TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Received "The World's Greatest Shelby Slot Car Racetrack"

ok, I'm back....wife walked in my office so I had to minimize the screen and act like I was working. Now where was I....oh, need to order that vacuum cleaner slot car thingy.... :hysterical:

I warned my wife today before it came and she said, "if it's car stuff, it's ok because it makes you happy". What a wife!!!! :happy feet:

Have you been a good boy this year? If so, I'm sure that Ms Claus (Marji) will spring for it!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I just added the Racetrack to the top of my really, really want list. Marji is sure to see it. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I just added the Racetrack to the top of my really, really want list. Marji is sure to see it. :happy feet: :happy feet:

If you get it, do not forget to bring a piece of track to CS86 so that Carroll can sign it!!! That would be very unique...:shift:

Believe it or not, I had one of those many, many, many years ago when I was a child...but I'm sure that my parents did NOT pay $249.00 for it, because if it was that much way back then, I'm certain I would not have had it...I don't recall it being named "The World's Greatest Shelby slot Car Racetrack", but the track was exactly the same and the cars were very similar if not the same body...memory fades with time, but I DO remember having a lot of fun with it back in the day....I guess the old saying is true, "The only difference in Men and Boys is the price of their toys." :D

I'm regretting letting my wife talk me out of the bonus room when we built our house 3 years ago! I have no place to put something like that. :banghead:

Yeah, this thing is pretty large. Requires a 4' x 8' table! I'm making a new office in my house where I'll set it up and display all of my other Shelby Memorabilia. :happy feet: :shift:

Stuart

Believe it or not, I had one of those many, many, many years ago when I was a child...but I'm sure that my parents did NOT pay $249.00 for it, because if it was that much way back then, I'm certain I would not have had it...I don't recall it being named "The World's Greatest Shelby slot Car Racetrack", but the track was exactly the same and the cars were very similar if not the same body...memory fades with time, but I DO remember having a lot of fun with it back in the day....I guess the old saying is true, "The only difference in Men and Boys is the price of their toys." :D

Hmmm, that's interesting. Supposedly this is new and it's the biggest set Aurora has ever made 64 1/2 feet in length.... Also, the cars are alot different from the Vibrator & Turbo Jet car technology. Anyway, all HO sets are similar and they've been making the Daytona Coupe cars since the 1960s. But, yeah you're right this aint the set your parents bought, price is not cheap. :shift:

x2. That is the only reason I backed out of buying it. No room.....

......and it's 1/2 the money needed for the PS3 I am wanting. :drool:

Yeah, it does take up the space... I got my son his PS3 in Japan because at the time they were not released in the States... It's cool, just won't play USA DVDs; BluRay works...

Yeah, it does take up the space... I got my son his PS3 in Japan because at the time they were not released in the States... It's cool, just won't play USA DVDs; BluRay works...

Gete DVD Shrink, DVD decrypter (both free programs), Nero 9 (expensive but great) and AnyDVD (about $40 with endless updates) and recode your DVD's by burning your own backup's. It should play in the PS3 after that. DVD Shrink will compress the movie to a single 4 gig DVD or you can opt for the dual layer 8 gig DVD. The 4 Gig DVD costs me about .50 a burn if you buy in bulk and the dual layer about $1 a burn.

Blue Ray burning is still too new to get in to.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Supposedly this is new and it's the biggest set Aurora has ever made 64 1/2 feet in length.... Also, the cars are alot different from the Vibrator & Turbo Jet car technology. Anyway, all HO sets are similar and they've been making the Daytona Coupe cars since the 1960s. But, yeah you're right this aint the set your parents bought, price is not cheap. :shift:

Oh, I'm sure it isn't the same set...but I do remember that it seemed to take forever just to set the track up with all of those twists and turns, and all of the guard rails and bridge pieces...remember, I was just a little kid, but it sure looks like the one I remember having...track layout even looks the same...I remember that it was really fun to fling the cars off of the track over the guard rails at high speed...Probably why I have a lead foot now...LOL

Archived