TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered CS6 front fascia BUT

bswor

I ordered the cs6 front fascia a week ago but now I'm told that there will be an additional 2-3 weeks wait because they have been recalled and are making new ones? I figured if anyone knew it would be someone on this forum. Either that or I'm getting jacked around.... I'm waiting on the company to explain in the meantime.

I ordered the cs6 front fascia a week ago but now I'm told that there will be an additional 2-3 weeks wait because they have been recalled and are making new ones? I figured if anyone knew it would be someone on this forum. Either that or I'm getting jacked around.... I'm waiting on the company to explain in the meantime.

Did they tell you what the recall was for??

Did they tell you what the recall was for??

When the fascia's were first made back in 2006, They had to have it remade/prototyped something like 6 times as each time they were defective. I'm betting that the company that makes them is putting out bad ones again.

If there's one thing I've learned about this process. . . . . It's to be patient. Although things may seem like they are going slow, you can be sure that someone with S.A.I. is working on getting things figured out. If they send out a part and it's defective - they know what that means. If they await the manufacturer to get things right, then you can be confident that you're getting a good quality part. I'd rather wait patiently for a part that fits right than get 3/4 thru my build and find that the darn front facia doesn't fit right, or the grille won't go into place correctly. If there was a recall - then you know that there's a reason behind it and a proper fix soon to follow.

Shelby GT owners can attest to the wait for a fix to our hood scoops or for the lower grille/driving light kits we've all be waiting for.

I have confidence in S.A.I. and I can handle a little wait for the right fit/finish. :)

Just my $0.02

Trevor

If there's one thing I've learned about this process. . . . . It's to be patient. Although things may seem like they are going slow, you can be sure that someone with S.A.I. is working on getting things figured out. If they send out a part and it's defective - they know what that means. If they await the manufacturer to get things right, then you can be confident that you're getting a good quality part. I'd rather wait patiently for a part that fits right than get 3/4 thru my build and find that the darn front facia doesn't fit right, or the grille won't go into place correctly. If there was a recall - then you know that there's a reason behind it and a proper fix soon to follow.

Shelby GT owners can attest to the wait for a fix to our hood scoops or for the lower grille/driving light kits we've all be waiting for.

I have confidence in S.A.I. and I can handle a little wait for the right fit/finish. :)

Just my $0.02

Trevor

I called ssp on the front fashia they are being re tooled for better fit so the body shop does not have to cut up the crash pad aka the styrafome does not have to be shaved ,and it will fit just like the factory front fashia was on the car and less problums.

I called ssp on the front fashia they are being re tooled for better fit so the body shop does not have to cut up the crash pad aka the styrafome does not have to be shaved ,and it will fit just like the factory front fashia was on the car and less problums.

That's what I was thinking but I have not had it confirmed yet. I'll post again when I hear something.

That's what I was thinking but I have not had it confirmed yet. I'll post again when I hear something.

The one on my car is my 2nd. The first one I had I did have to cut up the crash pad but the lower grill opening on it was severly warped and could not be flexed into shape. SSP sent me a new fascia and it was a much better fit, In fact I did all the fitting myself this time but in a side by side comparison you could see some not so easly noticabe changes between the two. The new one I did not have to modify the crash pad (I had a new one here to use). This second fascia is around a year old though.

Just my $0.02

Trevor

Nice stripe on the fender.. i had a similar stripe also but different color on my old 06gt

post-23554-1229410040_thumb.jpg

post-23554-1229410040_thumb.jpg

Nice stripe on the fender.. i had a similar stripe also but different color on my old 06gt

I like your car, it has that cross between a road racer and a sick muscle car.

Anyways does anyone know where I buy the lower grill for the CS6 fascia or is it just cheaper to make one?

The Fascia and grill are the same ones used on the Terlingua. Up until the Terlingua came out, there hasn't been a huge calling for the CS6 fascia. Now that the Terlingua is going into production, they've got to ramp up production of the fascia and fulfill the orders for the Terlingua's.

• 3 weeks later...
The Fascia and grill are the same ones used on the Terlingua. Up until the Terlingua came out, there hasn't been a huge calling for the CS6 fascia. Now that the Terlingua is going into production, they've got to ramp up production of the fascia and fulfill the orders for the Terlingua's.

The company I'm getting the fascia from says that It won't ship until the end of January. They have had alot of delay's when getting parts from shelby which seems to be the norm? So I will patiently wait I guess. I never was able to confirm the reason for the new tooling.

Archived