TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's a sickness!

2007_Shelby_GT

When I first got my SGT and joined Team Shelby, (on the old forum), I said something like this:

“I don’t think I’ll mod my car, I like it the way it is. Less is more.”

A year and a half later, I’m still eating crow! I can’t stop adding a little here and a little there!

From Gas Cap to Pit Stripes – it doesn’t look like it will ever end! (Not to mention innumberable shirts, stickers, and other trinkets!)

Fortunately, when I look around here, I see I’m not alone!

Perhaps a “Shelby Anonymous” twelve step intervention program should be started!?

On second thought – Naaawwwwww!!!!

This is to much fun!

Sam

AKA:

Yeah I know what your saying. My wife and friends cannot stand to hear the word TEAM SHELBY anymore; it seems like since I rented the 07 GT-H in Sanfransico all I can focus on is our cars. Once the Shelby bug gets you its worse (OR SHOULD I SAY BETTER) than being addicted to any drug. I spend at least 2 hours a day reading all the forums and I even check the forums on my cellphone when I'm out and about. Its a sickness that we all cannot deny.

When I first got my SGT and joined Team Shelby, (on the old forum), I said something like this:

“I don’t think I’ll mod my car, I like it the way it is. Less is more.”

A year and a half later, I’m still eating crow! I can’t stop adding a little here and a little there!

From Gas Cap to Pit Stripes – it doesn’t look like it will ever end! (Not to mention innumberable shirts, stickers, and other trinkets!)

Fortunately, when I look around here, I see I’m not alone!

Perhaps a “Shelby Anonymous” twelve step intervention program should be started!?

On second thought – Naaawwwwww!!!!

This is to much fun!

Sam

AKA:

roflol.gif

I said the same thing..."I'm keeping it stock!" Now look at my signature.

Yeah I know what your saying. My wife and friends cannot stand to hear the word TEAM SHELBY anymore; it seems like since I rented the 07 GT-H in Sanfransico all I can focus on is our cars. Once the Shelby bug gets you its worse (OR SHOULD I SAY BETTER) than being addicted to any drug. I spend at least 2 hours a day reading all the forums and I even check the forums on my cellphone when I'm out and about. Its a sickness that we all cannot deny.

Your right. I`ve never been this sick in my whole life time & I feel `GOOD `.

We too were keeping it stock. Now look at my signature. :shrug: Nothing wrong with dressing up a great car a little more. My 1st year as an owner anniversary is this Sunday. I can just imagine how my signature will look next year at this time :eek5: :happy feet:

The problem is that :censored: Shelby Parts company keeps sending me a catalog. :hysterical:

Yeah I said the same thing and so far I have tinted the windows, replaced almost every cap and hose under-hood, and put hood struts on (love them!) and I have a list of mods as longs as my arm that I want to get done before show season next year. I Already went through this with an 06 gt, but I just can't stop my self. Instead of the mantra "die young, leave a beautiful corpse", I'm more "die old, and broke, and with a beautiful car"

My wife already knows I am a nut, so I am ok there...but the forum I find very enjoyable and a great learning experience as well. Before bed and when waking up haha I never thought I would be a internet geek too! Heck I may even meet another SGT owner in real life one day! haha :hysterical:

Yeah - I put together a spreadsheet with all the 'little things' that I did to my SGT. I was shocked to see the bottom line when it was all done. $6500 in 'little things' and that was in less than 1 year. I got the 'bug' (as we so affectionately call it in denial) so bad now, I'm looking into either find another SGT or building my own CS8. I thought I would be good with just the one, but now ?????

Hi - My name is Trevor Clark, and I'm addicted to modding!

"Hi, Im Michael Morris and Im addicted to MODDING"

"Please help, someone take away my Credit Card"

"Honey if I order this part I swear I wont order anything else"

:hysterical::hysterical:

MM

:hysterical:

Reminds me of Finding Nemo: "Fish are friends, NOT FOOD!"

