TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone drop the rear of their KR yet?

docshelby

I know, I know not supposed to mod a super collectable, but the rear is way to high imo. Also know about superior handling the way it is, 18's an all. Sorry, needs 20's and lower rear. KR owners have you thought about, or actually dropped your car yet? What is recommended if one was to lower the rear? Springs, shocks/spring, don't want to do anything I can't put back to stock. Can you get just rears?

Does anyone have pics of lowered vs non-lowered KR's, with 18" vs 20" wheels?

I know, I know not supposed to mod a super collectable, but the rear is way to high imo. Also know about superior handling the way it is, 18's an all. Sorry, needs 20's and lower rear. KR owners have you thought about, or actually dropped your car yet? What is recommended if one was to lower the rear? Springs, shocks/spring, don't want to do anything I can't put back to stock. Can you get just rears?

Go for it you can alaways put it back to original,& who said they are super collectable?They are just super expensive for what you are getting.

Go for it you can alaways put it back to original,& who said they are super collectable?They are just super expensive for what you are getting.

What I am asking for is hardware recommendations, and expected results. Not a debate, or negative commentary. This section of the forum, if you read the cynical tone in many threads, should be "Bash a GT500KR here, especially if you don't own one.

What I am asking for is hardware recommendations, and expected results. Not a debate, or negative commentary. This section of the forum, if you read the cynical tone in many threads, should be "Bash a GT500KR here, especially if you don't own one.

I hear exactly what you are saying and I have seen it alot. You however have a GT500KR. A car to be very proud of. I dam sure wish I had one, but I'm very proud of my GT500 as well and it's a keeper. Just ignore the posts and know that many....many here on this site are very jealous of KR owners.

I hope you find the tech. info. that you are looking for and don't have to wade through too much Bull$hit.

have you looked at the springs from the FR Handling pack?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9924

You don't have to be rude about it. I don't think the guy was bashing anything.

Sorry you took it as I was bashing the KR which I wasn`t.. I really love the car but just feel it was a little over priced by the dealers compared to the G.T 500. By the way I had my name on alist but canceled out when I was told the price. Good luck on your mods.

I will possibly drop my KR and have a great way to do it. Same way I dropped my GT500. Took me approx 20minutes per side.

Putting it back to stock in under a 1/2hr's time

send me a PM

right now my GT500 is 28 1/4" at wheel opening and the KR is 28 5/8". Had them parked next to each other and for some reason was thinking the KR was lower....

I could get some pics what the KR would look like if lowered but with stock wheels. I really like the stock wheels so no plan on changing them. The KR is really not much lower than a stock GT500 although ford says nearly 1" @ 20mm

One does not buy a KR to lower it and mod it.

If you want to mod a GT500 to your liking, find one you already like, 40th, SS or buy just a regular GT500 and mod it.

18s are there for performance, they are lighter and offer more side wall, the suspension in the car already is the best, if you change it, it will be for the worse.

By the way, mod your KR and kiss any value it may have good bye

IMO of course

One does not buy a KR to lower it and mod it.

If you want to mod a GT500 to your liking, find one you already like, 40th, SS or buy just a regular GT500 and mod it.

18s are there for performance, they are lighter and offer more side wall, the suspension in the car already is the best, if you change it, it will be for the worse.

By the way, mod your KR and kiss any value it may have good bye

IMO of course

But, it's a "super collectible" :hysterical: By the way, well stated.

I didn't take his comments as anti- KR.

At any rate, 18's were selected due to sidewall and the available compound available. Both 18 and 20's were tested at Ford and SAI and the 18's simply performed better.

I was thinking of adding a Watts-Link type suspension - I really don't care about long term value as much as driving pleasure.

I'll ask our resident engineer, who worked on the KR about lowering it.

Its a VERY EASY deal to lower a KR.

Tell me how much you want and no problem

Here is my GT500 using another pair of stock springs. It now sits 5/8" lower than my KR

This is amt I chose because if I go any lower (even a 1/8") my hoist will not clear. Does not look slammed but looks nice

and almost looks stock or how it should have been from fomoco

Anyone looks underneath at springs and they scratch their heads...

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1654-1.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

Its a VERY EASY deal to lower a KR.

Tell me how much you want and no problem

Here is my GT500 using another pair of stock springs. It now sits 5/8" lower than my KR

This is amt I chose because if I go any lower (even a 1/8") my hoist will not clear. Does not look slammed but looks nice

and almost looks stock or how it should have been from fomoco

Anyone looks underneath at springs and they scratch their heads...

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1654-1.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

Those two cars look great together!

Archived