TEAM SHELBY FORUM

obtaining frpp calibrations

Hello, I just recently purchased a 2007 shelby gt. I'm really happy the car's performance, but that doesn't mean I can't improve it haha. I want to keep the car as correct as possible, utilizing either ford racing or shelby parts. Being that any forced induction is not in the budget, I have ordered ford racing shorty headers, and want to order ford racing 4.10 gears. I heard the speedometer will not read correctly, and the only way to properly calibrate it is with the use of a tuner. I really want to use a ford racing tune on my car. With the addition of the headers and 4.10 gears, the car I believe is essentially the same as a FR2 drag pack optioned car? Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase the ford procal unit for the FR2 drag pack individually? If so, where? Or does anyone know of a good place to look to possibly purchase a used one that someone no longer needs due to further modifications? Thank you all very much in advance for your help! This site is awesome and full of information! Also, I apologize if this has been asked before, but I am new to the site and could not find anything regarding the issue with the search function. Again, thanks!

Call ford racing, give them the last six digits of your vin and tell them what you are doing. They will fax you an application for a procal flash and tool. It will cost $250 but they will refund $100 of it when you return the tool. I chose to keep the tool as it retains the original tune and has the new tune. For the money it was a no brainer for me.

Call ford racing, give them the last six digits of your vin and tell them what you are doing. They will fax you an application for a procal flash and tool. It will cost $250 but they will refund $100 of it when you return the tool. I chose to keep the tool as it retains the original tune and has the new tune. For the money it was a no brainer for me.

Thanks! I called them today, I really appreciate the help!

Hello, I just recently purchased a 2007 shelby gt. I'm really happy the car's performance, but that doesn't mean I can't improve it haha. I want to keep the car as correct as possible, utilizing either ford racing or shelby parts. Being that any forced induction is not in the budget, I have ordered ford racing shorty headers, and want to order ford racing 4.10 gears. I heard the speedometer will not read correctly, and the only way to properly calibrate it is with the use of a tuner. I really want to use a ford racing tune on my car. With the addition of the headers and 4.10 gears, the car I believe is essentially the same as a FR2 drag pack optioned car? Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase the ford procal unit for the FR2 drag pack individually? If so, where? Or does anyone know of a good place to look to possibly purchase a used one that someone no longer needs due to further modifications? Thank you all very much in advance for your help! This site is awesome and full of information! Also, I apologize if this has been asked before, but I am new to the site and could not find anything regarding the issue with the search function. Again, thanks!

Welcome to the board and the wide world of Shelby!

I did pretty much the same mod's you'd like to do. You can do as suggested or (in my opinion even better) buy a Diablo or SCT tuner and you can make the change yourself with the added bonus of having your own programmer for future mods w/o the wait from FRPP.

The first time you plug in the tuner it downloads the stock (current tune) and saves it. Then, you can modify the "stock" tune (gear ratio in your case) and upload back to the car that change.

There's no real tuning options I believe that address the headers so there's nothing to really be done there. You'll be doing 120MPH though for the gears when you're only really doing 80.

I have the Diablo tuner and the only tricky bit was that the gear ratio listed was 4:09 (not 4:10). It's correct though in that just this morning I drove by one of those city signs that flash you the speed you're doing and it was pretty much on the money.

• 2 months later...

can you tell me if Ford racing includes instructions with the tool?

Archived