TEAM SHELBY FORUM

nav on 06 hertz

shelbygt350s

I've never seen it, but I guess it's possible that there could be an individual Hertz location that could have put in one of there Never Lost systems, but that was not the norm. It would probably be very likely that it would have been removed if there was one. They should still have the Sirius Satalite radio system, but I've never seen one with the Nav in it.

There are a couple on Ebay for sale.

Seriously, all I hear about is trouble with these. Please do some searching and read up on the experiences of others that have tried to use the Ford unit post delivery. It seems to always be some issue that never gets resolved. :headscratch:

• 1 year later...

I own #17 and I do have a Hertz Magellan navigation system. I really do not have any problems with it, but I think it also adds value to the car. When you think about it, there will probably be only a handful of GT-H's that will have this in their car. Hertz is also very protective of these units, thus you don't see too many of them for sale, such as E-bay. If you found one for cheap, I think it is worth the spend, just for the originaitly. John.

As far as I know there are VERY few that had Nav and even fewer that made it out of Hertz still installed.

Here is an article about the system:

http://www.beststuff.com/fromthewire/new-magellan-750-plus-series-gps-systems.html

I rented 5 GT-Hs over the the period (BOS, LAX, SFO, ATL, ORD) and none of them had Nav so if you have it all the cooler!

I have GTH 298 and I also have the original Hertz Neverlost system (with all the tags in place) in my car. It works great, no problems. The Hertz Neverlost was the high end Magelan GPS with special Hertz Neverlost markings, and cost $2000 new. You can still find them on ebay.

• 2 months later...

has anybody purchased one of the hertz neverlost systems and intalled it?

i just picked one up, came with everything needed for installation, even the tags that would

come with the rental of one of the units that explains how to work it.

i should receive it tomorrow. once i install it i'll post some pics.

has anybody purchased one of the hertz neverlost systems and intalled it?

i just picked one up, came with everything needed for installation, even the tags that would

come with the rental of one of the units that explains how to work it.

i should receive it tomorrow. once i install it i'll post some pics.

I bought a Hertz Neverlost a couple years ago on Ebay. I hooked it up and it works great. No issues. I am not sure about the updates, I have used it a couple times when I got lost and it pulled up the updated road info. Mine also had all the tags, etc.

It is a great novelty to have in the car, espacially at shows!

Randy

hi i have a question on 06 hertz did anyone get one that a nav system installed by hertz i heard a guy has one

The Magellan Hertz "Neverlost" systems were owned by Magellan, not Hertz. I left Hertz before the 2007 GTH convertibles came so I'm not sure what these cars had. It would be very unusual for one of the units to be left in a sold Hertz car and an error for sure. The 2006 GTHs, as a rule, did not have the Magellan units. There probably were some exceptions, due to errors, special requests by a specific corporate customer, or for maybe a long term rental (very uncommon for the GTH). So to buy a 2006 GTH directly from Hertz or a Ford dealer that had the Magellan system would be super unusual. The one exception to all of this is Hertz Licensees or non-Corporate locations. These businesses, using the Hertz name, usually did what ever they wanted with the cars, but usually kept within suggested Hertz corporate fleet guidelines. Reason being, the Neverlost systems, cost $$ each month whether the car was rented or not. The Neverlost units you see on Ebay are probably discards by Magellan or maybe (gulp) stolen. In that there were thousands installed on various Hertz models, few are re-sold. Also, if you decide to buy a Neverlost, there are two styles, Neverlost 1 and Neverlost ll. Also there is much more to the unit, then the obvious display module that has the Neverlost logo. I would be interested in knowing the Hertz owning area numbers on the cars that Team Shelby members have that came with the Neverlost unit still in the car. This is a four digit number on a white bar code usually located in the door jamb, gas door, front windshield, or quarter windows. For example "1398" would be the Hertz indicator for the Florida Region, "1998" California, etc. Let me know and I will try to find out exactly what that Hertz Region did with the Neverlost, ie, installed, not installed etc. (note I will be on vacation in the mountians for a week so won't be able to answer any responses) So if you do have a Magellan installed Neverlost that came in the car, very rare indeed. Thanks Larry

Archived