TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front License Bracket

Where do I get a bracket for the front plates? Is this a Ford item?

I noticed many folks don't have one but it's $38 ticket here in Oregon. Just looking to eliminate a hassle factor if I can. The previous owner said he got the ticket 3 or 4 times. :rolleyes:

Where do I get a bracket for the front plates? Is this a Ford item?

I noticed many folks don't have one but it's $38 ticket here in Oregon. Just looking to eliminate a hassle factor if I can. The previous owner said he got the ticket 3 or 4 times. :rolleyes:

They are not Ford items but if you go & do a search on this site for,` license plate brackets` you will find several different types.

I have one from "Craigs Custom Mustang Brackets" www.ccmustangbrackets.com , Office: 757-313-8480.

I like it, no holes to drill, all you need is a wrench. Very nice looking and top quality material. Good guy, he is in the Military and does these on the side.

I have one from "Craigs Custom Mustang Brackets" www.ccmustangbrackets.com , Office: 757-313-8480.

I like it, no holes to drill, all you need is a wrench. Very nice looking and top quality material. Good guy, he is in the Military and does these on the side.

That looks promising, has anyone heard if he is working on a GT500 bracket?

He does make them for GT500's, that is what my car is. Buy it, I have no regrets. :drool:

Thanks Jody. If you have a picture you could post that would be great. Does it sit in the middle of the bumper like the factory piece and how does it install?

The bracket inserts into the lower grill. You can adjust the height by putting it into any of the holes in the grill. It also has rubber bumpers on the back side of it to protect it incase it is bent backwards against the bumper. It is very sturdy so it would take a quite a bit to bend it. Made from aluminum.

front_license_bracket.jpg

Sorry I had to erase some of the directions to get it to down load onto this site. I am limited to 500 it was just over 620 orginally.

front_license_bracket.jpg

+1 I have this one as well.

I have one that was given to me by MrHugger (Steve) and I keep it in my trunk with the plate attached. I have been pulled over three times and each time when the officer came up and told me I was missing my front plate, well...I acted as if OMG my bracket fell off!!! Spoke about just taking the car out after detailing it etc., then acted as if I realized I forgot to put it back on! Going to the trunk to get it and show them, each time they let me go. Not saying I recommend this I just refuse to ruin the look of the car and for the last 18 months have not put a front plate on. :finger:

I have been pulled over once for not having the front plate on. The officer asked if I knew it was against the law. I said yeah I know. He then asked if I knew where the front plate was? I said yeah, it's hanging on the wall of my garage. He stepped back and looked over the car poked his head back down and said... This a REAL Shelby. I said yes sir!... His reply amazed me... He said, "You don't plan to put that front plate on at all do you? I said nope, I know I am in violation and I will pay the ticket with no problem. He said: Well I am not sure I would want to drill holes in a Shelby Bumper either. Have fun! Then he just walked away, no warning, ticket, nothing!

I have been pulled over once for not having the front plate on. The officer asked if I knew it was against the law. I said yeah I know. He then asked if I knew where the front plate was? I said yeah, it's hanging on the wall of my garage. He stepped back and looked over the car poked his head back down and said... This a REAL Shelby. I said yes sir!... His reply amazed me... He said, "You don't plan to put that front plate on at all do you? I said nope, I know I am in violation and I will pay the ticket with no problem. He said: Well I am not sure I would want to drill holes in a Shelby Bumper either. Have fun! Then he just walked away, no warning, ticket, nothing!

Sometimes honesty works.

I finally got pulled over last summer for not displaying a front plate. The State Trooper gave me a warning ticket (I suppose so my car was in their system) and told me the next time it would cost me $105.00. I pleaded the case for not drilling holes in the bumper. He said “you know they make a license bracket that does not require any drilling.” Perhaps he suspected I had one hanging in the shop? He did say it was a sharp looking Mustang. I had past city and county cops and they never paid any attention but not this guy. So, I went home and put the bracket on since I figure I’ll probably run into him or one of this buddies again. I am getting use to the look – sort of.

I have been running since March 2007 without the front plate.This is in Illinois. There are alot of cars without front plates. Corvettes Pontiacs just to name afew. I do keep it in the car! I also try not to do any thing stupid to attract attention.

I have one that was given to me by MrHugger (Steve) and I keep it in my trunk with the plate attached. I have been pulled over three times and each time when the officer came up and told me I was missing my front plate, well...I acted as if OMG my bracket fell off!!! Spoke about just taking the car out after detailing it etc., then acted as if I realized I forgot to put it back on! Going to the trunk to get it and show them, each time they let me go. Not saying I recommend this I just refuse to ruin the look of the car and for the last 18 months have not put a front plate on. :finger:

Hey jeff you should move to new york like upstate cause you can have a dead body hanging out of your trunk and they don't care cause the towns people pay for the police my cousin works in a rich village and he's a cop making insane money and when he started there he was told no tickets to residents only a warning. Nice to be the king. My town is middle class and never been stopped with my car even my wife and she scarces the crap out of me even the baby covers her eyes.

Now that's a real cop, I'm to lazy to get out of the police car for a front plate the only time is when you know the guy is dirty and thats your excuse and also fail to signal. But like you did if someone was honest and straight forward they never got tagged. I got pulled over in N.C and the trooper asked me if I knew why he stopped me and I said tinted windows nope talking on cell nope driving to slow he said nope try speeding must be the cell phone. He asked where I was heading told little river to meet the wife he asked about the car and told him about mustang week he handed me my stuff and walked away.

While I've had the trailer rebuilders bracket for some time, it does tend to block the supercharger intercooler. I contacted Craig and he said he does sell a GT500 bracket and emailed me some pics. The way it is mounted it looks like it is in the factory location. $51.00 delivered and he accepts Paypal.

<<LINK>>

• 5 weeks later...

I had a polite conversation with an officer with the Texas Dept of Public Safety who had just stopped me in my 'vette because I was not displaying my front plate. I have had the car for 8 years and passed many law enforcement officers and never been stopped. He gave me a warning but told me that not having a front plate was 'an arrestable offense' with fines over $200, who knew? Needless to say I ordered Criag's bracket and will be getting the Shelby fitted asap. As for the 'vette I am sure I threw the front plate away, opps.

As a 11 year veteran police officer I find it very hard to believe that you could be arrested for not having a front license plate. To arrest someone they need to commit a crime. Not having a front license plate is not a crime. I would check your state traffic code. The reason that most states have required front plates is that it makes it easier for law enforcement officers to ID cars as they approach, looking for stolen cars and ATL subjects. So it helps to have a front plate. Just for info Oregon requires a front plate and I don't have one. I'm not going to drill holes in my front bumper and I'm not going to block air flow to my radiator.

I think I'll order one of those Craig's Custom brackets today; there doesn't appear to be a better choice! I need it because I'm having Tasca fill the holes in my front bumper (due to the orig. equipt. plate mount) and replace the striping.

Another ilmor mod!! :o

Archived