TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A few questions for you folks

guydon

Hey all,

Been lurking for a while but just signed up. I had a few questions for folks that have been around a while and I couldn't quite find what I was looking for with search.

First, I have dressed up the engine quite a bit (pics to come soon...sorry), but haven't done anything to the out side besides window tint. I want to put some window scoops, headlight splitters, maybe center fog light grill, duck tail spoiler, and a few other things. Basically I want it to look a little more like a 68 with a modern twist. I want to keep the value and keep it tasteful....suggestions???

Second, what is the deal with the SGT being a cobra or not? On the Shelby site (where you register as a Shelby owner) it says the SGT IS considered a cobra, it just doesn't have cobra badging. Anyone know how that works?

Thanks to everyone on the site, and I hope to be a regular poster from now on!

If your looking for grille lights, you might wanna look into the CS6 grille that you see on my car. Plus I added the clear corner lenses for a cleaner look. Also sequential tail lights is a nice touch. Also, there's talks about the lower lights and brake bezel becoming available. The first thing I would do though is get the lower grille. It's a nice look and protect the lower half of radiator. Check out the Shelby Performance Parts Catolog for more ideas.

Hey all,

Been lurking for a while but just signed up. I had a few questions for folks that have been around a while and I couldn't quite find what I was looking for with search.

First, I have dressed up the engine quite a bit (pics to come soon...sorry), but haven't done anything to the out side besides window tint. I want to put some window scoops, headlight splitters, maybe center fog light grill, duck tail spoiler, and a few other things. Basically I want it to look a little more like a 68 with a modern twist. I want to keep the value and keep it tasteful....suggestions???

Second, what is the deal with the SGT being a cobra or not? On the Shelby site (where you register as a Shelby owner) it says the SGT IS considered a cobra, it just doesn't have cobra badging. Anyone know how that works?

First of all, Welcome to the site...Our CSM #'s are pretty close...mine is 0235...First thing I added to my SGT was the GT500 rear spoiler, second thing I added was the lower billet grille to protect the lower radiator...I have since added GT500 Wheels and tires (No, I don't want it to be a GT500, I just like the spoiler and wheels) I'm still waiting for SAI to release the lower brake duct/driving light set so I can add that...

As far as whether or not it's a Cobra, don't pay any attention to Reino...LOL JK Reino.... Carroll himself says that there is a little Cobra DNA in all of the Shelby's that he builds...Technically, no, it isn't a Cobra, but I now have 6 of the older style Cobra's on my car now...I bought the Berg Cap to cover the pony on the back, and I created a custom cap for the steering wheel and I've put the Cobra on my SVT center caps on my wheels...I'm trying to find one to replace the pony on the grille now...

It's your car, do what you want to with it...As far as louvers, look at the ones from Silverhorse Racing! Those look more retro than anything I've seen, and I'm dying for a set of those too....

post-19184-1229030427_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1229030427_thumb.jpg

Hey all,

First off, a big welcome to the asylum. Since you've been lurking a while you know there's a bunch of good folks here just full of advice :rolleyes: The main thing is when you mod your Shelby we want pictures. As for mods, some think you should keep it stock while for others, anything goes. It's yours! Make it what you like but post pic's! Enjoy

Jim

Welcome. I have had my 07SGT for a year now and I have kept it pretty much stock except for the Shelby items I have listed under my signature down below. I have chosen to stay as stock as possible as I like the look as is. I have all of the parts I took off in case I feel I need to go back to 100% stock. I'm going to add the Cobra hub centers while my car is parked for the winter. Sometimes I wish I could afford a second SGT or a Mustang GT to do the type of mods you're lookiing at.

I certainly didn't buy my car as an investment but rather as a middle age crazy desire :yahoo: If it appreciates, fine, if not, oh well :shrug: Either way it will always be a Shellby, my Shelby, and that's not a bad thing :happy feet: :beerchug:

Our cars have the Cobra hood scoop and PBF fender badges direct from the factory in Las Vegas where Cobras are still manufactured. You can't tell me some of that Cobra DNA didn't leak under the shop wall in to the SGTs under construction on the other side. Even the SGT faux gas cap cover offered by Shelby Perfomance Parts has the Cobra on it. They will call you to verify your CSM before they'll sell it to you.

