TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rented a V6 Mustang this past weekend

emailcm

Statement:

Paid a little extra and rented a Mustang his past weekend in Phoenix. It was a base V6 model. I keep reading and hearing about the gas mileage savings of the V6. Yet, I averaged 16.8 MPG. How can this be? I reset the meter when I got the car (so it was all me). Now I know you are going to say I have a lead foot. Not true, I really took it easy because I wanted to see just how good of a MPG I could attain. But 16.8? Yikes.

I then reset it for a half our drive on HWY 101. I got 25.6 MPG. The 16.8 was surface streets. Average the two and it's still very low.

Question:

I was surprised and happy to see that the power windows did AUTO both down and up. My 2007 GT500 only does AUTO down. Is there a switch we can get that will let us do both? It's a great luxury to have AUTO up.

Question:

I was surprised and happy to see that the power windows did AUTO both down and up. My 2007 GT500 only does AUTO down. Is there a switch we can get that will let us do both? It's a great luxury to have AUTO up.

You've got a problem with your windows!

Statement:

Paid a little extra and rented a Mustang his past weekend in Phoenix. It was a base V6 model. I keep reading and hearing about the gas mileage savings of the V6. Yet, I averaged 16.8 MPG. How can this be? I reset the meter when I got the car (so it was all me). Now I know you are going to say I have a lead foot. Not true, I really took it easy because I wanted to see just how good of a MPG I could attain. But 16.8? Yikes.

I then reset it for a half our drive on HWY 101. I got 25.6 MPG. The 16.8 was surface streets. Average the two and it's still very low.

Hope you enjoyed your stay in PHX. I get over 23 MPG on the freeway with my GT500 and I average 15.7 MPG around town; that's with the FR CAI and tune. Something doesn't sound right with the V6.

You must've got a dud. Few weeks ago I had a V6 in Vegas for the week and I drove all week including a 2 hour drive to Calico at 100mph most of the way and the car took 28.00 to fill when I returned it. Not sure if it makes a difference but I had an 09.

Hope you enjoyed your stay in PHX. I get over 23 MPG on the freeway with my GT500 and I average 15.7 MPG around town; that's with the FR CAI and tune. Something doesn't sound right with the V6.

With my GT500 I still get an all around town average of 18.6 MPG with the FRPP CAI and procal tune. The new evolution tune should arrive Thursday so I fully expect mileage to drop once that tune is loaded. :cry:

That's one of the things I really wish they never "invented". Can't stand when I try to open the window a lil' and the damn thing goes all the way down.

Doesn't that only happen if you pull the switch up too hard?

FYI my '04 V6 auto gets 20MPG average, I drive both freeway and city driving. My '05 GT 5-speed got about 19.6 average, same trips (back and forth to work). I have reset the MPG meter on the '05 many times during city and freeway driving. City driving was MUCH lower.

With my GT500 I still get an all around town average of 18.6 MPG with the FRPP CAI and procal tune. The new evolution tune should arrive Thursday so I fully expect mileage to drop once that tune is loaded. :cry:

Congrats David! I bet your mileage will not go down but your power will go up! Is it coming with a pulley by any chance?? :spend:

No pulley, just the EVO tune for the FRPP CAI. I've been curious for a long time how much additional HP is felt with their tune over the pro-cal tune.

Make sure to let us know! I went from the pro-cal tune to the Evo tune with the 2.6 pulley so I couldn't make a fair comparison. Of course then I went to the TVS. I need help. :spend:

Archived