TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 ADM's?

ilmor

So, with all that's been going on with the economy and in particular the US automotive business, do you think that Ford dealers will charge ADM's on the 2010 GT500's? :headscratch:

There will be one if the CUSTOMER pays it. If they dont then the price will be whatever the CUSTOMER will pay

MM

I usually agree with you and your posts, but this one got to me. You make it seem like it's up to the customer, I disagree. On the contrary, Dealers have the first decision on whether or not they choose to demand an ADM.....

I usually agree with you and your posts, but this one got to me. You make it seem like it's up to the customer, I disagree. On the contrary, Dealers have the first decision on whether or not they choose to demand an ADM.....

I agree!

The dealers do SET the price, but we CANT make anyone buy the car! I know this has been beat to death and theres a 100 page thread on ADMs.

I guess all Im really saying is if the customer REFUSES to pay an ADM, then NO cars will sell!

A dealer can ask ANYTHING he wants, but its up to the CONSUMER to buy or not. Im not on either side of the ADM debate. I will help anyone who wants to get a car get one. If the price is to high then they shouldnt buy it.

Oh, last thing! Congrats UF for going to the Championship game. I was worried that the stupid BCS was going to let TX and OU play and leave UF out in the cold, but they got it right this time. Now you have to agree with me!!! :happy feet: :hysterical:

MM

I can't belief we are talking about this AGAIN! :banghead:

But, ADM's are only possible if manufacturer, dealers AND buyers play the game........if one of teh three doesn't play teh game, then ADM's are NOT possible!

In my opinion, the economy will get much worse during 2009 and will start improving perhaps during 1st half of 2010......so, until then it will be a buyer's market. :happy feet:

ADM's are still here in Ca. There is a dealer here that has a 20 T. mark up on a 09 500 right now and it has been on the lot for quite some time.

With the amount of inventory on car lots and the lack of qualified buyers I cant believe that they have marked up cars like they have. They have a beautiful KR on the lot and they have it for 144 Thousand. I know it is a rare car but really do they think that people are in the market for such a high priced car.

I dont think that they will even get sticker for it in this economic climate.

ADM's are still here in Ca. There is a dealer here that has a 20 T. mark up on a 09 500 right now and it has been on the lot for quite some time.

With the amount of inventory on car lots and the lack of qualified buyers I cant believe that they have marked up cars like they have. They have a beautiful KR on the lot and they have it for 144 Thousand. I know it is a rare car but really do they think that people are in the market for such a high priced car.

Wow they need to get into the real world.

I agree!

The dealers do SET the price, but we CANT make anyone buy the car! I know this has been beat to death and theres a 100 page thread on ADMs.

I guess all Im really saying is if the customer REFUSES to pay an ADM, then NO cars will sell!

A dealer can ask ANYTHING he wants, but its up to the CONSUMER to buy or not. Im not on either side of the ADM debate. I will help anyone who wants to get a car get one. If the price is to high then they shouldnt buy it.

Oh, last thing! Congrats UF for going to the Championship game. I was worried that the stupid BCS was going to let TX and OU play and leave UF out in the cold, but they got it right this time. Now you have to agree with me!!! :happy feet: :hysterical:

MM

Yup, I absolutely agree on all points

Thats what Im talking about when it comes to ADMs. NOTHING stopping me from asking 50K over MSRP for anything on my lot! Dont mean someone HAS to buy it.

I think Ford is Sch 2010 GT and V6s this week!!

MM

Where is this dealership located; BEVERLY HILLS?

There are two 09 GT500 for $3,000 below MSRP in my area. If I wasn't saving up for a glassroof Terlinguia I might consider a GT500 for that price.

Do what?

Ford is sch 2010 this week?

What does that mean or was it a typo?

Ford is scheduled to start building 2010 this week? :headscratch:

I think you got that pony tail pulled too tight and its cutting off the blood supply to your fingers! :hysterical:

Do what?

Ford is sch 2010 this week?

What does that mean or was it a typo?

Ford is scheduled to start building 2010 this week? :headscratch:

I think you got that pony tail pulled too tight and its cutting off the blood supply to your fingers! :hysterical:

Doesnt mean they are going to build them this week. Just getting ready to build them. They sch. about a month ahead of when they start

MM

Look guys, how often do we need to discuss ADM's? They are going to be ADM whenever word gets out that someone is willing to pay one. Here we are in 2009 almost and there are GT500's sitting on lots with ADM's on them in some states, while other states are selling below MSRP. I just seen two KR's with 70K ADM's and when I laughed at the sticker, the sales guy told me he just sold one are darn close with the ADM. So, that all said, NO ADM is worth paying, however if someone has cash burning in their pockets and WANTS the car NOW... he will pay it! If I had to predict, I would say no ADM for the 2010 as the car is just not that different than the 07-09 cars... you would have to be a fool to pay an ADM on a base GT500 after all the BS Ford and Shelby put us through already. None of these will be worth anything to collectors, so buyer beware... buy it to drive it!

So, with all that's been going on with the economy and in particular the US automotive business, do you think that Ford dealers will charge ADM's on the 2010 GT500's? :headscratch:

ADM's :hysterical:

Let's hope once the big 3 or 2 gets the bail out money that BIG BROTHER says no more Muscle Cars :shrug:

Doesnt mean they are going to build them this week. Just getting ready to build them. They sch. about a month ahead of when they start

MM

I would think they would hold off as they will probably have a few extra weeks off during the hoildays.omo

No more ADM's on the GT 500, it's a great car but old news. Those who were motavated to be the first on the block to have one and those who sincerely thought the ADM's were going to stay for the entire run already got there car.

Bring back the Boss and it's on again. ( that is a true Boss simularity not some half assed or heavy version)

ADM's were part of the whole "Limited Production" mantra that dealers pushed on 07's and '08's. Fool me once shame on you...etc. It is obvious that the GT500 is limited only by how many model years Ford remains in business. Unless you've been living in a cave, you no doubt know that there will be another GT500 next year and the year after that ad infinitum until they can't sell anymore, then it will be a Boss or a GT350. Me thinks the bloom is off the rose. Licensed Eleanor's, continuation Gt500s and Gt350's, Hertz cars, Shelby GT's, Gt500's, 40th's, Super Snakes, KR's -and who could forget the limited edition Shelby's put out by that So Cal custom shop?- the whole Shelby brand has been deluted to the point where I half expect to see "Shelby-O's" in the cereal aisle.

ADM's were part of the whole "Limited Production" mantra that dealers pushed on 07's and '08's. Fool me once shame on you...etc. It is obvious that the GT500 is limited only by how many model years Ford remains in business. Unless you've been living in a cave, you no doubt know that there will be another GT500 next year and the year after that ad infinitum until they can't sell anymore, then it will be a Boss or a GT350. Me thinks the bloom is off the rose. Licensed Eleanor's, continuation Gt500s and Gt350's, Hertz cars, Shelby GT's, Gt500's, 40th's, Super Snakes, KR's -and who could forget the limited edition Shelby's put out by that So Cal custom shop?- the whole Shelby brand has been deluted to the point where I half expect to see "Shelby-O's" in the cereal aisle.

good one :hysterical:

Archived