TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can Shelby Inc. survive ?

sudden

After watching the doomsday hearing of the big 3 auto makers I am wondering and hoping that Shelby Inc. can survive this economic mess. I sure hope so, but it seems that they should be affected ,but how I do not know. It seems that they are in a bad situation with people not being able to spend money on their Shelbys. The credit situation is real bad and gettin worse. SUDDEN.

Of course I know nothing of the details, but we know from press releases that Shelby renewed a 6 year contract with Ford this year. So, I would expect that this will continue unless Ford files for bankrupcy Chapter 11, in which case they could choose to accept or reject the contract. Of course, we don't know exactly what the contract states. Also, if Ford is needs to take the option to initiate the goverment loan (assuming they even have that option), the goverment may dictate what they can and cannot do with the funds.

Shelby also has his ongoing Cobra business as well as other Shelby-related income. Personally, I think Ford is going to emerge from this mess just fine and everything will turn out well in the end.

Guest markham51

The problem is...nobody builds a business plan around a 30 to 50pct sales decline. It doesnt necessarily take a Ford to go bankrupt, it will survive only if it can cut costs in proportion to its decline in sales or it has deep pockets.

I think SAI will survive no matter what happens to Ford. If Ford goes away, SAI obviously won't be modifying new mustangs and thus would be much smaller than they are now. But they could still do plenty of other projects, like the Cobra roadster line, the Terlingua, and maybe even a future SGT upgrade kit.

Maybe it's time for SAI/SPP to step up their after market/performance parts business. Just go thru these threads alot of us want Shelby parts. Pleanty are still spending $$$ on parts. With the news of the new Shelby motor line with SHM, maybe they will become a manufacture like Saleen was or Steeda and Roush. I believe they can ride out this storm, the bigger question is can they survive after Mr. Shelby?

They need to get their product out to sell and stop talking about it. Look at the Terlingua, over a year and how many have been made? The Terlingua Cobra? Big Draw hood?, Rear seat Delete, Shelby Suspesion? The Strut brace for the KB/SS? etc, etc.

SGT Package

Rear seat delete

Roll Bars

18" wheels

Big Draw Hood

GT500 Heat Extraction Hood

Strut Brace for the KB/SS

6P Rear Brakes

Shelby Suspension System/Parts

Archived