TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-500 prices are falling

JeffWS

What do you all predict the bottom will be for a GT500 Coupe with reasonable miles and not damaged?

Take a look at E-Bay. Do a completed items check and the highest 07 Gt-500 I saw was $31K, and it didn't sell.

Many are asking much more, but they haven't sold.

That's why I asked if anyone has actually seen a car sell.

A few months ago I was in the market for car. I wanted a new 2008 GT500 and I couldn't find one for less than $52k. I was driving a 2006 Mustang GT and a little upside down on it. I couldn't justify financing $60k (after TTL) and I didn't want to put any money down.

So I opted to drop $10k on my car for the TVS blower and Shelby bumper and hood.

My plan is to pay off my current Mustang in two years. I'm at 0% financing, so no worries there. But by then the 2011 Mustangs will be available and I may be able to get a 2010 GT500 for a little cheaper with my supercharged Mustang as a trade-in.

It's crazy that now the 2008 GT500's are selling for under sticker. Just three months ago I couldn't find one for less than $5k over!

Hardly...

Many people have spent $60K and above, but now they are lucky to get $35K.

This is not just with the Shelby, but many cars.

Spending 35K today on a GT500 is no different than spending 60K 2 and half years ago. Cash is King. GT500 s are holding there value as well or better that most anything.

Spending 35K today on a GT500 is no different than spending 60K 2 and half years ago. Cash is King. GT500 s are holding there value as well or better that most anything.
Some paid a lot for a new gt 500 - some right at list- some below- some used- some real used- it does not matter as long as we have the car we want. They will bottom out and slowly climb as owners start hanging onto the cars- I doubt they will be hugely collectable but will always be one of the top muscle cars. It is a supply and demand issue- All cars are having tough times selling but most people that sell good cars like the gt 500s have found the market soft- to some it becomes a matter of selling what they must to survive.

A few months ago I was in the market for car. I wanted a new 2008 GT500 and I couldn't find one for less than $52k. I was driving a 2006 Mustang GT and a little upside down on it. I couldn't justify financing $60k (after TTL) and I didn't want to put any money down.

So I opted to drop $10k on my car for the TVS blower and Shelby bumper and hood.

My plan is to pay off my current Mustang in two years. I'm at 0% financing, so no worries there. But by then the 2011 Mustangs will be available and I may be able to get a 2010 GT500 for a little cheaper with my supercharged Mustang as a trade-in.

It's crazy that now the 2008 GT500's are selling for under sticker. Just three months ago I couldn't find one for less than $5k over!

I think stripes will complement the great looks of your car...have you considered it?

I think stripes will complement the great looks of your car...have you considered it?

White stripes on this car would look fantastic. No question. But since I got the front end conversion, I've been extremely pleased with the public reaction. People really like the new look!

I want stripes but I can add them anytime. I'll keep it the way it is for now. At the moment, the only exterior change I'm considering is different wheels. I'm really liking the CCW SP20's. Maybe 19" staggered. I just need to wait to find $3k in my couch cushions or somewhere else.

White stripes on this car would look fantastic. No question. But since I got the front end conversion, I've been extremely pleased with the public reaction. People really like the new look!

I want stripes but I can add them anytime. I'll keep it the way it is for now. At the moment, the only exterior change I'm considering is different wheels. I'm really liking the CCW SP20's. Maybe 19" staggered. I just need to wait to find $3k in my couch cushions or somewhere else.

Nice job on the car it looks great and I like the mustang emblem where the cobra is usually. Also very classy of you to not put on the Cobra emblems and have it be a cheezy poser.

I'm sure the prices have fallen but not anywhere near the rate the stock market has over the past 6 months. So the shelby has been a better investment than stock in general.

:lurk:

Please don't liken buying a Shelby Mustang to "investments." Cars are a depreciating asset, and are one of the worst "investments," with very few rare exceptions. Besides, any GT500 should be purchased with the intent to drive them as they were designed to be driven (i.e. raced, tires blazing, etc.).

Guest markham51

Brand new Z06 Corvette in paper this am at 17K off list!

The bigger the ticket, the bigger the discount it seems.

Because the GT500 is a more moderately priced car (Z lists at over 90) it should fare better, but just think of how the Chevy guys are feeling right now....

Archived