TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The $ part of trading a gT500 for a sky

idareu

I think I might trade my GT500 for a red line Sky. With the Gm discount and the $4500 in rebates I could get the Sky for about $25k. My Gt500 is a 08 vert with 1300 miles. A month ago a Ford dealer said $46k on a trade for a 09 gT500. what do you think i could get? my company might disappear under this autobailout and my is turning 40 so I thought maybe I could get her a car thart would make her happy and also get alot of cash too.

Unfortunately methinks you may be disappointed with what a dealer will offer you on a trade-in in the present economy. There was a thread recently about this. I'm willing to guess you'll get trade-in offers in the high 30's - maybe less from a non-Ford dealer.

I'm not a car dealer so I hope I'm wrong & you get $45K for yours.

I agree and just received two offers in only the high 30's for mine for a possible KR for close to sticker in NJ. But mine is an 08 GT500 and not a vert but has 6300 miles on it, plus has a few SVT engineers signatures on it from a Carlisle PA event over the summer. Honestly, don't even bother wasting your time with waiting for a 40's offer, since it will probably never come in this economy. However, if for some reason you do get the 40's offer, I would bring an accountant friend with me to just recheck the paperwork before you leave with the sky if you end up with one. When I traded my 06 N/A Saleen for my 08 Shelby, my coworker overlooked the paperwork and they tried to get me twice on a few things, they had it removed and the deal went through. So, be forwarned! Still, good luck though.

A patient was in this am told me he was trying to trade his 07 500 in on a Dodge 1 ton;big discount on truck etc,offered him 27500 for his garage queen 3500 mile baby.He was beside himself.they said they could sell him the truck for sticker and show him more money on his trade.

He paid sticker plus 7500 adm

ouch!

Doc Scott

If you decide to trade in that is a respected choice and wish you good luck with it. If it is debatable hold on to it. This car with every plus and minus as a package is a piece of HISTORY, that will rarely happen again...yes they will run more and Shelby has plan for more. but Mr Shelby is an ICON, and the reunion after 40 years departure between Ford and Shelby is something unique that few ( despite the production numbers) are lucky to have. I guess that 5 years down the road whoever sold the car may have second thoughts and wish otherwise. I could be wrong.

I think I might trade my GT500 for a red line Sky. With the Gm discount and the $4500 in rebates I could get the Sky for about $25k. My Gt500 is a 08 vert with 1300 miles. A month ago a Ford dealer said $46k on a trade for a 09 gT500. what do you think i could get? my company might disappear under this autobailout and my is turning 40 so I thought maybe I could get her a car thart would make her happy and also get alot of cash too.

here you go, have your Sky and Shelby in one

http://www.dannywhitfield.com/intro.html

Here is my relative experience on dealer trades. I bought a new 02' Lightning for D plan. $28,000 even on a window sticker of $33k. No dealer in town would sell for less than sticker and had to travel out of town to get it from a dealer that would sell for plan price. 1 year later I thought about trading it in for a 03' Blk/Silver Harley supercrew. The ford dealer did not even want my truck with less than 14k miles. Said the best offer they got from a wholesaler was $23k. You will never make me understand why they did not want it as they did not have any Lightnings. Bottom line is no matter what the economy is or what you are driving, dealers will always offer less than book trade in period.

Good Luck with your situation.

You will most likely find if trading it in they will low ball you and not give you the good pricing on the sky.

A local dealer offered me 27k in trade on a new Super Duty and he was going to keep the 10k in ford discounts + employee pricing. so in other words in actual his best $$ was 16,xxx for my like new GT500 with 4k miles

I would say you would get 33k tops on trade actual $$ towards the sky. You would save the $$ tax on trade but thats about it.

A year from now the sky will be down another 10k and I highly doubt your shelby will be down another 10k. food for thought

Did you see the part about making the wife happy? :car:

I give my wife the only ride she needs and she pays for my Shelby in return. I think your relationship is backwards.

I wanted to sell my 40th edition a while back so that I could by my wife the car of her dreams: Aston Martin Vanquish!

I decided to tell her about it beforehand and she told me that she would rather have the Shelby :happy feet:

Please contact 1FST ASP to place your orders for having my wife cloned !!

Happy Holidays

I agree and just received two offers in only the high 30's for mine for a possible KR for close to sticker in NJ. But mine is an 08 GT500 and not a vert but has 6300 miles on it, plus has a few SVT engineers signatures on it from a Carlisle PA event over the summer. Honestly, don't even bother wasting your time with waiting for a 40's offer, since it will probably never come in this economy. However, if for some reason you do get the 40's offer, I would bring an accountant friend with me to just recheck the paperwork before you leave with the sky if you end up with one. When I traded my 06 N/A Saleen for my 08 Shelby, my coworker overlooked the paperwork and they tried to get me twice on a few things, they had it removed and the deal went through. So, be forwarned! Still, good luck though.

I think I met you before. Were you at the "Insula dome car show" in Yaphank/Medford this past year?

Wow, a Pontiac Diamondback......remember the "Monster" Miata's a few years back? A Mustang 5.0 stuffed into a Miata that didn't look that altered....a real sleeper.

But, to the initial topic.....don't trade! If you MUST give up the GT 500, look for a private buyer...you'll get much more than trade, then buy (if you must) a GM product! Hey, at the rate they're going, GM cars may become more rare than Shelby's!!!!!!

Archived