TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension Question

It is stiffer than a stock GT500 but it's not bad at all. I drove from Vegas to my home in California and only had one area of roadway that was uncomfortable. With that said, it would have been bad in any car because the roadway was so bad. It feels great without being kidney killing going over bumps. You will love it!

steve

Ditto on the stiffness! As for the Borla exhaust drone, there is none. In fact I'm looking to change it so I can hear something other than the whine of the KB. Don't get me wrong, I do love hearing my KB whine but would also like to hear the exhaust too! :drool: MB

If anything, the exhaust is a little too quiet imho. Even without the whine of the SC, it isn't as loud as I'd like. As you said, few people like an exhaust that creates an constant drone but usually you can create a nice tone (rpm based) without having to resort to an overtly loud system.

As for the suspension, it is stiff as the others have said.

My word of caution would also reflect the comment regarding road surface. If you live in an area of bad roads, you may want to consider your set-up. We lack your perfect road surfaces in Europe, so I find the SS can feel crashy and too stiff a lot of the time. I wish the dampers were adjustable because on our less than perfect roads the combination of suspension and 20" wheels isn't ideal.

If anything, the exhaust is a little too quiet imho. Even without the whine of the SC, it isn't as loud as I'd like. As you said, few people like an exhaust that creates an constant drone but usually you can create a nice tone (rpm based) without having to resort to and overtly loud system.

As for the suspension, it is stiff as the others have said.

My word of caution would also reflect the comment regarding road surface. If you live in an area of bad roads, you may want to consider your set-up. We lack your perfect road surfaces in Europe, so I find the SS can feel crashy and too stiff a lot of the time. I wish the dampers were adjustable because on our less than perfect roads the combination of suspension and 20" wheels isn't ideal.

Thanks for the input! If I can, I'd like to go for a ride in one before I make my decision. I would like to be able to take the car for a 3 or 4 hour ride without feeling like I need a massuese travelling with me. I understand that performance is the goal but it needs to be practical, which my old car wasn't. The roads here are hit and miss. Exhaust drone gives me a headache so if its too quiet for some it will likely be perfect for me.

Thanks again.

Don

am I correct in saying that the FRPP suspension (605) has adjustable dampers, where are the Shelby Eibach (optional on 605, standard on 725) doesn't?

I believe it's the other way around. The FRPP is not adjustable and the Eibach is adjustable. That's the main reason that I went with the Eibach on mine.

Joker, I still love that avatar of yours. It just never gets old..... Anyway, what did it cost to get the adjustable Eibachs?

Don

The suspension is stiffer than the stock GT 500. You will feel the difference more in the driver's seat than in the passenger seat for some reason but overall the car rides very well except on very rough roads.The handling is incredible on the Super Snake and worth the little extra stiffness.

I have driven the car for long distances (800 km + in one day) and you feel relaxed when you get out of the car. If you have not drive a Super Snake you have no idea what you are missing.

On the exhaust drone - there is a drone on our car between 90 km/hr and 105 km /hr and it is absolutely quiet above and below these speeds.

The adjustable Eibacks are a $100.00 US option. You should contact Shelby for more detailed information, you will find them very helpful.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

I believe it's the other way around. The FRPP is not adjustable and the Eibach is adjustable. That's the main reason that I went with the Eibach on mine.

I was told that the Shelby/Eibach are only height adjustable, not the dampers - which is where you could make a difference to the stiffness of the ride.

Oh well, as others have said, small price to pay for better handling over stock. And if it ever gets really annoying, you can always fit good adjustable dampers.

Archived