TEAM SHELBY FORUM

British "Top Gear" TV show test a GT500

MYGT500

Pretty funny, I like the Brit humor too, but let's all remember 2 things.

Unlike us he grew up driving Coopers, we know what it's like to drive a car with too much HP and it's able to drive itself off the road if you let it. He thinks it's bad, we think it's cool.

Also, he's driving someone else's car because he can't get one either. So when he's done doing the show, he gets back in his Mini and goes home.

P.S keep in mind we're talking about a wanker who probably didn't even crank the stereo........

Guys, the Brits have plenty of performance cars. Even the Lotus stuff is available here.

The TVR's, not available in the US, are VERY good performers - very good. I have been trying to import a TVR Griffith for a while - 5L aluminum V8, 2100 pounds, 350-400 hp.

Guys, the Brits have plenty of performance cars. Even the Lotus stuff is available here.

The TVR's, not available in the US, are VERY good performers - very good. I have been trying to import a TVR Griffith for a while - 5L aluminum V8, 2100 pounds, 350-400 hp.

Hey, DVS, I has a 68/69 Intermecchanica Italia Torino -- hi-po 302 2400 lbs -- very similar to TVR Griffith (I think) but the 302 was iron, body all hand-hammered aluminum. Fun car. Sold it to a collector in Vermont -- didn't ralize there are only a handfull of 68-69 crossovers (68 interior with 69 guages/Girlings/302). I sold it for what I paid used three years earlier so I thought I did ok -- turns out it was worth a lot more. Oh well, it was a quick ride and a blast to drive ;-)

Don't worry, I called Ford , they said that its on its way back from "Testing ". :doh: We're still on schedule!

ok, then ...operation cancelled <lol>

:yahoo:

:happy feet:

:party:.

68fastback,

Have you seen the new TVR's? The Tuscan is a sweet little ride IMHO.

http://www.tvr-eng.co.uk/

Hadn't seen it -- sweet! Still has some styling cues from the old ones -- a nice modern interpretation.

TVR as an English manufacturer is gone. So goes another of the famous(infamous) English cottage cars....autocar/An Italian TVR

Amazing! It's going to Turin (where my 68 Intermecchanica was made) arguably one of the motor capitals of Europe. They will do it justice in Turin (but I'm prejudiced ;-)

Archived