TEAM SHELBY FORUM

coolant expansion tank

Does this just replace the plastic tank under the hood?

Anyone have one of these? How was the install, if so?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...768&FROM=MG

Ken

I love Moroso tanks

web.jpg

Coolant

web.jpg

Power Steering Fluid

web.jpg

Supercharger Coolant

web.jpg

Can't tell you about the install other than I paid my shop to do it and they had nothing but goods things to say.

Good Luck,

Andrew Nagle

I did a Canton, the install was easy, took about 30 mins, I siphoned the fluid out, that took the longest time. The only thing i didn't like about the Canton style is that you can't use your billet cap on it, you have to use a reg radiator cap which sucked.

I did a Canton, the install was easy, took about 30 mins, I siphoned the fluid out, that took the longest time. The only thing i didn't like about the Canton style is that you can't use your billet cap on it, you have to use a reg radiator cap which sucked.

I removed the top hose (relieves the pressure), and cut a large opening off of a 1-gallon milk jug. Once I removed the bottom hose, just let it drain into the jug. Just in case you don't like the taste of rad fluid! :)

The Shelby billet cap set slipped over the stock cap which I don't necessarily care for. I thought the threading on the reservoir was a little different, not an exact match to stock, but it works.

I love Moroso tanks

web.jpg

Coolant

web.jpg

Power Steering Fluid

web.jpg

Supercharger Coolant

web.jpg

Can't tell you about the install other than I paid my shop to do it and they had nothing but goods things to say.

Good Luck,

Andrew Nagle

Andrew,

Good looking "upskirt" shot! That really sets off your engine bay!

Obviously you've relocated your battery to install the coolant tank. For battery relocation, do you know which manufacturer was utilized? Steeda, Summit, other?

Thanks,

Sam

AKA:

Andrew,

Good looking "upskirt" shot! That really sets off your engine bay!

Obviously you've relocated your battery to install the coolant tank. For battery relocation, do you know which manufacturer was utilized? Steeda, Summit, other?

Thanks,

Sam

AKA:

Sam

Thanks, for the compliments we used the Steeda, I don't have any photos of it but plan on taking some photos of the car this weekend and will post them.

Take Care,

Andrew

Did you have to drop the tank to get those bolts through the bottom of the trunk floor or is it pretty accessible? Did you run the cables through the interior? Under the sill plates or carpet?

We ran the cables under the sill plates and we did not drop the tank we were able to get the bolts trough the bottom of the trunk no problem, you gotta kind a look at where they will come through to not hit an supports, we drilled a couple small holes first and to make sure. We got the complete relocation kit from them Steeda

Good luck and have fun

Andrew

I love Moroso tanks

web.jpg

Coolant

Absolutely awesome.

Jer

Archived