TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changing your Air Cabin Filter

Grabber

Per Fords Manual at 30,000 miles you should Install a new cabin air filter

Cabin Air Filter Replacement (Discription & Operation)

Cabin_Filter_change_1.pdf

The cabin air filter is located under the RH cowl vent screen. To install a new cabin air filter, remove the RH cowl vent screen and it will pull right out.

Cabin_Filter_removal__see__5__2.pdf

Here's a linky to buy the Filter for $5.01

http://www.logical-source.com/2007-FORD-MUSTANG-7567.html

Here's another set of instructions with more pic's that I found on the net.

http://info.rockauto.com/ATP/Detail.html?FA9.gif

Cabin_Filter_removal__see__5__2.pdf

Cabin_Filter_change_1.pdf

I just ordered 2 filters. The price for shipping 2 filters is the same for ordering 1.

Item# Description QTYUnit of Measure Unit Price Ext. Price FOMUFCAU2007 FORD MUSTANG Cabin Air Filter (for heater, AC & ventilation system)(particulate, 1-piece, under the hood, install < 5 min)2EA$5.01$10.02Sub-Total:$10.02Shipping:$6.06Insurance:$0.00 Sales Tax:$0.00 Thank you!Total:$16.08

Rob, during your reading did you come across any time periods for doing these things if we will not hit the mileage guidelines?

Thanks

I looked this up in the maint. schedule and it talks about "normal" use.

If you run the air conditioning alot and do alot of driving in a dusty or smoggy area it would be wise to change the filter much earlier. It sounds like it is very easy to check it too, but the thing is so cheap that it might be worth ones time to just replace it when he pulls it out to look at it. That's why I ordered a couple.

You stole the idea of this thread from me! :rant:

:hysterical:

Watch talkin bout Willis?

I found the info when I was researching the fuel filter change out proccedures. Both the fuel filter and cabin filter are called out to be changed at 30K miles.

Since you poop and fart alot...you better change the cabin filter alot sooner. :hysterical:

• 6 months later...

Just bought two filters from the same place you did. Hopefully, they are here by the weekend and I'll tell you what I find. I figure the rental car could use a new filter. I am sure there is plenty it has been through I really don't want to know about!!! :eek5:

Has anyone pulled their filter to see if it's dirty?

I have not done it yet.....but I have the replacements. :hysterical:

I pulled and checked mine out last week when I was rerouting the wiper squirter nozzles to the wiper blades.

It still looked new so I put it back in.

Has anyone pulled their filter to see if it's dirty?

I have not done it yet.....but I have the replacements. :hysterical:

I replaced mine at about 15,000 miles and it was totally filthy!

Of course, I live in a dusty climate out here in West Texas, AND

I drive my car a good bit, so I guess I'll be changing my filter

out a little more often than it calls for...Very easy to do though...

• 1 month later...
Could we have a video on how to install the filters?

Follow the instructions in Grabber's post at the front; its real easy to do, just watch out when disconnecting the last tab at the farthest point towards the passenger door, it's easy to snap off.

Other than that, it took about 5 minutes.

Thanks Grabber

• 1 month later...
Just changed mine. Took 10 minutes max. No need to remove wipers, just turn off power when they are straight up. Mine was very dirty and had little animals in the pleats after 16K miles. Thanks Rob :)

I'm glad it was easy. :happy feet:

I have not changed mine. I have the filter (2 of them) but I only have 6100 miles...so no need to change it yet.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Grabber! I just ordered 2 filters. The Ford dealer here wants $80.00 to install one, thank God they were out of stock!

Heads up for anyone ordering a filter, the expedited shipping is cheaper than standard.

Glad I could help.

• 11 months later...

Archived