TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FoMoCo Disappoints at New England Auto Show

rheller

Wife and I attended the New England International Auto Show in Boston yesterday. Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus, and Bentley were well represented. Dodge had every model Challenger out on the floor. We were really surprised by the soft/sponge like clutch on the Challenger. The new Camaro is not quite as bulky as the Challenger, but seemed similar in appearance.

Ford's display of the new 2010 Mustang was a bit lame. They showcased only the base model on a revolving platform, making it unapproachable. The front end ramarkably resembles the 2007 GT500 - a tribute to exclusivity?

A "chop shop" had a new Shelby GT 350 on display sporting a 4.0 liter engine.

Wife and I attended the New England International Auto Show in Boston yesterday. Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus, and Bentley were well represented. Dodge had every model Challenger out on the floor. We were really surprised by the soft/sponge like clutch on the Challenger. The new Camaro is not quite as bulky as the Challenger, but seemed similar in appearance.

Ford's display of the new 2010 Mustang was a bit lame. They showcased only the base model on a revolving platform, making it unapproachable. The front end ramarkably resembles the 2007 GT500 - a tribute to exclusivity?

A "chop shop" had a new Shelby GT 350 on display sporting a 4.0 liter engine.

Pics?? :camera:

no viper or ACR at the Dodge booth either :(

The challengers were a huge and I mean huge hit

The clutch and shifter on the SRT 8 were Nice but the Ebrake is right where the dead pedal should be, very dangersous IMO

I like the locking polished gas filler cap on the challengers and the syling. the car is very clean and well built, under the hood is alot neater and just shit is not as exposed as on the Mustang.

The production challenger does a nice job at resemblingthe concept but it is not as raw as the GT500 and is def more of a cruiser than a sports coupe.

I was blown away and was in love with the new G8 and GXP with the new 400+ motors! They looked great, awsome interiors, great quality, seats, performance and price!

My heart was with the ZR1 and CTS-V

I would sell my GT500 in a second for either!

Oh and the new 2010 Mustang looked ok to me, just that huge plastic rear bumper has to go, not maybe, has to or else it literally ruins the look of the car.

My gf and her friend hated it, thought it does not look American anymore, I agree but hey unfortunately that is what the dam public and journalists want.

My thoughts are, keep the outside American and not the interior because Americans do not make good interiors, except for Cadi

no viper or ACR at the Dodge booth either :(

The challengers were a huge and I mean huge hit

The clutch and shifter on the SRT 8 were Nice but the Ebrake is right where the dead pedal should be, very dangersous IMO

I like the locking polished gas filler cap on the challengers and the syling. the car is very clean and well built, under the hood is alot neater and just shit is not as exposed as on the Mustang.

The production challenger does a nice job at resemblingthe concept but it is not as raw as the GT500 and is def more of a cruiser than a sports coupe.

I was blown away and was in love with the new G8 and GXP with the new 400+ motors! They looked great, awsome interiors, great quality, seats, performance and price!

My heart was with the ZR1 and CTS-V

I would sell my GT500 in a second for either!

Oh and the new 2010 Mustang looked ok to me, just that huge plastic rear bumper has to go, not maybe, has to or else it literally ruins the look of the car.

My gf and her friend hated it, thought it does not look American anymore, I agree but hey unfortunately that is what the dam public and journalists want.

My thoughts are, keep the outside American and not the interior because Americans do not make good interiors, except for Cadi

Chuck,

Thx for the description. A while back I rented a G8 with its 360+ hp motor. A lot of fun for a rental.

For me the 2010 Mustang is......while let me say I am very pleased I have a 2008 GT500! Now if it will just stop snowing I Colorado!!!!

Jay

A point about that emergency brake on the Challenger. I sat in a SRT8 and could not believe the emergency brake was still under the dash over to the side. On the Challengers with the 6 speed, the computer holds the brake for 3 seconds after you remove your foot from the brake or until the computer senses engine torque which means you have gotten your foot on the gas and accelerated. Keeps the car from rolling backwards on an incline before you can gas it. Cool feature for a car with a standard shift trans. Could be that other cars have it for all I know but thats the first I have heard of that feature. I told the Dodge sales person about it and they had not idea the car they were selling had that feature.

Chuck,

Thx for the description. A while back I rented a G8 with its 360+ hp motor. A lot of fun for a rental.

For me the 2010 Mustang is......while let me say I am very pleased I have a 2008 GT500! Now if it will just stop snowing I Colorado!!!!

Jay

+ One Million Jay!!! I am extemely happy with my 08 GT500 style as well. I'm not sure what they were thinking, but remember things can change before actual production starts. Remember the 05 GT concept/prototype, obviously a dramatic change with the hood as I recall and other styling cues.

Archived