TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To Rear Spoiler or Not to Rear Spoiler

12/12/08

Hi All Shelby fanatics. Got my new scoop in throught the dealer and will be picking up. time to lay on the new stripes. I'm now back to the spoiler or not issue. I like the GT500 spoiler. I wish it had come with the car and would not feel like I was adding on to the SGT. I would take any additional downforce at the 70mph plus that any spoiler would provide some benefit with the tail waggin fun that the Paxton is providing.

Has anyone purchased the add-ons; spoilers, mirror covers, window slats etc. from HubCaps Plus? Theri parts are install ready - pre-painted which is nice and the rear spolier has an additional mounting position on either end. Any feedback on quality, finish, etc. would be appreciated. the link is listed below:

http://www.wheelskin.com/dg-shsplr.html

Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback.

Doug

DougsBadBlackMustang

CSM# 07SGT5501

No spoiler is what sets our cars apart from the others, just my thoughts. :shift:

I love the spoiler "delete" look of SGTs.

There is a big advantage of the GT500 rear spoiler and a splitter up front - you will reduce lift considerably at speed. I read a while back that Ford claims a 250lb reduction in lift at 90MPH.

I liked the no spoiler look but felt from the side the car needed something to balance the hood scoop up front. I didn't like the GT500 spoiler, too much for my taste, and the regular GT spoiler was, well, too common!

I decided, after seeing the KR, to go with the V6 spoiler. I loved the look on the KR and I think it adds to the back without ruining the lines of a spoiler delete too badly.

But, as they say, beauty is in the eye...

Picture_3.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Picture_3.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

No spoiler is what sets our cars apart from the others, just my thoughts. :shift:

I agree...that, and the scoop. I prefer the cleaner look. But, these things are always a matter of personal preference.

Well, first of all, if your rear spoiler is "shifting and flapping and damaging your trunk lid!", then you did not tighten it up right in the first place!!! There is no need for EXTRA bolt holes to be drilled...

I like the GT500 spoiler look as you can see in my pic below...I also noticed the rear end of the car moving around a lot at tripple digit speeds out here in the flat lands of West Texas, but after installing the GT500 spoiler, it settled the rear of the car down tremendously...some say that it is out of the air flow and it does nothing, but the seat of my pants tells me otherwise...

I got my spoiler from spoilerexpress.com, painted and shipped was a little cheaper than the one you're looking at there...

12/12/08

Hi All Shelby fanatics. Got my new scoop in throught the dealer and will be picking up. time to lay on the new stripes. I'm now back to the spoiler or not issue. I like the GT500 spoiler. I wish it had come with the car and would not feel like I was adding on to the SGT. I would take any additional downforce at the 70mph plus that any spoiler would provide some benefit with the tail waggin fun that the Paxton is providing.

Has anyone purchased the add-ons; spoilers, mirror covers, window slats etc. from HubCaps Plus? Theri parts are install ready - pre-painted which is nice and the rear spolier has an additional mounting position on either end. Any feedback on quality, finish, etc. would be appreciated. the link is listed below:

http://www.wheelskin.com/dg-shsplr.html

Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback.

Doug

DougsBadBlackMustang

CSM# 07SGT5501

That is my dilemma too! :headscratch:

Dont need no stinking spoiler! Why? Drill holes or put tape on my trunk and paint? No way! Have the trunk hit me on the head while looking in the trunk due to pre worn trunk lifters. No way! Boy wonder look? I dont think so. SUDDEN.

I added the spoiler last spring. I went with a Ford factory GT500 spoiler, for fit and finish.

Had it painted, and striped and installed myself. a snap. I dont regret going factory spoiler. sometimes you just cant trust those re-pops.

DSC02176.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

I don't care for the rear spoiler look. I do like the CDC ducktail but wouldn't put one on my SGT...love the clean lines too much. If I had designed the SGT, it wouldn't have come with those non functinal side scoops or hood scoop either.

I love the ducktail also. If i go with a spoiler it will be that. then again I will probably change my mind as i always do.

I did the spoiler after going back and forth on it. Funny thing now that I have it...some days I like it and some days I don't. Wierd. My plans are to buy a used hood and deck lid and store in the rafters. That way later on when I am gone someone else can cus me the whole time they put it back original. At least that way, both of us will have had fun! Craig

When I first bought my Shelby GT I had all intentions of adding a GT500 Spoiler. However now I've changed my mind...that is until I see a pic of Rick's (Pottydr's) or Swede's SGT with the spoiler and I'm not so sure. The car looks great either way. Maybe some day if I just feel a need to change the look but I really like it pretty much like Carroll designed it.

Jim

Archived