TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Little Sienna Marion, NC

skunk

I spotted a white sgt here in marion today with silver fender stripes. who's gonna claim it???

:headscratch:

John

Bingo! That was me John. One of the motorcycle clubs I belong to meets every year at Little Sienna for our Christmas party. I usually ride even though it's about 100 miles each way and weather can be dicey in December. However I couldn't pass up a good drive today. Coming up Hwy 18, old 18 and Enola Rd. was a real kick. The Shelby GT loves the curves. Great day for a drive :peelout:

Jim

your car is beautiful in person. i had to stop and take a picture on my cell for my collection. i live about 3 miles from little sienna on lake tahoma and have the little veterinary hospital right down the road on 70. next time you are in town, please stop by and see me!

While I don't live in the area, my wife and I travel up there three or four times a year. There is one spot I can't wait to take the SGT and that is Rt 181 from Morganton (starts as 18 in town) up to Pineola/Linville. We've driven it in several cars and can't wait to see how the Shelby handles it!!

While I don't live in the area, my wife and I travel up there three or four times a year. There is one spot I can't wait to take the SGT and that is Rt 181 from Morganton (starts as 18 in town) up to Pineola/Linville. We've driven it in several cars and can't wait to see how the Shelby handles it!!

some of the curves and hills on 181 are definitely heart racing!!!

your car is beautiful in person. i had to stop and take a picture on my cell for my collection. i live about 3 miles from little sienna on lake tahoma and have the little veterinary hospital right down the road on 70. next time you are in town, please stop by and see me!

Thanks for the compliment Skunk. Your lucky to live near such great roads. That's the kind of driving the SGT's made for. Look forward to meeting you.

Jim

Yes you're right about 181, great road! Uphill is awsome with the passing lanes but there's one right hander downhill that's a killer, literally. A buddy of mine crashed his sport bike on that one, hard :eek5: Shortly afterwards they placed flashing yellow lights at it because so many have crashed there. Actually, now that I think about it I think they've reworked that one so it's not so bad now. It was a decreasing radius that really could sneak up on you, especially riding 8 or 9 tenths on a bike. Even so there's very little LEO enforcement...great road. Hwy 80 up to the BRP is hard to beat too! A Shelby playground :drool:

Jim

Archived