What ever you consider your car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

ERIK

07SGT2940

If your looking for grille lights, you might wanna look into the CS6 grille that you see on my car. Plus I added the clear corner lenses for a cleaner look. Also sequential tail lights is a nice touch. Also, there's talks about the lower lights and brake bezel becoming available. The first thing I would do though is get the lower grille. It's a nice look and protect the lower half of radiator. Check out the Shelby Performance Parts Catolog for more ideas.

Welcome to our nightmare..errr..DREAM!!

Not to try and steal the thread, but Tek, where did you get the clear corner lenses?

Sam

AKA:

thanks much for all the advice and support. I had an 06 GT (torch red) before the SGT and modded the hell out of so I know how the bug can be. I love the SGT, but it's a bit underpowered for my taste. I need to get a tune first I guess, as it will be a while before I can S/C it. Becuase of the add-on's from Shelby package I'm not sure what to do performance wise first. I guess I will look around the forums a bit and see what folks are doing to the SGT's. Like was mentioned, I always keep stock parts to be able to replace them if need be. I mostly concerned with looks, over the winter and then as summer gets closer I will start going performance that way I'm not temped to "test" my new performance on icey roads. Thanks again

Not to try and steal the thread, but Tek, where did you get the clear corner lenses?

Sam

AKA:

I got them from AmericanMuscle.com, but I just checked their website and can't seem to find them anymore. Here's another website that seems to have the same ones.

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=5055

I've added hood strut since these pics, I LOVE them so ver much. I showed the car (first shows ever) this summer here in washington, and won two, and got peoples choice in the other. I was so excited! My wife and I had both just back from Iraq and we really needed something positive to happen.

Welcome to the site, I have the CS8 upper grill with D/R lights lower grill and Brake Duct option no fogs as i have K/B SC, Duck tail spoiler and Silver Horse window louvers. SGT081124. Coupe Automatic. Picks in my Gallery if you want to look.

Welcome to the site, I have the CS8 upper grill with D/R lights lower grill and Brake Duct option no fogs as i have K/B SC, Duck tail spoiler and Silver Horse window louvers. SGT081124. Coupe Automatic. Picks in my Gallery if you want to look.

It looks very, very nice. Thanks!

I got them from AmericanMuscle.com, but I just checked their website and can't seem to find them anymore. Here's another website that seems to have the same ones.

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=5055

Thanks Tek!

Sam

AKA:

Welcome and congratulations. And also, welcome back to both of you. We all owe you both for serving our country.

Have fun with your new ride and enjoy. The great part of the SN197 platform is the nostalgia look and the endless modifications you can choose to make it personal.

If you have not done so, go to our home site http://registry.teamshelby.com/ and enter your information on into our registry.

Roger

Welcome home to both of you. You have my gratitude for your service and sacrifice. :salute::salute:

Good looking car. What a great way to start off as a new SGT owner and end this season for you. Seems like you have it planned out for next season.

Erik

... My wife and I had both just back from Iraq and we really needed something positive to happen.

Welcome home. I am coming home myself next month. I can hardly stand it. Sorry I didn't catch that (you and your wife were in Iraq) earlier. I hear the battery is dead in my car just like AFBLUE's.

Welcome home. I am coming home myself next month. I can hardly stand it. Sorry I didn't catch that (you and your wife were in Iraq) earlier. I hear the battery is dead in my car just like AFBLUE's.

Yeah mine went dead to while listning to a Raiders game on sirus. I'm going to replace the battery with something decent, and charge the other as a spare. I'm glad you are coming home next month. That last month is always the worst, seems like it takes forever. Good luck and let us kno9w when you get home safe!

Archived