TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LVMS "427"

Boston Mike

http://www.lvms.com/news/superspeedway/538665.html

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. What does the package have that justifies the 6k cost? I mean:

Steeda Caster/Camber plates = ~300

Signed visor mirror cover and sill plates = ~500 (since the signed dash plaque and sill plates combo was ~350, I'm adding 150 for the added

material cost of the visor cover itself)

fender logos = ?? (they are butt ugly IMHO........I bought a GT500 cause I didn't want a Vette..............don't want my logo to look like a

Vette's

floor mats = ~100 (I like my red cobra ones better)

Now I realize that they are giving 8 tickets to the race on 3/1/09. But at basically 600/person, unless the seats for me and 7 friends are in the passenger seats of the racecars, just not worth it IMHO.

Also, what happened? This was supposed to be just for SS owners. Now open for all SS, KR, 40th and GT500 owners? Couldn't find enough SS owners ready to plop down the extra 6k?

Pot stirred. :-)

I got an email on this today as well as was going to call them on it, don't think its worth 6k but it could help maintain some value on the car that would be the only reason I would do it.

Where in MA you from? Grew up in Belmont, lived in Framingham before heading out for the Big D.

yeah....I got my invitation for this today as well...and all I can say...is NO WAY.....i am sorry $6,000 for what amounts to a couple signatures..some ugly fender badges and sills plates that look way over crowded with all the words...cripes..that will delay any passenger getting into my car at least another 5 seconds so they can read it all...sorry to rant here..but I agree with boston mike..this is a little ...no rephrase....this is VERY PRICEY for what it is....$6,000 for fluff....in todays economy....CRAZY!!! ok...flame suit on....flame away...

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. What does the package have that justifies the 6k cost? I mean:

Signed visor mirror cover and sill plates = ~500 (since the signed dash plaque and sill plates combo was ~350, I'm adding 150 for the added

fender logos = ?? (they are butt ugly IMHO........I bought a GT500 cause I didn't want a Vette..............don't want my logo to look like a

Vette's

Now I realize that they are giving 8 tickets to the race on 3/1/09. But at basically 600/person, unless the seats for me and 7 friends are in the passenger seats of the racecars, just not worth it IMHO.

Also, what happened? This was supposed to be just for SS owners. Now open for all SS, KR, 40th and GT500 owners? Couldn't find enough SS owners ready to plop down the extra 6k?

wow, there's going to be 327 pissed off SS owners out there

I grew up in Roslindale and now live in Dedham, we've thought about relocating getting tired of the New England winters.

I'd say you'd like Dallas as it USUALLY doesn't get crazy cold. I say it that way since Monday's high was 70 degrees. Monday night brought torrential downpours and tornado warnings (wall cloud was sighted by the storm chasers in an area about 3 miles from my house!!) followed by a 50 degree drop and snow flurries on Tuesday afternoon.

Vette's

Overpriced. I don't see anything worth 6K.

I have gotten many many emails and even calls trying to sell me the package. A call today was recording from guy at the track.....

I would not pay 500.00 for package much rather than 6,000.00

They are trying to use Fords 427 Rep on selling the package, nothing 427 about it. As someone said 5-6k would be better spent on a performance mod like the Blower.

Now if Shelby Auto is listening a 625hp package for my KR would be cool. TVS blower with NOTHING else to jack up the Price. Ok, maybe a single badge to call it a KR-R or similar... lol

Thanks for the pics, I will echo what everyone else says, not worth $6,000. But, IMO, why not offer to GT500 owners? It would certainly look better than a double badged SS, or 40th, or KR.

So, you have a Shelby LVMS 427 Special Edition on top of Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary Special Edition?? :headscratch: or a GT500 KR, LVMS 427 Spec Ed?

Piling on to retain value? The KR, SS and 40th were/are limited runs with special bading. Why water those spec editions down by adding a LVMS Spec Ed?

Anyway, as I said, even if they did offer them to us GT500 owners, I wouldnt pony up the dough - would rather get a TVS :happy feet:

This is all about making money. I think Shelby is cheapening his name by offering overpriced packages that lack real value.

I disagree .......He is at the top of his game and having fun....how many of us will be able to do (and have fun doing it) when we get to his age, He is always looking for the next thing and that is inspiring....Go SHELBY :happy feet:

I disagree .......He is at the top of his game and having fun....how many of us will be able to do (and have fun doing it) when we get to his age, He is always looking for the next thing and that is inspiring....Go SHELBY :happy feet:

I agree Mr. Shelby is at the top of his game and deserves all the recognition he certainly is entitled to. However, this is really about making money at the game he loves. The game Mr. Shelby is playing now however, is much different than it was in the 60's when he actually was much more "hands on" in the design. modifications and build of cars Lets face it, a nice lady is running his company and you can build a 725 HP GT500 for less than half the 30K Shelby Motors charges. Big profit here as intended. These packages are designed to make cash. Take our GT500 for example. Sure, Mr. Shelby had input. But not near to the extent he did on the original Shelby mustangs. Ford designed this car, and it's uniqueness, and only involved Mr. Shelby to make money from his name recognition. They didn't involve him to design performance enhancements like in the old days. At Mr. Shelby's age I'm sure he approves a lot of concepts and products, but actually designs almost none of them. I"m proud of my Shelby GT500, and Mr. Shelby's accomplishments, but I hate to see packages like this "427" that are all fluff and cosmetics, lack performance, and offer exclusivitiy for cash.

Archived