TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett-Jackson SGT's Phoenix

one_quik_pony

I stopped by my local Ford dealership (Bell Ford) here in Phoenix to pick up a few odds-n-ends for the GTH today.

Since I had a few minutes to kill, I hit the showroom to see what they had that I absolutely could not live without. Surprisingly, there were four Barrett-Jackson SGT's; three outside and one in the showroom, amongst five GT500's, and two SGT's. There wasn't another soul in the building, let alone on the entire lot.

What shocked me was the condition of the B-J Shelbys. Not only did all four have deformed hood scoops, but three of the cars had the hood decals cracked all the way around the hood scoops. The decal on one of the scoops was bubbled and terribly cracked. Three were "employee-priced" at $37K, the fourth, an automatic, was $40K.

I was finally approached by a young salesman, who was more interested in my GTH than what he had to sell me. I pointed out the decals and hood scoops to him...and he was clueless. He mentioned that "Shelby" wasn't doing Mustangs anymore, and that this was a "killer" deal on an otherwise $55K car. Of course I asked how killer it could be if he had four of these sitting here...three of which looked terrible for being brand new cars.

I'd like to add another one to the stable, but if they look like this already...how will they look after a few Phoenix summers?

Who gets the bill for restriping these cars? I would feel bad if Shelby took the brunt of it. Having been the original owners of a '77 Cobra II, our 3M stripes lived through at least ten years of Montana summers and winters before showing any wear. I was shocked to see how bad these looked.

Now with pics:

post-21656-1228520804_thumb.jpg

post-21656-1228520779_thumb.jpg

post-21656-1228520853_thumb.jpg

There is a crack in the decals running all the way around the scoop. The salesman said they would cover the stripes for 3/36...but wasn't committing anything to the scoop.

post-21656-1228520779_thumb.jpg

post-21656-1228520804_thumb.jpg

post-21656-1228520853_thumb.jpg

That's what many of us SGT owners have to look at on a daily basis.

Be happy you have your GTH hood!

Do a search for 'hood scoop' threads and you'll find a few good options.

Shelby will warranty the hood, after much hassle, if it's deformed.

I'd recommend just buying the Phoenix Composites scoop though.

Good luck.

Ken

I was going to suggest to an AZ friend of mine that he should stop by and see those cars, but reading this I've changed my mind. That would have been embarassing.

You have my sympathy if dealing with Bell or San Tan Ford in the Phoenix area. I was looking for a 07 SGT and Bell wanted 12 K ADM. This would have been about June or July of 2007. They would not budge. I went to San Tan Ford and they wanted 18 K ADM, and again, for a SGT. The SGT was actually more than the GT 500 and again they would not budge. I noticed Bell Ford had a bunch of young kids that run up to you and try to talk to you about the cars but they cannot really sell anything. Once you are interested they had to turn it over to one of the sales managers. I would never go back to Bell Ford. San Tan fired their new car sales manager and their prices are now reasonable. At the same time I got Berge Ford down to MSRP on a SGT. I eventually ending buying my SGT elsewhere for invoice only about 2 months later. One thing about the Phoenix area you have dust, especially under the hood. But then again you will probably have far less rust in the future.

You have my sympathy if dealing with Bell or San Tan Ford in the Phoenix area. I was looking for a 07 SGT and Bell wanted 12 K ADM. This would have been about June or July of 2007. They would not budge. I went to San Tan Ford and they wanted 18 K ADM, and again, for a SGT. The SGT was actually more than the GT 500 and again they would not budge. I noticed Bell Ford had a bunch of young kids that run up to you and try to talk to you about the cars but they cannot really sell anything. Once you are interested they had to turn it over to one of the sales managers. I would never go back to Bell Ford. San Tan fired their new car sales manager and their prices are now reasonable. At the same time I got Berge Ford down to MSRP on a SGT. I eventually ending buying my SGT elsewhere for invoice only about 2 months later. One thing about the Phoenix area you have dust, especially under the hood. But then again you will probably have far less rust in the future.

Rust?!? :headscratch: I had to look that one up...

Don't forget about every rubber and plastic moulding being baked off the car...especially those fabulous fox Mustang rear quarter window mouldings that are ALL ruined!

Oh, there is absolutely NO CHANCE of me personally purchasing a vehicle from BELL FORD. I spotted a slightly used SGT on the lot as the GF and I were returning home in my work truck, and I made the mistake of pulling in to take a look. The young salesman tried feverishly to steer me toward the base V6 models thinking they would be in my "price range". The car had 1700 miles on it, was an automatic, and still priced at $52K. I asked if they had any in a five speed...he replied "but automatics are faster, and your wife could drive this". BIG MISTAKE, considering that HER toy is a 1965 Pontiac GTO, 389 tri-power/four speed that her Mom bought brand new.

She pushed me aside, and asked him if HE could drive a stick. He squeamishly said no, and we laughed our way outta there!

That isn't the first time they have belittled me for what I was wearing, or what I was driving. I'm just so glad I held out for the GTH...and didn't buy it from them!

They do have an outstanding parts department.

Rust?!? :headscratch: I had to look that one up...

Don't forget about every rubber and plastic moulding being baked off the car...especially those fabulous fox Mustang rear quarter window mouldings that are ALL ruined!

Oh, there is absolutely NO CHANCE of me personally purchasing a vehicle from BELL FORD. I spotted a slightly used SGT on the lot as the GF and I were returning home in my work truck, and I made the mistake of pulling in to take a look. The young salesman tried feverishly to steer me toward the base V6 models thinking they would be in my "price range". The car had 1700 miles on it, was an automatic, and still priced at $52K. I asked if they had any in a five speed...he replied "but automatics are faster, and your wife could drive this". BIG MISTAKE, considering that HER toy is a 1965 Pontiac GTO, 389 tri-power/four speed that her Mom bought brand new.

She pushed me aside, and asked him if HE could drive a stick. He squeamishly said no, and we laughed our way outta there!

That isn't the first time they have belittled me for what I was wearing, or what I was driving. I'm just so glad I held out for the GTH...and didn't buy it from them!

They do have an outstanding parts department.

They were very rude and unprofessional when I could not understand why I should pay 12 K ADM. They really try to take you to the bushes.

I guess that's why if I'm ever looking to buy another SGT or something close to it. . . . . I'm looking to my family here for direction and guidance.

I'm in the market for a 2006 or 2007 MGT Premium, 5spd, IUP, aluminum dash panel. . . prefer Yellow, GO, VB, or redfire met. . . . . . .

Sorta firm on what I'm willing to pay though. . . has to be lowest miles and lowest price possible, whole-sale pricing is preferred.

This will be the platform for my CS8 Shelby and I'm very specific about what I'm looking for.

It's really too bad that these SGT's had to be left in the hands of a dealership that appears to have little respect for the cars and even less for their customers. I'm not going to 'belittle' the dealership since I've not been there myself and it's not like me. . . . but if this is infact true of 'Said dealership' . . . . . I hope someone can rescue these BJ SGT's and any others that are on their lot.

Anyone interested in forming a SGT Rescue??

Trevor

Sounds like Berge Ford, those cars sat under the canopy's all through the monsoon season. I was there on July 4th, they were a mess. I don't suppose you priced the GT500?

Yes...GT500 was $47K plus $20K greedy dealer tax...If I bought it today they would waive the "greedy tax".

post-21656-1228521434_thumb.jpg

New KR...$81K plus $70K (SEVENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS) greedy dealer tax, or "about $150K out the door!

post-21656-1228521434_thumb.jpg

Archived