TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08KRs - How Many Produced In Each Color??

ClassicRides

Now that the 2008 Shelby KRs are produced and out the door from SAI. Does anyone know how many were produced in each of the four colors - Silver; Blue; Black and Red??? Inquiring minds want to know....Thanks

They said 1000 cars but think they meant 1000 of each color for each year. lol

I will have the numbers on monday!

They said 1000 cars but think they meant 1000 of each color for each year. lol

I will have the numbers on monday!

no need to wait till monday. the total of 1,000 includes all of the diiferent colors.

only 1,000 total for 2008.

scotty

no need to wait till monday. the total of 1,000 includes all of the diiferent colors.

only 1,000 total for 2008.

scotty

that was an obvious joke! comparing to how many GT500's everyone thought ford would make.... killed pricing so the 1000 for each color was a jab on ford...

have not had a chance to check actual figures yet. busy trying to sell stuff

that was an obvious joke! comparing to how many GT500's everyone thought ford would make.... killed pricing so the 1000 for each color was a jab on ford...

have not had a chance to check actual figures yet. busy trying to sell stuff

If it does turn out that way like it did for the 07' & 08' only for the GT500 my KR will be up for sale, fact.

I made the call today and was told the final KR color's were not avail yet for 2008 model year yet???

I was told I would have the info within 2wks tho

Rare isn't always desirable from what I have heard, I love the silver combo but the black is very menacing, all the colors look great but I wish it would have had a black cherry or candy apple combo as an option.

The carbon fiber looks awesome on this car I wish it had much, much more

• 2 weeks later...
Now that the 2008 Shelby KRs are produced and out the door from SAI. Does anyone know how many were produced in each of the four colors - Silver; Blue; Black and Red??? Inquiring minds want to know....Thanks

I'd like to know how many 2008 black ones were made. Any word?

I heard a rumor of about 498 Silver, 416 Black, 63 Blue, 23 Red, this was just a rumor so please don't use this as gospel. I assume is it not correct

If those are correct numbers mine will be off the market.

Be interesting to see what happens with the pricing now that they are all built. Spring time will most likely see a slight jump in KR prices.

Once the ebay listings thin out think that will help too.

If those are correct numbers mine will be off the market.

Be interesting to see what happens with the pricing now that they are all built. Spring time will most likely see a slight jump in KR prices.

Once the ebay listings thin out think that will help too.

or drop further since the 2010 GT500 is coming out with the same hp as the KR, new clutch and a few other upgrades :shift:

or drop further since the 2010 GT500 is coming out with the same hp as the KR, new clutch and a few other upgrades :shift:

The economy ia the only reason fo lackof sales, period. The mighty ZR1 isnt even selling, all good things to those who wait.

Yes, I believe the red will be the lowest produced, but again it is only rare as it is undesirable and was not ordered as much, all the combo's look nice either way. But Ford should not have made the 2010 with 540hp as it hurt our premium that we paid for the KR.

The economy ia the only reason fo lackof sales, period. The mighty ZR1 isnt even selling, all good things to those who wait.

Yes, I believe the red will be the lowest produced, but again it is only rare as it is undesirable and was not ordered as much, all the combo's look nice either way. But Ford should not have made the 2010 with 540hp as it hurt our premium that we paid for the KR.

The first KR I saw was the Silver Blue prototype at SAAC32, Loved it. Really like the black too. The color combo of Red/Silver was a great deal and already having and loving my Red/Sliver GT500 jumped at the chance. Now that the Red/Sliver is home safe in my garage I am not sorry I chose it.

Would I take a black or blue/silver KR? You betcha'

If the low 23 Red/Silver KR's is even close in number I will like it even more!

I think the biggest reason if the R/S # is actual is advertising so much for the Silver/Blue and black cars. I have had more than one person tell me mine was not a KR because they did not build Red/Silver. Either way I am happy with what I have now that there is no longer a reason to sell the car. It will stay in the climate controlled shop until spring, where it will be enjoyed to the fullest.

Official Numbers for 2008 GT500KR directly taken from Ford SVT Performance Website are as follow:

Total 2008 GT500KR (including prototype units): 1011

Colorado Red with silver stripes: 107

Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 476

Vista Blue with silver stripes: 100

Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 328

Moderators might want to sticky this post

Cheers!

Gilles

Official Numbers for 2008 GT500KR directly taken from Ford SVT Performance Website are as follow:

Total 2008 GT500KR (including prototype units): 1011

Colorado Red with silver stripes: 107

Silver Metallic with vista blue stripes: 476

Vista Blue with silver stripes: 100

Ebony Black with satin ebony stripes: 328

Moderators might want to sticky this post

Cheers!

Gilles

Please provide the link to that site as I can not find it. I did notice the msrp went up for 09 model

Does anyone know how many were actually produced and released by Shelby. Mine was ordered and produced by Ford in April, released to Shelby in June, and shipped to my dealer in October. I am wondering how many were made by Ford but never converted.

Does anyone know how many were actually produced and released by Shelby. Mine was ordered and produced by Ford in April, released to Shelby in June, and shipped to my dealer in October. I am wondering how many were made by Ford but never converted.

are you talking about the basic 08-GT500?

http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php/2008/...uction-numbers/

all that had the kr uppfitters pkg were shipped to shelby and were converted

• 6 months later...

Archived