TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you work for $1/year?

thewheelman

I'm afraid the current situation with the automakers may spell another "dark ages" for performance cars like we had in the 80's. Surprisingly, Ford appears to be in the best shape of the big 3, but I'm afraid the emphasis will be on frugal, economical, practical cars and performance will die away again. I lived and drove through the 80's (as many of you did), it wasn't pretty! (and neither were most of the cars) Is this current performance revival about to come to an end?

I don't know if it will be a complete dark ages. I can see it being the dark ages for the big three, but I can see a performance war for small startup electric car companies. I don't know why the big three are having such a hard time with, but we are starting to see these small companies like Tesla and Fisker coming out with high performance electric cars that run on no gas.

high performance electric cars that run on no gas.

I guess so, but I can't see me pulling up to a red light, squinting over at the driver next to me, blipping the pedal and hearing an exciting, "Sczzzz, Sczzzz" lol

I hate it for NASCAR and all the racing circuits. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" for many of these companys, especially in F1 and GTP-type stuff has become "Develop on the racetrack, sell for the street" and I'm afraid we'll see a downturn in the development of safety and performance systems in favor of economy.....blah!

And if they quit building SUV's, big trucks and vans, what am I going to pull my boat, RV, 4 wheeler, pwc, race car with?????? lol

Just what I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My electric car can outrun your electric car.

Damn the environmentalist and congress. They are so concerned about saving the planet (if you believe that - it is all about money and contributions) in the US when China is opening a Coal plant of one a day on average.

I'm not saying that we don't need to manage our resources better, but come on, remember a few years ago when the ozone layer was being depleted with freon and we all rushed to change it to save our planet.

A lot of money was spent costing everyone and now it is a mute issue. On to something else.

We should all vote those idiots in congress out of office and start with a new crew.

THAT GOES FOR ALL THE REPORTERS ALSO THAT FEED THE AMERICAN PUBLIC HALF TRUTHS about what is going on just to get ratings.

Folks, be cautious about what you hear in the news. Look at all their reports and it is laden with mis-truths and fear to the american public. You can tell this by listening to their reports especially if it concerns the business or industry you are in. You know they do not have all the facts straight. The info just comes from their daily "talk sheet" that was provided by the Network boses.

Well, pulling out may be too harsh a term. They certainly will be contributing less to the teams than before. NASCAR is their own worst enemy (an entirely different topic) and have snubbed the mfg. for some time now....how 'bout that "universal" template that all cars must fit......yeah, we can tell the difference with the decals......so I think this may be an opportunity for the mfgs to say, hey, see how you can do on your own for a while.....but Toyota will be there, geez, how much $$ did they spend to build a LOW TECH V8 just to go NASCAR racing?

Well I for one am here to tell you that our illustrious President “elect” isn’t going to fix the floundering US economy with his FANTASTIC economic recovery plan of

1) Modernizing the schools! :headscratch: (that’s the problem <_< not lack of professionalism from teachers or proper disciplined students) :rolleyes:

2) Fix all the bridges and repair all the roads! :wacko: (ya, all the bridges are falling down at a incredible rate, and blowing more federal & state $$ on worthless unneeded road construction is the recipe for recovery :spend: ! ) :banghead: :do what:

Oh, and the classic :hysterical: “ any student that does social volunteer work will go to college for FREE, (who the hell is going to pay for that friggin program, him)?? :finger:

And his ace in the hole :reading:…….reduce troop strength in Iraq, :fool: (hell man, that’s not even a drop in the bucket considering the shape we are in now, get real)

:rant2: Sorry if this is way off topic and I have hijacked this thread, but I would like to see what the feds have in mind other than printing $$ for bailouts and really not coming up with any solutions. :rant:

Well I for one am here to tell you that our illustrious President “elect” isn’t going to fix the floundering US economy with his FANTASTIC economic recovery plan of

2) Fix all the bridges and repair all the roads! :wacko: (ya, all the bridges are falling down at a incredible rate, and blowing more federal & state $$ on worthless unneeded road construction is the recipe for recovery :spend: ! ) :banghead: :do what:

Well, as a road contractor in Texas, and being weeks away from laying off 50% of our workforce, like many who already have in this state, I cant say I agree with you at all....

In fact, now I dont have to lay off 40 employees that have worked for me 20+ years. Thats a pretty great X-mas present.

We had people die here from a bridge collapse not too long ago, and beleive it or not, there are many bridges that do need some repair...and unneeded road construction?! Dude, where do you live? I live 6 miles from work and it can take me an hour to get home, but feel free to take your chances on 40-50 year old roads and bridges that were mostly built in the 50s from the last stimulus package. We can change your username to Hissstatistic.

But Im not going to get into a political hijacking of this thread, nuff said.

Economy will take the cyclic changes other nations had taken in History.

We look hard in history we can see where are we going....most of us (and i said most...) lived beyond means. debt accumulated and a debt does not pay a debt. If we need to change this economy around we have to accept a lot of changes in life style and to accept the reality that it will not be easy to back off our usual life style, if we do not change our way of thinking first and living next.... history is there an open book for any one who wish to read.

:stirpot:

Dubbs: please note that I stated unnecessary road construction. PM sent regarding this topic.

Sharabi: the huge financial collapse really isn't the result of Dick & Jane living past their means, Sub Prime, predatory lending practices, malicious CEO’s, that’s the smoking gun….IMHO.

:beatdeadhorse:

:backtotopic: Hell ya I would work for a $1 a day, if I had already gotten my $98 million from Fanny May payout... :party: although I would spend a huge chunk of it on Blue Oval items... :play: oh man the cool $h!t I would build... :peelout:

Hissstatistic lol

Archived