TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Funny mod stories?

guydon

I wanted to hear your funny (maybe not to you but to others) mod stories. I will start off with this one... So I get in my newly order shorty antenna and quickly install it in preparation for a show I have the next day. I go to a touchless car wash to knock some light dust off before I wax...all is well. I get to the house and start waxing, and quickly notice I no longer have an antenna, but I do have a nub, that is the base. So just as a joke, I take a black aluminum tire valve cap that I had, and stick it down over top, it fits perfect and looks kind of cool. I laugh a little and get on with detailing. The next day I'm at the show, and a guy comes up and says "dude, that is the smallest shorty I have ever seen, it looks cools as hell" He starts asking where he can get one, and what kind of reception I get. I tell I use sirus mostly so I haven't checked the reception, and before I can tell him what it actually is a guy standing behind him tells him he saw one like on ebay. I just let them walk away. Since them I have had a lot of people notice it and ask where they can get one... too funny!

:hysterical2: That antenna is the worst feature on this car, or any mustang for that matter. Was the first thing to go on mine. The thing looks so out of place the way it towers over the entire car and stands about twice as tall as the roof line. Im really suprised Ford hasnt integrated it into the windshield like other companies have done.

:hysterical2: That antenna is the worst feature on this car, or any mustang for that matter. Was the first thing to go on mine. The thing looks so out of place the way it towers over the entire car and stands about twice as tall as the roof line. Im really suprised Ford hasnt integrated it into the windshield like other companies have done.

Thats the first mod (if you can call it a mod)I did was make the whip aerial shorter.

:hysterical: Great story!

FYI - High pressure water from touchless car washes can damage your stripes. The owner's manual says car washes are a definite no-no. I've heard some nasty horror stories.

Yeah, my stripes are jacked any way. Around where the hood scoop meets the hood they are all bubbled like they were sliding the scoop around before the stripes were set, it looks terrible. I have been trying to get something done about it but you know how that goes.

Yeah, my stripes are jacked any way. Around where the hood scoop meets the hood they are all bubbled like they were sliding the scoop around before the stripes were set, it looks terrible. I have been trying to get something done about it but you know how that goes.

Uh Oh............. :headscratch::lurk:

I got a metal shaving in my eye installing my exhaust. Had to go to the emergency room. OK, I guess that wasn't very funny.

Oh no...that is NOT funny. I have been there myself, very painful and they always have to give you the "one more millimeter and you would be blind for life" speach

Archived