TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Increase in HP after 500mi.

Lutzcat

I've had mine since last Fri. and in complete love with it. I now have 585 miles on it, but right after it turned over the 500 mi mark I've noticed a remarkable increase in HP and think it's getting stronger with each mile driven. I'm not imagining it niether. I recieved it with 9 mi on speedo and after the intial 5mi. the dealer's son and I took it out to make sure the boost was working properly, OH yes, with traction control on, we both left trace black marks into 3rd gear from a standing start. On the way home from the dealership, a 200 mi trip, I turned the traction contol off getting onto an on ramp, shifted to second and about 2500 rpms I nailed it. No intial tire spin, but I did talk to God about 5500 RPM and let off. I've not babied it, nor have I abused it, but after the 500 mi mark, all I have to do is halfway nail it in 1st or 2nd and I'm smoking and with wheel hop.

I hit the rev limiter 3 times in the first few days because of the quietness on the exhaust, the mufflers appear to getting louder each day and now at least have a good rumble to them. This is the fastest car my butt has ever set in, it's like a drug though, trying to keep it below 3 or 4000 RPM is impossible, anyone that can keep it under that is one better man than me! Dislikes so far, Wheel Hop, looseness and some rattles in shifter (I know, common big hp cars) and that's it. Besides that, no rattles and car is super tight. Seats are more comfortable than our Infinitys. My main computer has crashed, will post pics when fixed.

Lutzcat

I've had mine since last Fri. and in complete love with it. I now have 585 miles on it, but right after it turned over the 500 mi mark I've noticed a remarkable increase in HP and think it's getting stronger with each mile driven. I'm not imagining it niether. I recieved it with 9 mi on speedo and after the intial 5mi. the dealer's son and I took it out to make sure the boost was working properly, OH yes, with traction control on, we both left trace black marks into 3rd gear from a standing start. On the way home from the dealership, a 200 mi trip, I turned the traction contol off getting onto an on ramp, shifted to second and about 2500 rpms I nailed it. No intial tire spin, but I did talk to God about 5500 RPM and let off. I've not babied it, nor have I abused it, but after the 500 mi mark, all I have to do is halfway nail it in 1st or 2nd and I'm smoking and with wheel hop.

I hit the rev limiter 3 times in the first few days because of the quietness on the exhaust, the mufflers appear to getting louder each day and now at least have a good rumble to them. This is the fastest car my butt has ever set in, it's like a drug though, trying to keep it below 3 or 4000 RPM is impossible, anyone that can keep it under that is one better man than me! Dislikes so far, Wheel Hop, looseness and some rattles in shifter (I know, common big hp cars) and that's it. Besides that, no rattles and car is super tight. Seats are more comfortable than our Infinitys. My main computer has crashed, will post pics when fixed.

Lutzcat

has the weather cooled since you picked it up?

I have noticed increase in performance as well ... but may be due to cooler weather here in denver over last 2 months. wheels spin easier in cooler weather as well due to hardening of the compound at lower temps.

i suppose could be a break-in effect as well.

Lutzcat

Me too! Mine dyno'd at 173.2 rwhp, but at 501 miles...BAM! 463.9! Shazzaaam!

Seriously, the only thing you'd experience would be either the "valet" tune for the first few miles/key cycles. It shouldn't feel like that though.

Any chance your ambient air temperature has dropped significantly recently?

bj

When I picked it up Fri. it was in the 80s, the temp. has dropped since then, 70s during the day, 50s at night. This morning I dropped my son off at school and on the way home I just tapped the throttle in second with the traction control off and up in smoke, temp. was about 55. Yesterday, was about 73 degrees and got sideways in first, (40 percent throttle) where three days before nothing. I can see an increase in HP with the change in temp. but not this much. Maybe the computer is just readjusting to my driving habits. I'm not going to bitch about though. How about your shifter, any looseness yet?

\

Lutzcat

Me too! Mine dyno'd at 173.2 rwhp, but at 501 miles...BAM! 463.9! Shazzaaam!

Seriously, the only thing you'd experience would be either the "valet" tune for the first few miles/key cycles. It shouldn't feel like that though.

Any chance your ambient air temperature has dropped significantly recently?

bj

173.2 RWHP ?? ...when did you dyno your Shelby?? When it only had a few miles on it without going 5 consecutive miles or 50 start-ups??

Archived