Hi, I'm Sam and I'm addicted to modding!"

Sam

AKA:

Wife: Why are we dropping off the car again?

Me: I need the shop to take a look at something for me.

2 days pass

Wife: When are you getting your car back? Is it something serious?

Me: No honey, everything is fine! They're just busy.

3 days pass

Wife: Are you sure you're not spending a bunch of money on this thing?

Me: It's not a "thing" it's a Shelby and how much is exactly a "bunch of money?"

4th day

Wife: I'm going in with you when you pick up the car

Me: It's a Shelby not a car

Wife: Ok, whatever I'm going in

Me: Why?

Wife: I want to see how much you spent!

Me: Excuse me I need to get something before we go. (Frantically dials the shop to settle the bill over the phone and asks them to place the receipt in the glovebox)

Mission Accomplished..... AGAIN! :banvictory:

For more money laundering tips PM me.

I'm no better. I was debt free except for the SGT. As soon as I got it I replaced the wheels and tires. I keep dumping little mods here and there into the SGT. I didn't blink an eye at spending $3000 within a week of getting it. I got a call from Discover saying they noticed some radical transactions on my card. I was embarrassed to admit I went mod mad. All the while I keep saying I'm saving up for an SC. Looking back I should have just done the SC first. I even had to order a replacement Visa card because SPP does not take Discover.... Who pays $219 for little driving light. How insane.

I need help... looking for my next mod fix.

My name is Andrew and am I addicted to modding my Shelby...

AB Emblem Custom Dye Sublimated Visor Cover

Shorty Antenna

AFCO Pro Series Dual Pass Intercooler Heat Exchanger

Agent 47 Side Mirrors

Agent 47 Brake Cooling Kit and Lower Grille Inserts

ATE Super Blue DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid

Auto Meter Cobalt Gauges (Full Sweep Electric)

Baer DecelaRotors Drilled and Slotted

BMR Prothane Bullet Motor Mount

BMR Driveshaft Loop

FRRP Push Button Start

Ford GT 38lb/hr fuel injectors

0 degree Ford Racing spark plugs

Shelby GT500 Duel fuel pump

Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines

H3R Halo Fire Extinguisher Chrome with Bracket

Hawk HPS Brake Pads

Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Hurst Line Lock with Shifter Knob Button

Innovators West Harmonized Balancer – aluminum

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks and Struts

Leonard Racing SpyderShaft1 piece Aluminum drive shaft

L&M Adjustable UCA and LCA

MM Products Caster Camber Plates

McGard Lug Nuts and Locking Nut

MoleSkin Window Felt

Moroso Coolant Expansion Tank (Aluminum)

Moroso Power Steering Fluid Tank (Aluminum)

Moroso Supercharger Coolant Tank (Aluminum)

Moroso Oil/Air Separator Tank aluminum

Raptor Shifter Light (Blue)

Speed of Sound Triple A-Pillar Gauge Cluster

Shelby Billet Engine Caps

Shelby Billet Under Hood Hardware

Shelby Billet Hood Pins 2008

Shelby Billet Pedal Covers

Shelby Berg Snake Faux Gas Cap

SHR Quarter Window Louvers Painted Black

SHR Billet Fuel Door Black Anodized

Spec Stage 3+ Clutch

Spec Steel Fly wheel

Steeda Battery Relocation Box

Thump rrrr 76mm idler tension pulley

UMI Double Adjustable Chrome Moly Panhard Bar (Rod Ends)

Vogtland Lowering Springs

Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights

Whipple HO Intercooled Supercharge

Midwest Auto Radiator Cover with extenders (not installed yet)

FRPP M-5230-S Axle Back Mufflers KR500 (ordered but waiting on)

JBA Long Tube headers and X pipes (on the wish list)

FRRP Ford Racing Blue Valve Covers (on the wish list)

BMR K-Member Brace ½ lowered (on the wish list)

BBG 8-rib pulley system (on the wish list)

Ram Hydraulic Slave Cylinder (Removed Failed)

It's not just Shelbys, it's an S197 Mustang thing! I feel like a crack addict.

