TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Impressive numbers on N/A mustang.

FordRocks1

I know its not a Shelby or anything but it is a mustang and I am very impressed at the numbers for a N/A vehicle. I'm sure it was not cheap....

I am posting this from my local mustang club forums.

2006 Mustang GT Premium

Blow By Racing LNR package

LNR #06-004

Complete BBR LNR Body Kit

Naturally Aspirated

BBR 3V CNC'd Heads

BBR 3V Stage 2 Camshafts

Stainlessworks Longtube Headers

BBR Side-Exit Exhaust System

BBR Suspension Upgrades

4.56 Gears

Custom Tuned by: Chris Jones @ BBR

396 RWHP / 352 RWTQ on 93 octane

BBR1.jpg

BBR2.jpg

FYI. my freind just installed the FRRP cams in his 2005 w/o CNC heads. After having it tuned he dyno'd at 345 RWHP. So 350 with heads to me is under estimated.

I just put Mac Prochamberd longtubes with high flow cats and x-pipe on my SGT yesterday. Got the cams and will have them installed in the next few weeks. So once they are installed we will have it re-tuned and dyno'd.

FYI. my freind just installed the FRRP cams in his 2005 w/o CNC heads. After having it tuned he dyno'd at 345 RWHP. So 350 with heads to me is under estimated.

I just put Mac Prochamberd longtubes with high flow cats and x-pipe on my SGT yesterday. Got the cams and will have them installed in the next few weeks. So once they are installed we will have it re-tuned and dyno'd.

What can you tell us about the streetability of the car with the FRPP cams? Low end torque? Sound? Obviously an advantage of HP but are there any disadvantages? 345 Rear Wheel seems like a tremendous jump. Cost?

:happy feet: sounds great. let us know how yours turns out!

He has had his installed and tuned for about two weeks. It sounds awesome. So far he has had no problems with the cams. Some people have reported problems with idle but it seems to me thats a fault of the tunner not the cams. He has not had a problem at all. But Brent at Dynotuned Performace is top notch.

As far as low end torque, he already had 4:10's so no loss there but it rev's higher and lauches like a bat out of hell. Gas miles are about the same unless he really puts his foot in it.

But as for RWHP gain his car was about the same as mine at 302 RWHP prior to the cam install. After the cams and a retune it is at 345 RWHP. Thats 43 horses with the cams and tune withoutCNC heads and stock internals.

Can hardly wait to get mine done.

The hold up on mine is that my new SCT tunner will not power up so i had to send it back so they can fix it without loosing my stock tune. AS soon as I get it back about 10 days according to them. It b cam time.

Huh? What? Who is that 400HP? Is someone knocking on your back door? I can't wait to see someone hit close to 400 HP N/A! And I can't wait to see someone in CALEEEFORNIA do it first! I'm thinking 370 with the cam/ported heads easily. Gosh, I wish this damn economy would loosen up so I can spend some more money!!!

He has had his installed and tuned for about two weeks. It sounds awesome. So far he has had no problems with the cams. Some people have reported problems with idle but it seems to me thats a fault of the tunner not the cams. He has not had a problem at all. But Brent at Dynotuned Performace is top notch.

As far as low end torque, he already had 4:10's so no loss there but it rev's higher and lauches like a bat out of hell. Gas miles are about the same unless he really puts his foot in it.

But as for RWHP gain his car was about the same as mine at 302 RWHP prior to the cam install. After the cams and a retune it is at 345 RWHP. Thats 43 horses with the cams and tune withoutCNC heads and stock internals.

Can hardly wait to get mine done.

The hold up on mine is that my new SCT tunner will not power up so i had to send it back so they can fix it without loosing my stock tune. AS soon as I get it back about 10 days according to them. It b cam time.

Bad, You had 302 RWHP stock? What rear gear are you running. I would be interested in the low end torque driveability with the stock 3.55 rear end. Please let us know how your install turns out. I sssume this is a 93 octane tune? So hte CNC heads, tune, headers and drive shaft should be real close to 400 RWHP.

The motor is stock and I just had it tuned. With just a custom tune I went from 280 RWHP to 302 RWHP. That was with a completely stock motor with no mods except BBK pulleys. I have just put on longtube headers and high flow cats. I'm just waiting on my SCT tunner to come back before I put the cams in. I have the factory tune in the SCT and I want to keep it just in case one day I sell the car or just want to put it back original. Not that I have plans of either.

Once I get the final numbers on HP and cost I will post them.

Bad, can you tell us more about the lower headlight install on the modified Mustang?

Looks like it's a full front bumper kit:

http://www.blowbyracing.com/bbr-frontbumpkit.html

Cervini has one as well, where the lower grill kit only fits their bumper kit - the SGT lower grille looks like a different sized opening.

I really don't feel the need to replace the whole front bumper just to get a set of lights, so the quest continues.

I know its not a Shelby or anything but it is a mustang and I am very impressed at the numbers for a N/A vehicle. I'm sure it was not cheap....

I am posting this from my local mustang club forums.

2006 Mustang GT Premium

Blow By Racing LNR package

LNR #06-004

Complete BBR LNR Body Kit

Naturally Aspirated

BBR 3V CNC'd Heads

BBR 3V Stage 2 Camshafts

Stainlessworks Longtube Headers

BBR Side-Exit Exhaust System

BBR Suspension Upgrades

4.56 Gears

Custom Tuned by: Chris Jones @ BBR

396 RWHP / 352 RWTQ on 93 octane

BBR1.jpg

BBR2.jpg

Hey he copied my driving light, I knew someone would copy me next time, I'll have it patented. I also invented the 5yr rule for married guys

if you ditch her before 5yrs you get a free pass in court no payments to ex-wife and she can't keep your dog!!!!!

post-18733-1228931903_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1228931903_thumb.jpg

Archived