TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Enclosed Transporter Companies

08redgt500

I've done some initial research and pricing for open and closed transport. Getting quotes around $1,200 for coast to coast enclosed transport. Wondering what other's experiences or suggestions might be? Any particular companies to recommend? Going from Maryland to Northern California, unless I have to sell it that is.

Thanks in advance all.

I've done some initial research and pricing for open and closed transport. Getting quotes around $1,200 for coast to coast enclosed transport. Wondering what other's experiences or suggestions might be? Any particular companies to recommend? Going from Maryland to Northern California, unless I have to sell it that is.

Thanks in advance all.

FedEx, did a good job for me, no BS involved.

Thanks in advance all.

Major issues with intercity

Great no issues with Reliable (my favorite) http://www.reliable-carriers.com/ The place I ALWAYS call first

Also good luck with Thomas C Sunday

Accurate hauls the KR's for Ford/Shelby but do not care for the exclusions, pretty much if something happens its not their fault

Have had good luck numerous times with Hog Haulers but also did have an issue

What ever you do DONT use a broker because most of the time your car will not be insured. Also if you hire a certain hauler and they sub it out to someone else your car most likely will be uninsured

I have had dozens upon dozens of cars hauled and the worst nightmare was with intercity, never again under any circumstances

FedEx/Passport have also had good luck with

I just got mine shipped from Ohio to Texas. Was picked up Tues and arrived Thur. I used We Move Muscle. Enlosed trailer, ask that Don do your shipping. I think I have his No. still if you want. Great guy, moves a lot of high end vehicles. VERY competitve pricing. I work for FedEx and get a discount. They beat my discounted price by $100. I can give you info if you want.

Yeah, well I'm not sure how the transport review website rates the companies because I used one of the highly recommended transporters that was supposed to be an owner/operator and they turned out to be a broker. My car was delivered two weeks late and a mile from my house because the transport owner was afraid to scratch his truck on the trees.

So definitely use a company that a forum member recommends through direct experience. Don't rely on the transporter reviews because I think they are rigged.

Thanks in advance all.

here's a link from SAI with a list of shippers. i've used Intercitylines over a dozen times, no problems.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/Links.asp

I was screwed over big time by a carrier out of Florida when I moved my car cross country from San Diego to Connecticut. It was an open air truck. The good old boy cleverly asked to deliver in the evening. It was dark out and I could not adequately inspect. He said there was no problem, just sign here. If you see anything in the morning, just phone. The next day, I discovered the car caked in diesel oil and two dents in the hood. It took me three washings in the dead of winter to clean it. I phoned about the dents and was told I was SOL because I had signed the paperwork. Lesson learned the hard way. Number 1 - Accept delivery only during daylight.

Archived