TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got new stripes and scoop!

bung

My wife took her 07 in last week to get the stripes replaced. Shelby denied the claim at first but the dealer pressed and they finally met half way I think. She picked up the car today and it looks GREAT. The stripes are PERFECT and the new scoop looks awesome. They even wet sanded a few scratches on the fender for us. She is back to loving her car again.

Dealer told us to use Turtle Wax ICE on the stripes to keep them from drying out and spotting like they did. Anyone else using that or anything else?

Thanks

My wife took her 07 in last week to get the stripes replaced. Shelby denied the claim at first but the dealer pressed and they finally met half way I think. She picked up the car today and it looks GREAT. The stripes are PERFECT and the new scoop looks awesome. They even wet sanded a few scratches on the fender for us. She is back to loving her car again.

Dealer told us to use Turtle Wax ICE on the stripes to keep them from drying out and spotting like they did. Anyone else using that or anything else?

Thanks

I use ICE and it works!

Glenn

Any pictures?

I have always used wax on the stripes.. More spcecifically, Meguiars sealant.. purple stuff. I have never had any issues with spotting after almost 2 years..

She's still at work and it's dark now, (dang I hate winter, even in Florida), it will probably be this weekend before I get any pics. Maybe it will be warm enough for her to pose!!! :drool:

post-11059-1228952249_thumb.jpg

post-11059-1228952249_thumb.jpg

I used turtle wax but it didn't seem to help. My stripes are spotting real bad. Took it into the dealer on Friday and he took a lot of pic. He called back and said they want some more pics. He said they may not cover it ! Hope they do. Scoop looks good.

They said the same thing to us at first, but our service manager is great(He has a thing for my wife I think :drool: )

He did take more pics and sent them in and got the job done for us.

Bung - Who did you take it to? Do you know if they did the work in-house or contracted out?

I haven't had any stripe issues, but my scoop could stand to be replaced!

Sam

AKA:

Hey Sam,

The wife took it to Bozzard Ford, we didn't buy the car there, but they've been great to deal with and have done work on our son's 03 Stang. They did farm out the work to a shop in Jax, but I don't recall who it was.

Hey Sam,

The wife took it to Bozzard Ford, we didn't buy the car there, but they've been great to deal with and have done work on our son's 03 Stang. They did farm out the work to a shop in Jax, but I don't recall who it was.

Thanks - maybe I'll give them a call and ask, I just want to make darn sure whoever puts on the scoop, does it right!

Sam

AKA:

Just got off the phone with the person from ford. They said the stripes are out of wrnty because I have 15000 mi and owned it for more then 1 yr. I'm a little bit mad now!!

Don't be mad - they are wrong! 3 years, 36K miles is the warranty! Find another dealer or tell them to call Shelby at 1-800-367-3788!

Sam

AKA:

Don't be mad - they are wrong! 3 years, 36K miles is the warranty! Find another dealer or tell them to call Shelby at 1-800-367-3788!

Sam

AKA:

That's the # that they called !! I called them also to to make sure what was said and they said the same thing to me ! I told them the warranty didn't say that and they said that's what it says in their book. I have a call into the sale's man at the dealer to see what he says. I'm not sure what to do now.

Archived