TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Decision

Well I went to SHM today and looked at a couple of nearly complete SS's and heard one run and looked at the systems. I'm going to get my vert done. I'll send the deposit tomorrow. Sean said he'll pick up my car in late January and likely have it done in late Feb or early March. I guess after the warranty is up if I want to increase the hp that can be done as well. That is a pulley change and a tune. I'll leave it for now and decide later if I want to up the boost. I think I'll wait to see if the clutch problem arrives. If it does Ford will still warranty it. If it doesn't then I guess I up the boost a bit. I'm not all that concerned about the hp anyways. The cops are so thick where I live going fast really isn't an option. They impound your car for a week if your caught going 50kmph (35mph) over the limit. I loved the sound of the exhaust. It was quiet yet sounded throaty. Anyways, my wallet will be lighter but my smile will be bigger. Now I can't wait for spring. I guess I change my name to SuperSnakeRookie now!!! :yahoo:

Don

Well I went to SHM today and looked at a couple of nearly complete SS's and heard one run and looked at the systems. I'm going to get my vert done. I'll send the deposit tomorrow. Sean said he'll pick up my car in late January and likely have it done in late Feb or early March. I guess after the warranty is up if I want to increase the hp that can be done as well. That is a pulley change and a tune. I'll leave it for now and decide later if I want to up the boost. I think I'll wait to see if the clutch problem arrives. If it does Ford will still warranty it. If it doesn't then I guess I up the boost a bit. I'm not all that concerned about the hp anyways. The cops are so thick where I live going fast really isn't an option. They impound your car for a week if your caught going 50kmph (35mph) over the limit. I loved the sound of the exhaust. It was quiet yet sounded throaty. Anyways, my wallet will be lighter but my smile will be bigger. Now I can't wait for spring. I guess I change my name to SuperSnakeRookie now!!! :yahoo:

Don

Were they local cars that were being done ? Just there 3 weeks ago & he had nothing going on. Did you look at the 1,000 h.p Cobra in the showroom?

Don if you don`t mind me asking, where are you located?

One car was from BC and I think one from NS and one in the wings not started yet was from On. Yes I looked at the 1000hp Cobra. 1000hp seems a bit over the top. He says the aerodynamics of the car wouldn't even allow you let the car wind out. He says they start to fly at about 130mph. He would know as he's raced most of the cars he builds. He does some very nice work. They put forged internals and S/C my Cobra a couple of years ago and they did a good job. I will pm you my location.

Don

Congrats Don. :happy feet: You won't be disappointed, these SS's are a blast to drive.

Thanks MT500SS. I'm looking forward to driving it. I like the idea of it being a registered Shelby vehicle. Even if they keep doing 500 a year, the car will still be very rare. Are yours the 605 or the 725 versions?

Don

Thanks MT500SS. I'm looking forward to driving it. I like the idea of it being a registered Shelby vehicle. Even if they keep doing 500 a year, the car will still be very rare. Are yours the 605 or the 725 versions?

Don

The red SS is 725 HP and the white 40th has no power upgrades but I did upgrade to the short throw shifter.

Archived