TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's Everyone Stashing Away??

jaydub Mach1

Ok.

I know most have stashed away the original Shelby GT floors mats, since replacements are not available.

I installed only the driver's side "Shelby GT - California" door sill plates that I received from Shelby and stashed the other away, since again, replacements are not available.....just in case.

What other things are people stashing away??

I only use the floor mats for shows (and even that is like never), but other than that I don't store anything away. As little as I drive the car there is really nothing else necessary.

I have stashed away every piece of documentation of the vehicle. The window stickers (plural), bill of sale, contracts, Shelby Warranty Book, everything I can think of. Even the document from the state when the vehicle was registered. The clerk mentioned it is a manufactuer's document and I have a copy of that.

The mats and all original paperwork as well as any paperwork for the updates.

I figure all that will boost the resale value enough for me to get a cup of coffee.

Now if I were to break it all up and sell it individually who knows? If the mats are worth $400 then how much is the SAI window sticker worth? hmmmmmm :idea:

I keep every document, receipt, service ticket, etc in a 3 ring leather binder with page protectors (from Staples) for everything. My mats are stashed. At some point when I have a few extra bucks and I can't think of anything else to mod I'll probably try to by a replacement arm rest as those are likely to crack at some point. A new shift knob would be good as the numbers will eventually wear off and I may try to find a steering wheel as the leather wrapping will not be as nice. Other than that, every part I take off I am keeping. Like CCMellies said, I don't intend on selling the car EVER, but having it back to stock one day may be desireable.

Not stashing a thing other then paperwork and take off parts. Am I the only one driving my car around with the original mats? Im not worried about them getting messed up. If they do Ill just throw one of the other 2 sets in.

Ok.

I know most have stashed away the original Shelby GT floors mats, since replacements are not available.

I installed only the driver's side "Shelby GT - California" door sill plates that I received from Shelby and stashed the other away, since again, replacements are not available.....just in case.

what Shelby GT floor mats? my 08-SGT-C (GO) came with standard black mats :headscratch:

Stashed away the original Hertz AirIQ satellite tracking system and antenna that apparently was overlooked when my car was sent to pasture.

Also stashed the traction control defeat clip...although it looks like it's just a bent piece of coat hanger...and cost somebody $15. :hysterical:

Original wheels and tires in boxes as well with only 4K miles on them.

Ok.

Well since the dealer "stole" my mats, I got nothing to stash away but....

original brake pads

original rotors

original brake lines

original drive shaft

original CAI

original manifold

original control arms

original panhard bar

original springs

original shocks and struts

original shifter knob

original A-pillar

original coolant tank

original power steering fluid Reservoir

original lug nuts

original side mirrors

original motor mounts

original clutch and flywheel

original fuel door

original idler tension pulley

All original paperwork including window sticker

i think there is more but I am not sure

boy the barn is getting full

Good night and take care,

Andrew

You only live once and I plan on being buried in the car. I know I will NEVER sell it, So I'm not stashing anything.

+1 except I am not in for the burial container....so you want to sell your extra mats then? :hysterical:

Edit: I did save all paperwork and tags and contract/books. The mats I would have saved, but found out too late that they were unobtainable, whatever they look the best anyway of all of them to me.

I am driving mine and enjoying it, I stored everything when I bought my 67 Shelby in 72, by the time this car is worth anything we will be dust, It took along time for my older Shelbys to be worth something, and I still drive them and enjoy them, why put away everything for someone else, the floor mats are nothing but Mustang with metal plate puton, the matts in my Shelby GLHS now were done right gray with LARGE CS logo, I guess Shelby spent more money on the Dodges, that car is loaded with unique stickers and emblems. Drive these cars and enjoy.

guns and ammo.................................preparing for when the world economy goes to :censored: . And my mats.

I have stashed every take off part. I have saved EVERY piece of paper and receipt that has anything to do with my car. I have every gas receipt showing 91 octane. I have my first registration and original license plates, before I received my peraonlized plates, NEVERL8. I have the Utah temp tag and license plate frame from my dealer that was on the car when I picked it up. I have my Ford and Shelby window stickers framed and hanging next to my numbered art print.

I too plan to be buried in the car but the paperwork makes the car stand out more at a show or cruise night when you display some of the original documentation.

Not stashing a thing other then paperwork and take off parts. Am I the only one driving my car around with the original mats? Im not worried about them getting messed up. If they do Ill just throw one of the other 2 sets in.

I am using the orginal mats. No worries here as there are alot more worries elsewhere. Trying not to be OCD with these cars.

Glenn

I am stashing: Mats, Long Radio Mast, My original strut tower brace (I have shelby one now), all my plastic fluid caps, all paperwork, various bolts that have been replaced by underhood hardware kit from shelby. After christmas I will be stashing my original wire harness for my tail lights.... I am getting sequentials.

Same here minus the mats (GT-500 owner) And you can add dry food to the stash.

If you have the guns and ammo.......................you can always get the food!

In addition to all the paperwork, window stickers, contracts, etc I even have the original oil filter. I know, call me crazy (you won't be the first!). But that is how much the car means to me.

I stashed the original oil filter as well, in addition to a small vial of the original oil.

There is also a sample of its exhaust from my first startup sealed in a mason jar.

The factory air is still in the tires too...

thanks, but I have the 08-SGT-C (GO) also, with no mats

I'm saving the mats as well as all documentation. as I make mods to the car I will save the old parts but since they are only Mustang GT or FRPP parts I don't know if they will add value in the future.

I would have saved the door sill plates but they were already installed by the dealer.

I stashed the original oil filter as well, in addition to a small vial of the original oil.

There is also a sample of its exhaust from my first startup sealed in a mason jar.

The factory air is still in the tires too...

Wow you need to go to a Shelby doctor & get a check up. :hysterical:

Archived