TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VMP vs Evolution

They have both figured out the tuning requirements for the various combinations that are available to us. Both companies are owned by customer service oriented people. You can not go wrong with either company.

that is exactly what I mean...Ingram is dead on...either Justin (VMP) or John (EVO) both know these cars better than anyone else...any tune I have ever got for myself, or cutomers cars that they got on their own, even with our crap CA 91 octane oxygenated gas, I have yet to see any reason on the dyno with datalogging, tto improve their tunes. I have owned a Mujstang shop for 16+ years and wish they knew and shared with us what we used to go through with 5.0 and 4.6 tunes years ago...either way...you will get the right stuff from either of them!!!

While they both produce very good tunes, EVO and VMP are managed by folks with VERY different personalities. I suggest you call and speak with both before deciding which better fits YOU. As you mod the car, your working relationship with your tuner translates to proper commuinication between you two. That can make a big difference in how YOUR car runs. Both have demonstrated the ability to tune very fast and reliable cars.

Who does the best tuning for the gt500's? Vmp or Evolution?

Since you are in Texas, consider Quantum in Dallas. They have done really good work for my brother (2007 Super Snake) and me (2008 GT 500). Nice guys and very knowledgable on Shelby's.

I'm going to jump in here and probably get flamed for it but, I dissagre with statement that both are customer service orientated. I was very unsatisfied with Evolutions customer service. It seems to me like once they have your money they could care less about helping you with any issues. I have talked with Jon Lund several times. He now does his own tuning and no longer does the tuning for Evolution. I would consider going with him. He also sends you a base tune then sends you to a dyno to data log and tweaks the tune for your car.

I'm going to jump in here and probably get flamed for it but, I dissagre with statement that both are customer service orientated. I was very unsatisfied with Evolutions customer service. It seems to me like once they have your money they could care less about helping you with any issues. I have talked with Jon Lund several times. He now does his own tuning and no longer does the tuning for Evolution. I would consider going with him. He also sends you a base tune then sends you to a dyno to data log and tweaks the tune for your car.

+100000000000000

Lund is incredible.

bj

THEY ARE BOTH GOOD MUSTANG TUNERS.

I PERSONALLY LIKE TO BE ABLE TO FEEL LIKE I CAN CALL

MY TUNER OR HIS SHOP AND NOT GET PUT ON HOLD OR SWEPT

UNDER THE RUG.

THAT BEING SAID, I HAVE DEALT WITH SEVERAL MUSTANG TUNERS OVER

THE YEARS AND I WOULD SAY THAT WHEN YOUR IN THE TUNNING BUSINESS

THERE ARE ALL TYPES OF SITUATIONS THAT YOU ARE PUT ON HOLD OR

DO NOT GET A CALL BACK. THAT'S LIFE.

I HAVE HAD 3 COBRA'S AND A GT500 TUNED BY PAULS HIGH PERFORMANCE IN

JACKSON MICHIGAN WITH NEVER A PROBLEM IN 10 YEARS OF TUNNING MY CARS.

PAUL IS VERY CLOSELY ASSOCIATED WITH FORD RACING AND HAS WORK

ON MANY MUSTANG PROJECTS. HE WAS ALSO RESPOSIBLE FOR BUILDING THE

MOTOR AND DOING THE TUNNING ON DANNY THOMPSON O8 BONNIVILLE MUSTANG.

THE WORLD FASTEST PRODUCTION BASED MUSTANG AT 251.7 MPH.

PAUL ALSO HAS BEEN DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THE BUILDING, TUNNING AND

SET-UP OF THE NEW FR500CJ; THE COBRA JET RACE CAR FOR FORD MOTOR CO.

PAULS HAS OVER 150 PASSES IN THE FR500CJ AND IS HIGHLY RESPECTED

BY FORD AND ALL THE AUT0MOTIVE MANUFACTURES.

PAUL IS A STAND-UP GUY WHO GIVES YOU HIS TIME AND

THE RESPECT THAT EVERY CUSTOMER WANTS AND EXPECTS WHEN PAYING FOR

WORLD CLASS PERFORMANCE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

JUST MY $ .02 . IF YOUR LOOKING FOR THE BEST IN PERFORMANCE AND

CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE MID-WEST GO TO WWW.PAULSHP.COM

THAT INCLUDES ALL YOU GREAT CANADIANS.

SCOTTY

One of the most important areas of a tune is driveability. As far as making HP all you can adjust is AFR and Timing. We have a lot of good tuners all over the US. Both John and Justin can tune and specialize in GT500's. So both would be very good at driveability. But you really need to get your car on rollers to get the best tune. If someone says you can get more HP from one tuner over another, then he's just putting in more timing in your tune. At the risk of you blowing your engine. More timing the better chance you have of joining the built motor club.... :o

I received with my car tunes from both the above but, prefer a tune I received from Brent at Brenspeed.

I agree that it seems all Mustang tuners seem extremely busy these days but for me it was the price of an updated tune file @ $200.00 which seemed a little high to me.

I would try them again or, if I was closer and they tuned the car personally I could be swayed another direction but, on-site is not an option yet for me.

Soon I will be doing a TVS and tune with Justin......why? Well, simple, my questions via e-mail are answered as well as my phone calls.......can't say the same for Evo.......so, in my limited experience, Justin wins hands down when it comes to taking the time to guide you and make recomendations.

When has lund stopped for Evo?? was this recently ? as I met John at Evo's shop this past mid-September

I have a tune from VMP, along with the OEM looking pulley and idler. It has been a great tune. Driven 2000 miles since tune installed, and continues to run beautifully (power like you wouldn't believe, yet on highway, 21 mpg). Justin even called me unsolicited 2 weeks after he sent me tune to see how it was working. Great service, great product.

I too have had a terrific experience with Justin. He did call me one time to see how the car was doing. That's hard to do when you have other things going on but it shows how important customer service and relations are to him. The advice has always been correct and very helpful and the tune was dead on.

Nice job Justin keep up the good work. SC

Archived