- oh, btw, I just installed MMR billet fuel rails. Anodized red! They look really cool next to my FRPP Whipple and Ford blue valve covers. I will post pics Monday.

Wife "what are you doing now?"

"Oh, nothing honey"

Hello, my name is Tony and I'm a Shelby mod-a-holic :)

Most of the things I did were piddly things that I think Ford should have done anyway: lower grille insert [i first thought someone forgot to install it at the factory then I saw they were all like that, even the bone stock ones from Ford]. Also the self-dimming mirror with the garage door opener. But like I said these are things that should have been there to begin with.

Then I put in the HD radio kit. It's not perfect, but I don't think any other HD radio would be any different - the signal is either on or off (digital things are funny that way) so when you are listening to a far away station the analog radio gets staticy HD just cuts out and it reverts to analog. I fixed this by putting in the Y-adapter to restore the original tuner.

Then the sequential tail lights. They're just cool.

Then the Kenne Bell. That's really the only thing that falls into "mod" category.

Think of it this way. It's like a house:

You can finish the basement (grille, mirror, radio, lights).

or remodel (Supercharger).

I too have the addiction but not as bad as most of you. (does that sound like a drug addict or what?)

As soon as I get a piece installed im looking for my next fix.

I think we need to all pull together and buy Ilmor a little something for christmas so he can get a taste of this addiction.

So far I have the following installed with others on order or sitting in the garage:

Shorty Antenna (1-4-08)

Sequential Tail Lights (1-4-08)

Air Bag Cover signed (2-14-08)

Engine Bay Dress Up Bolts (2-27-08)

Hood Prop Dress Up Bolts (2-27-08)

Door Sill Accents (3-24-08)

Map light trip (3-24-08)

Billet Engine Caps (3-24-08)

Billet Hood Pins (4-1-08)

Headrest Covers (9-25-08)

Armrest Cover (10-1-08)

Hubcaps (12-5-08)

Battery Hold Down (12-10-08)

This list is getting almost as long as my list of HD Mods. Atleast the Shelby Mods arnt as expensive as the HD Mods.

Hi guys, my name is Jose and I must say that this is not my fault because it's hereditary. I blame it on my father as he passed down this wonderful sickness to me. Like we have all said, Shelby's are not just cars and I have a theory that they take over our brains and control them at some level.... that's it! It's them telling us to do it

I couldn't help myself, I fell off the wagon:

1) Steeda intake elbow

2) Replaced "butchered" grill surround with new 2008 version.

3) Shorty billet antenna

4) Ordered Shelby brake duct and driving light kit.

On the other hand, I did return to stock mufflers - I put the SLP Loudmouths away for now.

Sam

AKA:

It is a sickness. Everyday I tell myself I've spent enough - too much - on this vehicle and SPPs. Then, every day I look to see what others have purchased and done and what I want next. Or, more correctly, what I NEED next. And the priority changes too!! Now that they become available (sometime in January) the brake duct driving light kit has moved to the top of the list!!! I could probably get a handle on things if the internet were to go down for a couple weeks!

lol i think i'm the only one here that accually has an all orignial SGT. except for the repainting and restriping due to hail damage.

oh wait......

i installed the Shelby billet hood pin kit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Its starting! :o

accually i only did it to keep the hood from gettin damaged by someone accidently poppin the hood before removing the rings. i still have the original pin kit. :angel:

lol i think i'm the only one here that accually has an all orignial SGT. except for the repainting and restriping due to hail damage.

oh wait......

i installed the Shelby billet hood pin kit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Its starting! :o

accually i only did it to keep the hood from gettin damaged by someone accidently poppin the hood before removing the rings. i still have the original pin kit. :angel:

TOOOOOOO Late. You have entered the dark side my friend. :drool:

Archived