TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snub'ed my Shelby owners forum...

MYGT500

Ruf,

First things first...my point to Amy regarding the "threat" was that I had to go through an entire thread to even find anything. It was silly. It wasn't malicious. And, for Christ's sake, it was from a guy that posts pictures of men in weenie benders! Get it? In other words "Amy, don't take things so personally or seriously!"

bj

for the record, Inever read that, that was the thought and info in the rants that came to me early this morning on the phone..... thats what happens with forums... Again, since the last 2 pages were about Miata's, I think this thread has run it's course. I will continue to check in and answer wha I can

Amy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yup:

Grabber orange, white strpies, shelby razor wheels ...... :) I think its cool and everyone wants black...As you can tell, I sometimes beat to a different drum.....lol

Thanks again, I am glad this is all cleared up.

Amy

Go is an excellent choice. Thats the color i ordered. Can't wait till it gets here. Thanks for haning around here. It's nice to hear from you. :yup:

for the record, Inever read that, that was the thought and info in the rants that came to me early this morning on the phone..... thats what happens with forums... Again, since the last 2 pages were about Miata's, I think this thread has run it's course. I will continue to check in and answer wha I can

Amy

Amy,

Now they won't let me into the Miata Forum! Can you help?! :hysterical:

bj

Talk to Ruf. I bet he can help. :hysterical2:

They will need information on the Weenie Benders first to see if qualifies. Now are those genuine Mazda Weenie Benders and if so, are they also Miata Weenie Benders. Also what size are those Weenie Benders and the date of manfacturer. :hysterical:

Holy Crap!

I make one little mention of a Miata - and this morphs into a Miata thread!

You guys are without mercy! :hysterical:

Vnmous - we're cool. That comment would have been taken differently if you had said it out loud.

I was at a car show about a month ago and some guy had a Miata with a S/C on it. He said about 250 at the wheels. Said he suprised a lot of Mustangs.

I must admit I liked the car (here we go). The build quality is first rate (check KBB to verify this). And - it handled well. It just needed another engine up front.

I must now go and throw some N.C. ribs on the grille!

Ruf - out.

PS - Amy - If I laid down 45 large for a Mustang with SHELBY on the trunk lid, I'd use extreme prejudice to make sure it was in the Registry.

Edit: Dave, John, Carnut - bite me. :rant:

I was told the 'shelby razor wheels' don't clear the front brakes...is your shop going to grind them down for you! :hysterical::hysterical:

Not sure is this a slap of some kind, or a bad joke i don't get? either way, I will let the comment go

Amy

Not sure is this a slap of some kind, or a bad joke i don't get? either way, I will let the comment go

Amy

...around here, always assume the humor is bad, but usually quite entertaining :hysterical::hysterical:

in all seriousness, I know that everyone truly appreciates your candor, and certainly your efforts to communicate.

John

Grabber orange, white strpies, shelby razor wheels ...... :) I think its cool and everyone wants black...As you can tell, I sometimes beat to a different drum.....lol

Amy

The Razor Wheels will set the G O off . Great choice.

scgt500 is a stangsunleashed member who should be a stangslocked-up member, but he got out again :hysterical::hysterical: .... Don't mind him, we enjoy your input amy, & we'll try to get him back in his cage.

You know, the hard part is that I don't have the luxury to say "it like it is" I am known for that, but online, I have to be careful. I find it weak and cowardly to take a swip when you know someone can't swipe back. I just don't do business that way, but that said... I appreciate the support.. ;)

Amy

Amy

Amy,

Can you identify which part number to give to my local rep for the RAZOR RIMS, They keep trying to sell me the 9" and I want ones that will Fit on the Shelby and clear the brakes...They keep telling me its the right part number but I'd like to get it from you given you seem to have already picked the RIMS. I believe the 9.5" is what is required but will wait for your guidance on exactly which sized rim will fit my Shelby GT 500. Note I am not looking for the chrome but the brushed finnish.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Barry

Amy,

Can you identify which part number to give to my local rep for the RAZOR RIMS, They keep trying to sell me the 9" and I want ones that will Fit on the Shelby and clear the brakes...They keep telling me its the right part number but I'd like to get it from you given you seem to have already picked the RIMS. I believe the 9.5" is what is required but will wait for your guidance on exactly which sized rim will fit my Shelby GT 500. Note I am not looking for the chrome but the brushed finnish.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Barry

Hi Barry, I believe the 255 /30/20 are for the front and they fit, as theyare on the car for SEMA. I have in the back 285/30/20. These will work as I said we have them on our car for the Ford booth at sema, and they look amazing. The American racing part number is 198s2966 and our part number is 10042, we sell them direct, so you could call us, ask for sales at 702-942-7325 and they will make sure of the sizing if you still feel like checking.......

Amy

Hi Barry, I believe the 255 /30/20 are for the front and they fit, as theyare on the car for SEMA. I have in the back 285/30/20. These will work as I said we have them on our car for the Ford booth at sema, and they look amazing. The American racing part number is 198s2966 and our part number is 10042, we sell them direct, so you could call us, ask for sales at 702-942-7325 and they will make sure of the sizing if you still feel like checking.......

Amy

I was going to stay out of this thread and hope it died but to have this level of person from any organization responding in public and now helping with orders is simply amazing to me. Perhaps I've spent too much time in the Fortune 500 companies but I wanted to take a second and suggest everyone think about the fact that Amy is taking the time not only to talk and address issues directly with us but to help with questions on orders like this (not just ignore the question or respond with "call our main number" or something to that effect) to me speaks volumes.

I'm very impressed and just wanted to let you know that it is not unnoticed what you are doing. No reply needed but you deserve a large thank you from all of us and your organization for representing them so well.

I was going to stay out of this thread and hope it died but to have this level of person from any organization responding in public and now helping with orders is simply amazing to me. Perhaps I've spent too much time in the Fortune 500 companies but I wanted to take a second and suggest everyone think about the fact that Amy is taking the time not only to talk and address issues directly with us but to help with questions on orders like this (not just ignore the question or respond with "call our main number" or something to that effect) to me speaks volumes.

I'm very impressed and just wanted to let you know that it is not unnoticed what you are doing. No reply needed but you deserve a large thank you from all of us and your organization for representing them so well.

+2 :rockon:

I agree! Amy is a true asset to this site, as is the wealth of knowledge she possesses. It's amazing that in a day of automated responses and "canned answers" we have a real individual here who is more than willing to help in any way she can. Kudos to Amy! :cheerleader:

Amy

Thanks for your help Amy! Let them know I will be calling in, and have some additional questions.

Can you let me know which tire MFG that your putting on the Rims my local performance tire supplier, indicated a 20" f1 Super car tire does not exist they make a 20" tire that would fit the Magnum yes, (Shelby no) Just curious?

Thanks,

Barry

Thanks for your help Amy! Let them know I will be calling in, and have some additional questions.

Can you let me know which tire MFG that your putting on the Rims my local performance tire supplier, indicated a 20" f1 Super car tire does not exist they make a 20" tire that would fit the Magnum yes, (Shelby no) Just curious?

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry they are michelin P2's....

Amy

Just when the dust was starting to settle on this thread comes the announcement from Ford and SA that we are now the proud owners of "Ford" GT500's and that the "Genuine" 40th Anniversary Shelby GT500's will be forthcoming from Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas. Perhaps this is why we were "snubbed" earlier!!! :angry2:

I'm betting you won't get any static joining if you own one of those! Have we all been :violin: as fools?

Did you HEAR that sound???

That was the sound of the Oh mighty ADM falling off our cars & onto the 40th Anniversary car! Sounded like 100k worth! :hysterical:

Archived