TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 gt - h

bigtv

I was in Orlando this week and asked the Hertz guy at the hotel if they were renting the shelby's. He said yes, I asked what Year he said 08. I thought they only made 06 and 07 in hertz's?

Also I asked about how much it was per day, $250.00 per day. WOW

Who ever you were talking to didn't know what they were talking about. Yes, there are only 06 coupes and 07 converts. I believe that Orlando actually may still have a couple 07 converts in their fleet. Either that's what he was talking about, or he thought you were talking about the 08 Hertz edition Corvette.

I was in Orlando this week and asked the Hertz guy at the hotel if they were renting the shelby's. He said yes, I asked what Year he said 08. I thought they only made 06 and 07 in hertz's?

Also I asked about how much it was per day, $250.00 per day. WOW

From what I understand there are a very few 07 GT-H Verts for rent. For 08 Hertz added the ZHZ Corvette Coupe and supposed to build ZHZ Vert for 09 if GM is still there.

Who ever you were talking to didn't know what they were talking about. Yes, there are only 06 coupes and 07 converts. I believe that Orlando actually may still have a couple 07 converts in their fleet. Either that's what he was talking about, or he thought you were talking about the 08 Hertz edition Corvette.

Well, it turns out the person who doesn't know what they are talking about works at Shelby. Check out this link to an article on this very site.

http://www.teamshelby.com/index.php?catego...2_articleid=175

You can also go to the Forum home page and down the left side is a link to GT-H,GT News. Click then scroll down about about 6 stories to: '2008 Shelby GT-H Introduced'. Seems someone needs to proof read the stuff. Funny thing is that this has been up since. March on 2007.

In Sep '07 at DFW (Dallas, TX) I paid approximately $180 a day for (edit - typo) 4 days and the total price was around $800 with taxes and fees to rent the '07 GT-H convertible. And ladies and gentlemen, that was with a military discount. $250 does not sound that far off. I probably paid too much but I had a great time that I will never forget.

(edit) And yes, (edit - there is no) I am not aware of any 2008 GT-H models, only 06 coupes and 07 convertibles. Not sure if they made both in 07.

Here's a picture from May 25th 2007 of several GT-H convertibles. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=314795

Maybe the initial intent was to use 2008s but these are definitely 2007s. 08 mustangs didn't begin production until 25 June 2007. The earliest 08s wouldn't be available at SAI until probably late July/early Aug 07. I'm pretty sure all the GT-Hs convertibles were completed prior to arrival of the first 08SGT-Cs in Late August/early September 07.

I could be wrong but I've never seen a GT-H convertible CSM# beginning with 08. All I've seen are 07H0XXX, but maybe a few early 08 convertibles made it into SAI for conversion. Someone in the know jump in here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived