY GT? People might not think its a real SGT if you have the GT500 emblems on. I guess if you like it thats the most important thing.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Well I went looking for them this evening and could not find them, I looked all over and a little panic set in....

My wife said "They are on the shelf in the garage" (rather confidently) I said, "I looked and they are not there" ... so I looked in the basement, the house , everywhere...... more panic. I said, "Honey they are selling on E-Bay for $500, not that I want to sell them".

She said, "If I find them can I get a back rub", I said "If you can find them I'll give you two back rubs". She found them in the blink of an eye and I still owe her one back rub.

Take Care,

Andrew

Andrew,

This happened for a very good reason. Get those "Powered By Ford" badges back on your car today!

Glenn

Andrew, I'm glad your wonderful wife found the Powered by Ford badges. And while I know you didn't ask...I hope you put them on. Obviously you like the look of the GT500 badges but due to the vertical shape of the badges they, at least in the pictures posted, look skewed. They absolutely fight with the front edge of the door. Please don't take offense, that's just what I see when I look at the pictures :shrug:

Jim

web.jpg

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

Andrew,

Have you ever wondered how she found them so easily. She knew that when she hid them that you would do ANYTHING to get them back. I rest my case.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

How did you remove the original badge?

I do believe it was an omen ! On December 29th when the Shelby goes into the body shop for the Chip Beck Hood Scoop install and painted stripes..... the "Powered by Ford" badges will go back on !

Thanks for the support and comments

Andrew

Thank Goodness I think you were starting to freak us all out.

I am keeping the PBF badges on the fenders for sure but I will probably swap the pony on the grille for a modern style tiffany cobra to match my FRPP gas cap and Shelby console cover that have the same style cobra emblem.

Looking at this for the grill

mpk12.jpg

From Year One

Andrew

• 1 month later...
I do believe it was an omen ! On December 29th when the Shelby goes into the body shop for the Chip Beck Hood Scoop install and painted stripes..... the "Powered by Ford" badges will go back on !

Thanks for the support and comments

Andrew

I waited over 2 months for my (ex)body shop to install the Chip Beck Health Hood Scoop and paint on all the strips nose to tail. The manager looked at it twice and said no problem, no problem. I took it in last week and none of his guys would touch it !

I am now on another waiting list at a different shop in town, the owner looked at it and said they can do it. In the mean time I took off the "Shelby GT 500" fender emblems and am ready to put the original "Powered by Ford " ones back on.....

web.jpg

But I need some help !

If someone would do me the pleasure of measuring from the inside edge of the fender/door to the emblem and from the the top of the stripe to the bottom of the emblem, I would be grateful !

Thanks

Andrew

6 3/4" from top of stripe to bottom of emblem.

3 3/8" from edge of fender/door to the center edge of blue oval of emblem (driver's side).

3 3/8" from edge of fender/door to the center edge of the "P" in "Powered by Ford" of emblem (passenger side).

Ken

EDIT: This is on MY car. I assume they're all the same across years and submodels. You may want to call SAI to verify.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Have you had anybody at a show or anywhere else ask you how come you have GT500 emblems on a SHELBY GT? People might not think its a real SGT if you have the GT500 emblems on. I guess if you like it thats the most important thing.

Even if its a real SGT some people still don't think it is real. I was parked somehwhere and overheard two guys talking about my SGT. They were walking around it and one said to the other "this is one of those fakes you can make". Needless to say I just kept my mouth shut and chuckled to myself as it was painfully obvious that trying to correct him would be futile.

Even if its a real SGT some people still don't think it is real. I was parked somehwhere and overheard two guys talking about my SGT. They were walking around it and one said to the other "this is one of those fakes you can make". Needless to say I just kept my mouth shut and chuckled to myself as it was painfully obvious that trying to correct him would be futile.

Everybody knows the "real" shelbys are the GT500s anyways.... :D :poke:

:speedie:

Archived