TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT REAR DECK LETTERING

12/3/08

I would appreciate help with anyone who can measure their rear deck ' S H E L B Y' lettering. I purchased a new set to put on after the stripes were replaced; did not want the dealer trying to use the old ones with little pieces of cut 3M. Shelby sent me the spacing apart of the letters (thanks Bud) but did not have the distance between the curve line of the deck and the third light. I took a before pic and it looks like the letters are positioned a little higher than center closer to the light than center but I did not check and mark down.

Anybody with the information or a ruler that can help will be appeciated. Thank you.

DougsBadBlackMustang

CSM# 07SGT5501

Looks like your right, they are a little higher then centered. I measured using my handy Craftsman steel tape and got exactly 1/2" from the top of the "E" to the bottom corner of the lens of the 3rd brake light. It was a little farther between the curved part of the decklid and the bottom of the letters but since the bottom corner of the lens is a defined point I figured that would be the best place to measure from. If you need anything else let me know.

i had this same issue. I had Bud do the measurements for me. Actually it's better to measure from the bottom of the letters. The measurement is 3/8 inch from the bottom of the deck lid to the bottom of each letter. There is small curvature of the placement of the letters.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Archived