TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgraded Suspension

Just got the Shelby back from Appalachian Performance this week... APA's website

Thanks to Eric and Ian for doing a great job and thanks to fellow team member Grady aka Highflight for hooking me up with them.

Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Caster Camber plates from Lethal Performance

web.jpg

Koni Adjustable Yellow Sport shocks and struts from J&M Products

web.jpg

Vogtland Lowering Springs from J&M Products

web.jpg

It also newly has a UMI adjustable panhard bar with rod ends and J&M Adjustable Upper Control Arms and Lower Control arms

I have it dialed in as firm as it will go and it handles great ! :shift: :shift:

web.jpg

Take Care,

Andrew

With the camber plates did you lose your strut tower brace? Also, did you lower the car beyond where it was lowered at SAI? Finally, is the duct hose diameter on your brake ducts the same or larger than those I got at SAI? Thanks.

Jim

I learned a long time ago that building power is one thing, and getting that power to the ground is quite another. Easy enough to supercharge for the power, but you have to control it. Won't mean much if you don't.

Nice job, Andrew.

With the camber plates did you lose your strut tower brace? Also, did you lower the car beyond where it was lowered at SAI? Finally, is the duct hose diameter on your brake ducts the same or larger than those I got at SAI? Thanks.

Jim

Jim

We lost the use of the strut tower brace with the Whipple supercharger install. But I think once Chip Beck makes his (Whipple Stock SGT Hood Strut Tower Brace) it might fit based on not using the inside bolts

web.jpg

I am not sure why I did not measure the heght for a before and after :banghead: but Vogtland's say the springs lower the car by 1.2" from the stock ones. I can measure the car to a specific point and if you do the same we would know (I still have the same tires and wheels that came with it)

Those are Agent 47 hoses on the brake ducts and they look like they are 2" diameter... here is the link to them (no specs) though you can contact them ( I bought them from Stillen) Agent 47

Mac thanks for the compliment !

Take Care,

Andrew

I recently upgraded to the Koni's also; man are they nice. The ride on the street is sooooo smooooth now! Too bad FRPP does not use these dampers instead of the "designed for glass smooth roads" dampers they include...

I kept the FRPP springs as they seem fine for street and track.

The KONI's are worth every penny!

u mean it accually feels like it has a suspension?

i want those koni shocks lol. i'm tired of bouncin around inside my car.

u know those toys with a handle that a child pushes around on the floor and it has little balls that bounces around in a plastic bubble. i feel like one of those little balls being bounced around in it.

city potholes and mahole covers and asphalt patch-up spots are just not good for the SGT. the slightest imperfections in the road amplifies 100 times into the seat of my pants.

out on the open road is the only place the car feels natural because there isnt as much wear and tear or cutting holes for utility repairs as are in city streets. seems like every week there is a new hole being cut in a street between my house and the workplace. then it gets a sh!tty patch job. :banghead:

or they'll finally resurface an old worn out street that hasnt had a new surface in 20 years. then 2 weeks later they start cuttin holes in it to work on some stupid utility line.

maybe when i get the car paid for or maybe just next year or somethin i might get me one of those koni's

I recently upgraded to the Koni's also; man are they nice. The ride on the street is sooooo smooooth now! Too bad FRPP does not use these dampers instead of the "designed for glass smooth roads" dampers they include...

was that all u did was change the shocks and struts? i may do that

Where did tou order your Koni's from ? Were they in stock ?, and do you have the Part Numbers /Model numbers , I agree I think the FRPP shocks are not a very modern design ..........ala Bilstien ,Koni , or Tokico (think thats how you spell it?) ,,did you do the rear shocks too? Thowing this car around Willow springs , and Laguna Seca will make you realize how heavy it is .........even with a Alu drive shaft ,alu flywheel , Pypes exhaust ext. I think it's still about 3500 lbs , and the brakes and shocks are the most noticable when things heat up , I have the Steeda Camber plates but I think when I install them I want some new dampers.& Shocks, Im hoping I can put the Shock tower brace back in with it.....................ZDS

Where did tou order your Koni's from ? Were they in stock ?, and do you have the Part Numbers /Model numbers , I agree I think the FRPP shocks are not a very modern design ..........ala Bilstien ,Koni , or Tokico (think thats how you spell it?) ,,did you do the rear shocks too? Thowing this car around Willow springs , and Laguna Seca will make you realize how heavy it is .........even with a Alu drive shaft ,alu flywheel , Pypes exhaust ext. I think it's still about 3500 lbs , and the brakes and shocks are the most noticable when things heat up , I have the Steeda Camber plates but I think when I install them I want some new dampers.& Shocks, Im hoping I can put the Shock tower brace back in with it.....................ZDS

I got them from Strano Parts (Stan Strano is great guy for chatting performance parts; he races a Shelby GT in auto cross) http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php...4&ModelID=5

Yes, I replaced both front and rear (the rear is where they make the most noticeable difference in keeping the tires on the ground instead of bouncing around in the air!).

Archived