TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Availability

matler23

Hello all -

I will be purchasing a GT500 within the next couple months. When I do, I'm very interested in having it going under the knife to receive a super snake upgrade. I believe there are a limited number produced of each year, correct? Is there anywhere this information is available? I would love to get a 2006 because that is the year my daughter Shelby was born, but I don't want to lock myself out of the super snake option if there are no more slots available.

Thanks for any advice,

Mat Powell

Hello all -

I will be purchasing a GT500 within the next couple months. When I do, I'm very interested in having it going under the knife to receive a super snake upgrade. I believe there are a limited number produced of each year, correct? Is there anywhere this information is available? I would love to get a 2006 because that is the year my daughter Shelby was born, but I don't want to lock myself out of the super snake option if there are no more slots available.

Thanks for any advice,

Mat Powell

Your options are 2007,2008,2009 and soon to be 2010 for the GT500

ah you might want to do some research first. :redcard:

If you find a 2006 GT500 for sale, make sure you buy the ocean front property in AZ.

Super Snake package is only for 2007 & 2008 GT500

1000 each year.

Are you 100% sure 2009 wasn't added to SS program :lurk:

Are you 100% sure 2009 wasn't added to SS program :lurk:

I just booked my SS conversion here in Canada and I was told there are 1000 units total between 2007 and 2008. There will be 500 2009 conversions. There are supposedly about 300 slots left from the 2007/2008 model years. That's as of last week. The best thing to do is call Shelby Las Vegas and ask as they have all that at their fingertips. Even if they do 500/year every year, the car will be rare. Good luck with your purchase.

Don

If you find a 2006 GT500 for sale, make sure you buy the ocean front property in AZ.

1000 each year.

Oops...my bad.

Thanks to everyone for the information.

1000 each year.

:redcard::redcard::redcard:

Cardinal rule violation. NO bashing newbies until they have at least 10 posts. Your penalty is to smoke your tires at the first stop sign you come to.

• 3 weeks later...
The 2009 GT500 model year was very short due to the release of the 2010 GT500 model.

Steve

Are any of the 09 MY being built in 09, including the KR?

Edit: Interesting how Ford and others have called a car designed and built more then 6 months before the MY they are identified with, understand cars are designed years years in advance. I'm not complaining, just don't remember a auto manufacturer building all of MY in advance, that seems to have happened to the 09 model GT500. At least some of the 09 SS & KR will be built in 09, but that isn't really the same as born on date.

Are any of the 09 MY being built in 09, including the KR?

Edit: Interesting how Ford and others have called a car designed and built more then 6 months before the MY they are identified with, understand cars are designed years years in advance. I'm not complaining, just don't remember a auto manufacturer building all of MY in advance, that seems to have happened to the 09 model GT500. At least some of the 09 SS & KR will be built in 09, but that isn't really the same as born on date.

Thanks for the response.

Archived