TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAI air filter on a Shelby GT

Hello everyone, I have SGT3244 and had a question about the air filter. Is the filter that comes on it disposable or is it rechargable like a K&N? I am very curious. My filter does not have oil on it. It is dry and white in color. This is exactly how I received it upon purchase. I want to get oil on it ASAP if it need be. Thanks in advance for you help.

I specifically called the Ford Racing Tech Line and asked this question about a month ago. The FRPP rep told me to clean the filter with water and a mild cleaner (he suggested Fantastik), but I would imagine any mild cleaner would work. He said to let the filter air dry and NOT to oil the filter. He was adamant about not oiling the filter.

Now I find that interesting, the filters come from shelby with oil on them, Steeda has cleaning kit with correct Blue oil, I have been using K&N filters in all my cars and have never had problem, just follow instructions and DO NOT over oil, > I just cleaned my filter on my SGT and it looks blue and new again, you have to wonder if the people at Ford really know what is on these cars Bruce

I specifically called the Ford Racing Tech Line and asked this question about a month ago. The FRPP rep told me to clean the filter with water and a mild cleaner (he suggested Fantastik), but I would imagine any mild cleaner would work. He said to let the filter air dry and NOT to oil the filter. He was adamant about not oiling the filter.

At least the Ford Racing guys are consistent. I called them a year ago and they had no idea if the filters were oiled or not and suggested to wash it out in mild soap and water and let it dry for a day.

That was part of the reasoning I went to the AMSOIL dry filters.

Archived