TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics of my Shelby Clone

AZAlloy

Hey guys. I posted a couple pics up in the CS section recently, but wanted to share these.

I took at trip up to Canyon Lake, here in Arizona yesterday, and got some great pictures. None of these have been edited yet, so this is straight off of the camera.

Hope you enjoy!

img1129xq8.jpg

img1135ni9.jpg

img1141ta4.jpg

img1143zr8.jpg

img1145ao2.jpg

img1146pq6.jpg

img1147ne3.jpg

img1148vl7.jpg

img1162iv7.jpg

img1165ag7.jpg

Great pics, bro! Any mechanical mods? :happy feet:

Absolutely. I kept the 4.6 because it was an aluminum block/heads, and better on weight than the 5.4, and kept the 5-spd GT trans. It has a FRPP Gen II Whipple supercharger at 11.5psi with air-liquid I/C. Hurst short throw, Center Force DF clutch. 3.55 gears. FRPP suspenstion, FRPP Brembo kit. Shelby Razor 20x9s. Bassani catted x-pipe, FRPP stinger mufflers. SOS A-pillar guage pods.

To answer the question how much have I spent? ...too much. :) In all seriousness, looking back, I should have just bougt the GT500 off the showroom floor. Only problem with that, is I can't leave cars alone, and I would have dumped tons of money into that as well. I like having a unique ride, as do most.

Thanks for the compliments! Here is under the hood:

dsc02543mi8.jpg

Thanks guys. Means a lot coming from REAL Shelby owners. I guess no matter how great it looks or how fast it is, I still feel that empty space for an authentic Shelby CSM.

BTW, you all have gorgeous cars!

Tek, I love the CS8-style grille in your SGT. Really sets the car apart, looks clean, and is still a Shelby grille! :)

I was watching your other posts also. I must say your car is gorgeous. I wouldn't change a thing. Just enjoy the heck out of it. I'd just start saving for a Shelby down the road and not worry about what you have now. It's perfect the way it is. If in time you can swing the second car, that's what I'd do. You'll find the right one or something will change in your life allowing that second Mustang. How you like to mod things(don't we all?), I would get an SGT as the prices continue to fall for now. After I rented a Hertz when they first came out, I thought that I'd never get one with the prices the way they were. A year ago, all I had was a die-cast of a Hertz signed by Carroll. A few months later, the prices continued to drop, and I was able to swing it, and never looked back. For now, just enjoy the ride!

Boy I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way! :hide:

Why don't you take the Shelby emblems off , put the GT emblems back on and represent what you truly have, an AWESOME highly modified/customized Mustang GT ... kind of like bamaster did? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I never understood the whole cloning thing. It's cool to borrow styling queues from like models but why try to pass the car off as something it's not? Especially when what you have is just as cool if not cooler .... just my .02 cents

Why don't you take the Shelby emblems off , put the GT emblems back on and represent what you truly have, an AWESOME highly modified/customized Mustang GT ... kind of like bamaster did? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I never understood the whole cloning thing. It's cool to borrow styling queues from like models but why try to pass the car off as something it's not? Especially when what you have is just as cool if not cooler .... just my .02 cents

+1

AZalloy - your car is great looking :D

• 1 month later...

+2

Archived