TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Striping options

CLEAN

If you wanted or needed an '07 Black SGT re-striped, does Shelby sell alternative colors, or do you have to stick w/ the silver? Also, does anyone know if they sell a hood stripe package for the Shelby hood (GT-H style)? I emailed them over at the performance parts site and never got a response. Thanks

If you go to any sign shop they should be able to do any color you want for a very good price and a better quality stripe. Or I think Mike Morris has some kits available, I don't know what colors he has, but he's all over on this site.

If you go to any sign shop they should be able to do any color you want for a very good price and a better quality stripe. Or I think Mike Morris has some kits available, I don't know what colors he has, but he's all over on this site.

+1

Better than "sign shops" is a high quality auto graphics shop. They will do things like pull the washer nozzles and place the stripes under rather than around. Run the stripes down around the front of the hood rather than stop 1/4" away, go under, or closer to, the faux gas cap, etc.

The stripes are from Orcal, and most shops have it, the color code is something like 31B? Not sure. But there is nothing exclusive about them.

Most Auto graphics places have the SGT stripes in the computer already and can cut the side stripes too. If not the Font is Myraid Bold Italic.

What color you thinking about? Gold?

Gold is taken already. :yup:

I need to think of some striping options myself. Last night the dealership replacing my stripes called and asked me to stop by to check them prior to them re-installing the scoop. They do not look good, BS Manager said they put it in the paint booth so no dust would get in but I don't think it worked. On top of that at the license surround there is a 1/4 inch gap on one side and an 1/8th gap on the other. He then tells me the left side of the bumper was repainted at one time, as I stood there in shock saying what did you just tell me. There is a paint line running a 1/16th of an inch the whole way down the bumper to the left of the stripe. Apparently at one time the bumper was painted and they ran the tape down along the edge of the stripe. Because the replacement stripe is not on the exact same line I now have this line running down my bumper.

I told the Manager don't do anything else till I contact the selling dealer, I hope my car was not rear ended or something crazy, I will loose my composure with someone very quickly. I think I was in shock because untill last night I didn't even think to ask them why they didn't call me prior to installing the stripes on the bumper, as soon as I pulled the old stripes off I would have contacted the customer and said sir I think you may want to look at this before we go any further.

Why do shop people and dealerships make things so much harder than they need to be. I phone the dealership and left the owner of the dealership a voice mail explaining and have yet to hear back from him. I hope they don't think they can avoid this. My attorney would love to go after these guys because he had problems with his last car purchase, he would love to have a legal step up on someone doing something illegal, like non disclosure of damage, diminished value on a specialty car.

Aren't these cars supposed to our fun and relaxation? Not my source of stress.

:headscratch:

I need to think of some striping options myself. Last night the dealership replacing my stripes called and asked me to stop by to check them prior to them re-installing the scoop. They do not look good, BS Manager said they put it in the paint booth so no dust would get in but I don't think it worked. On top of that at the license surround there is a 1/4 inch gap on one side and an 1/8th gap on the other. He then tells me the left side of the bumper was repainted at one time, as I stood there in shock saying what did you just tell me. There is a paint line running a 1/16th of an inch the whole way down the bumper to the left of the stripe. Apparently at one time the bumper was painted and they ran the tape down along the edge of the stripe. Because the replacement stripe is not on the exact same line I now have this line running down my bumper.

I told the Manager don't do anything else till I contact the selling dealer, I hope my car was not rear ended or something crazy, I will loose my composure with someone very quickly. I think I was in shock because untill last night I didn't even think to ask them why they didn't call me prior to installing the stripes on the bumper, as soon as I pulled the old stripes off I would have contacted the customer and said sir I think you may want to look at this before we go any further.

Why do shop people and dealerships make things so much harder than they need to be. I phone the dealership and left the owner of the dealership a voice mail explaining and have yet to hear back from him. I hope they don't think they can avoid this. My attorney would love to go after these guys because he had problems with his last car purchase and would love to a legal step up on someone doing something illegal like non disclosure of damage, diminished value on a specialty car.

:headscratch: Umm... HOLY CRAP

Good Luck!

Why do shop people and dealerships make things so much harder than they need to be. I phone the dealership and left the owner of the dealership a voice mail explaining and have yet to hear back from him. I hope they don't think they can avoid this. My attorney would love to go after these guys because he had problems with his last car purchase, he would love to have a legal step up on someone doing something illegal, like non disclosure of damage, diminished value on a specialty car.

A few years back when I bought my Explorer we specifically asked the dealer (good friend of the previous owner) if it had ever been damaged and ran a Carfax on it. The dealer and Carfax both said that the car had never been damaged. About a month later, I was under the hood doing something and noticed pain lines all around the fenders. I looked closer and there were bolts missing all over the engine bay! It also had a different grille on it than others I had seen. At first I didn't think much about it, but later found out that it was off a different MY Explorer. So apparently the car had been wrecked at some time and the owner had it repaired and didn't even have the right parts out on and left off parts that should have gone back on after repairs. To this day, I am still finding things that are not right about it.

We talked to an attorney about it and he said there was nothing we could do because we did not file it right after the purchase. Therefore we could not prove that the damage was done before we purchased it.

A few years back when I bought my Explorer we specifically asked the dealer (good friend of the previous owner) if it had ever been damaged and ran a Carfax on it. The dealer and Carfax both said that the car had never been damaged. About a month later, I was under the hood doing something and noticed pain lines all around the fenders. I looked closer and there were bolts missing all over the engine bay! It also had a different grille on it than others I had seen. At first I didn't think much about it, but later found out that it was off a different MY Explorer. So apparently the car had been wrecked at some time and the owner had it repaired and didn't even have the right parts out on and left off parts that should have gone back on after repairs. To this day, I am still finding things that are not right about it.

We talked to an attorney about it and he said there was nothing we could do because we did not file it right after the purchase. Therefore we could not prove that the damage was done before we purchased it.

I bought new and have only had the car 6 months and driven 1000 miles.

I wouldn't even have known if they wouldn't have had to replace the stripes. We'll see what happens!

Archived