TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHE'S HOME!!

Hello, all!

After over a month without my car, after grinding gears, sticking clutches, stinking synchros, and dents-a-plenty, my baby is finally home, safe and sound!!!

Transmission shifts like BUTTER now. Clutch pedal takes less effort, "sweet spot" is about 1/3 down, versus the "right at the top" pre-TSB.

Can't even tell there was ever any body work done. Fender looks flawless, paint was blended perfectly, and new, correct, separate-piece vinyl side stripes added. They even washed the car for me! :happy feet:

So once again, HUGE plug for Complete Auto Body and Service Center in Waldorf, Maryland. They do FANTASTIC work!

Took her for a quick spin around town. Now dinner. Then...we're gonna go get reacquainted, the blower and I. :hysterical:

Hello, all!

After over a month without my car, after grinding gears, sticking clutches, stinking synchros, and dents-a-plenty, my baby is finally home, safe and sound!!!

Transmission shifts like BUTTER now. Clutch pedal takes less effort, "sweet spot" is about 1/3 down, versus the "right at the top" pre-TSB.

Can't even tell there was ever any body work done. Fender looks flawless, paint was blended perfectly, and new, correct, separate-piece vinyl side stripes added. They even washed the car for me! :happy feet:

So once again, HUGE plug for Complete Auto Body and Service Center in Waldorf, Maryland. They do FANTASTIC work!

Took her for a quick spin around town. Now dinner. Then...we're gonna go get reacquainted, the blower and I. :hysterical:

Glad to hear that ....soon all this behind and spring around the corner............ :happy feet:

MMM,

I'm so glad to hear the good news. I can feel how happy you are clear over here in freezing cold WA state.

It's about time you were happy again. :happy feet:

:yahoo: RIGHT ON !!! :yahoo:

Thanks, Grabber. Appreciate your assistance with the throwout bearing/CSC. Turns out it was just air in the clutch. S'all good! You deserve a medal for all the research and work you've done on these cars.

Hey, Twin - where in NY are you again? Next time I head up (spring sometime, I'm sure) we should meet up and cruise around. I'll try to talk a few LIers with GT500s into it too.

:happy feet:

Thanks, Grabber. Appreciate your assistance with the throwout bearing/CSC. Turns out it was just air in the clutch. S'all good! You deserve a medal for all the research and work you've done on these cars.

Hey, Twin - where in NY are you again? Next time I head up (spring sometime, I'm sure) we should meet up and cruise around. I'll try to talk a few LIers with GT500s into it too.

:happy feet:

Would it be possible from the invoice to remove the sensitive private info and to pass the part numbers (like the part number of the flywheel, clutch, syncros....etc.) of what had been done?

Would it be possible from the invoice to remove the sensitive private info and to pass the part numbers (like the part number of the flywheel, clutch, syncros....etc.) of what had been done?

Absolutely. Lemme go dig it up. Can I list 'em, or do I need to scan the repair order?

Absolutely. Lemme go dig it up. Can I list 'em, or do I need to scan the repair order?

thanx ...you can list them....it will help any one who wants the TSB to have the up to date Part numbers handy, still could be same as older TSB works but if any changes were made would be interesting to know....thx again.

My car is still waiting for parts. In the meantime, I have the FRPP short shifter and black shift knob waiting to be installed. Oh, and sequentials are on the way.

Good luck with your car and let me know when you're coming to L.I. I know of another GT500 guy.

Just had to post this...

Original TSB cost: $4,830.62 (parts and labor)

Synchro repair cost: $1,889.47 (parts and labor)

Repair for fender damage: $623.88 (paid by dealer)

Total cost, start to finish: $7,343.97

Cost to me: $0.00!!!!

(Of course, you can count the frustration of not having my car for 30+ days, and the mild heart attack I think I had when I first saw the damage...there's a cost associated with that, right?)

I know, personally, two GT500 owners that have garage queens (less than 2,000 miles). I've shown them how to demonstrate the symptoms to their dealer - and one of the two definitely has the symptoms! But they refuse to take them in. They can keep putting it off for now, but once that 5-year powertrain warranty expires, they're gonna pay at least $4,830.62 out of pocket! That's gonna sting!

I'm just glad this ordeal is finally over. Now when's spring gonna get here? My car needs some road time!! :happy feet: :shift:

Just had to post this...

Original TSB cost: $4,830.62 (parts and labor)

Synchro repair cost: $1,889.47 (parts and labor)

Repair for fender damage: $623.88 (paid by dealer)

Total cost, start to finish: $7,343.97

Cost to me: $0.00!!!!

(Of course, you can count the frustration of not having my car for 30+ days, and the mild heart attack I think I had when I first saw the damage...there's a cost associated with that, right?)

I know, personally, two GT500 owners that have garage queens (less than 2,000 miles). I've shown them how to demonstrate the symptoms to their dealer - and one of the two definitely has the symptoms! But they refuse to take them in. They can keep putting it off for now, but once that 5-year powertrain warranty expires, they're gonna pay at least $4,830.62 out of pocket! That's gonna sting!

I'm just glad this ordeal is finally over. Now when's spring gonna get here? My car needs some road time!! :happy feet: :shift:

Congrats on an end to this ordeal. Mine is in today getting the TSB work done along with the new Shelby quick shift. Can't wait to get it all done.

Seasons Greetings.

Archived