TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Firming up some next generation rumours...

JETSOLVER

Wow, but you are like 1 in a million. You are the first person I ever heard that got the GT500 at MSRP. In regards to the style, I like it, especially the last body Saleens but I do see how others dont. It doesnt look like a Mustang that much. All in all, I respect everybodies opinion and taste. We all have great taste. Trust me, I too would get a GT500 over any Saleen, any day! Roush, however, I read that it does outhandle GT500s, not sure about the Saleen E though. Roush, never really into their style either. But anyhow, hopefully this is a wake-up call to Ford and we boost up the performance of the cars because Camaro will be a POWERFUL car with Saleen backing it. IMO :stats:

Do you really think that Ford cares about that after they have already sold 25-30,000 Shelby's even before the Camaro is on the street. Ford is ahead of the group and now they can focus their efforts on staying ahead while GM & D/C are trying to keep.

I dont really think that Ford considers Saleen or Roush as competitors or a threat from a business perspective. We are talking about a very small market palce in the overall car industry here. Who knows maybe Ford's focus moves to Hybrids next year and not performance cars. Dont forget the perfomance car niche is a very small piece of the pie.

PS - Its really good to see you back Jet. Its nice to have your constructive view point back. Hopefully SVT lives on as they are the powertrain behind each and every 2007 Shelby GT500 and I have a signed SVT nameplate on my motor to prove that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived