TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sat. Radio ???

SVTSnake

Am I not doing something right? It says no signal, I called the provider to activate service. I give him the no. off the stereo to activate. He tells me dealership already activated. Still no signal, he tells me that stereo must be bad and to take it to Ford. Am I missing something? Any system test I can run? Only had it a day, really don't want to take to dealership for this.

You should have no problem at all. If it was working at the dealership, then it should be working now. I've never had interrupted service unless I left a towel on the reciever or a cloud went by overhead. :doh:

You may want to look and see if the wire running to the tranmitter in the center of the trunk has come loose...those receivers are very sensitive. Also make sure you are not in a garage or some area where it cannot receive a signal....I don't think the satellites have had any issues recently.

Good luck on the fix, and let us know what it was!

Well I was never at dealership. I'm in Texas, bought from a dealer in Ohio. Car arrived Thur night. But, you might have a point. It's in garage, haven't driven it yet!! No paper plate, dealer forgot to put it on. I don't want to be pulled over without the plate. It should be in Sat by noon, I'll do my first drive and check the Sat. radio then.Thanks!!!

Thats the number one complaint about the satelite radio is it will NOT work in a garage. I bought the 3 year package to save a little money even though I cannot use it in the winter. Its also nice you can listen to it online when you log in using your user name and password. If you dont have one yet then call customer service and get one.

Thanks guys. If I remember correctly, when I had it in driveway to take pictures today it still had no signal. I'll venture out Sat. when that plate arrives. I know I won't get any sleep waiting for it to arrive!! Oh and pictures have been loaded in proper forum.(I'm a rules follower, except speed limits)

Thanks guys. If I remember correctly, when I had it in driveway to take pictures today it still had no signal. I'll venture out Sat. when that plate arrives. I know I won't get any sleep waiting for it to arrive!! Oh and pictures have been loaded in proper forum.(I'm a rules follower, except speed limits)

You have to give them a call, they send a signal to turn it back on.

It does require an unobstructed line of sight between the rear deck antenna and the open sky. In my area I've been very disappointed with the sound quality of their signal. My guess is that the signal is very compressed. The FM radio signals are more clear with better fidelity.

It does require an unobstructed line of sight between the rear deck antenna and the open sky. In my area I've been very disappointed with the sound quality of their signal. My guess is that the signal is very compressed. The FM radio signals are more clear with better fidelity.

I've had no issues with mine. It works fine in the garage with the door open. Sirius lets me put my account on hold for 6 months in the winter too, which is nice.

Satelite radio reception sucks. If I pass trees it seems to come and go... :banghead:

Yeah, but it works most of the time and its great!

OK you were right!!! Pulled it out of garage to clean it up so I can drive for 1st time when my plates arrive today. Pulled in a signal while on the driveway. I would have that when I called Sirius they would have told me it wouldn't get signal in garage. Oh well, all is good now! Thanks to all who helped out.

I love the satellite radio. The thing to keep in mind is that it needs an un-obstructed view to the south just like satellite TV. It sucks when you go east and there are some tall buildings along the road on the south. There is no signal at that point. With the merger of XM and Serius, they are starting to combine channels. There are now channels on XM that are on Serius and vise-versa. I am thinking of changing all my XM to Serius receivers. Since I have 2 vehicles with factory Serius radios, I'll change my 3 XM receivers to Serius so I can have everything on one bill.

I love the satellite radio. The thing to keep in mind is that it needs an un-obstructed view to the south just like satellite TV...

This is true with XM. XM satellites uses a geosycronous orbit (they don't move) like satellite TV which keeps the radio signal in the same location in the south. Not so with Sirius. Sirius uses a trio of satellites in unique elliptical orbits. They appear as a figure 8 on the ground over the middle of the US (see animation). This is suppost to put the satellite higher in the sky to avoid things getting in the way (buildings, mountains, etc). This very much depends are where you are. For me in WA I have to have unobstructed view to the East.

At my house I have uninterupted XM but loose Sirius for ~30 mins. twice a every day as the satellites move and get behide a tree east of my house.

sirius_xm_orbits.gif

Hey guys,

I've had mine for about 6 months now and seriously not one problem with it. I've moved once in the past three months from the south shore to the north shore on long island and in two different garages and it was fine in my previous garage, windows everywhere, but in the new garage with no windows it actually still works decent, not great but decent.

But, let me go next door to the Sirius Building (aka the Howard Stern Building) here in midtown and see what he can do for you. Just kidding about Howard, but I do work next door to it in the Radio City area in NYC.

Take it sleazy!

Archived