TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cheap Financing?

txlaw

With most of us having to pay thousands over sticker, at least Ford could give a deal on financing. What deals if any has anyone gotten from their dealer?

Don't know yet, no VIN. However, my tentative plan is to pay cash.

I doubt you'll find good financing. Ford isn't responsible for the ADMs, so don't expect them to make up for it with "good" financing. Now, I bet that if you over your dealer $25k over sticker for his car...but tell him you'd only do it if he can find you a rate below some "reasonable" value...then I think they'll do their best.

Dave

The Federal Reserve has been raising rates to lenders for awhile now, so the banks and credit unions have responded by raising loan rates to customers. I bought a new 2007 Mustang GT two weeks ago and shopped for rates. We qualified for everyone's best rates, and most banks were around 7-8% APR. Ended up using the same credit union that we used for the 2003 Mach 1 and got 6.49% for 72 months, along with the factory rebate from Ford. With no special rates or rebates from Ford Credit on GT500, check your own credit union (typically they have better rates than the banks), or join a credit union if you don't already belong to one.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Oct 26 2006, 10:37 AM) 53040[/snapback]

The Federal Reserve has been raising rates to lenders for awhile now, so the banks and credit unions have responded by raising loan rates to customers. I bought a new 2007 Mustang GT two weeks ago and shopped for rates. We qualified for everyone's best rates, and most banks were around 7-8% APR. Ended up using the same credit union that we used for the 2003 Mach 1 and got 6.49% for 72 months, along with the factory rebate from Ford. With no special rates or rebates from Ford Credit on GT500, check your own credit union (typically they have better rates than the banks), or join a credit union if you don't already belong to one.

Actually I thought the rates had held for awhile, last f150 I bought I got a 5.5% for 60 at our credit union, trying for the same deal on the shelby...5.5 for 60 months...pay it off in 36 is the normal plan...

My credit union was around 5% and the best my dealer could get (or local banks) were around 8%. That sounds like the expected answer but this time last year when I bought my 06 GT it was just the opposite. My credit union was high (8%) but the dealer (farmed it out to a bank not Ford Motor Credit) and got 5% and ford had no special financing on the 06 GT's at that time.????

My point, try a credit union.

Archived