TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Slightly used 07 SGT

RiverRunner

I've been searching for the right Mustang for a while. I think I want a little more than a factory GT. Yesterday I found and looked at an 07 SGT( #837) . It has 733 miles on it and is in perfect condition. Previous owner bought it as an investment and then decided to trade it on a Jag. The dealer that has the car deals in late model European cars and says he only took the car on trade only because of the low miles. He is asking $25K which is what he says he took it in for and he said, "I just need this car gone."

Is this price resonable? NADA has the retail much higher but I don't think it's taking into account the current economy (if that even plays into it).

I like the package as it has some nice upgrades over a stock GT. I'll admit I'm new to the Shelby's and new to Mustangs. I've looked a few mustangs but have not driven one until yesterday. I was impressed but then I'm used to driving pickups. My friends are calling this my "mid-life crisis" car but I've always wanted a "muscle" car since I was a kid. We own 3 Ford trucks so the Mustang would be right at home.

Any comments or advice on price?

Or about the car in general?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions.

That's a great deal if the car is straight, look her over good, I can imagine that there are going to be alot of good deals comming up in the next few months.

Thanks for the quick replys...

I need to look at it again and I need the wife to take it for a drive since it's really supposed to be hers. :rolleyes: I think it's too much car for her (no offense to the ladies on here) but it has a lot more power that I thought it would.

Here is a pic....

FF0700.jpg

Of cousre I keep debating whether it's even a good idea to buy a "toy" like this. My plan to was to wait a couple years before getting serious but the prices keep dropping and there seems to be some deals out there. :shrug:

Last Issue of sports car market had 2 mustang "tuner" cars a Rousch and a Saleen both sold for a little over 25k at auction if I remember right. They were both not supercharged. The writer for the magazine recommended filling a warehouse with these type of cars at that price. The magazine is more for colector car "investors" and "collectors".

I would jump on that Shelby for 25k if it had what I wanted as far as tranny and if the condition was good. That is a great deal. You will not regret it. If you like Mustangs, this one will surprise you, they are really fun!

Read through the site, the Shelby GT is a great set-up stock... if you are a driver. If you like pretty cars it works too, but they shine when you really drive them. They are the real deal so the ride is a little stiff and they are kinda squeeky over bumps, but I would not have mine any other way!

Good luck and keep us posted....

wow, 25k for an 07 SGT with only 733 miles!

Lots of warranty still intact,

I would jump on it.

Sounds like a great deal.

What are the upgrades? Is it stick or automatic? Sounds like a fair price to me. Most of us paid at least 10K to 13K more for ours when we bought them new. I kind of wish I had waited. No regrets though.

Go for it. You don't want to die the richest man in the cemetary do you?

I need to look at it again and I need the wife to take it for a drive since it's really supposed to be hers. :rolleyes: I think it's too much car for her (no offense to the ladies on here) but it has a lot more power that I thought it would.

Offense taken on the point about your wife being able to "handle" the car. We originally bought the Shelby for me, although we both share in the driving of it. If I can handle the SC'd version, I'm sure she can handle 300hp version.

It's something you both can enjoy together. She can drive and you can be the detail boy. :hysterical:

Good luck, you won't regret buying it.

Sherri

At that price, I'd jump on it. :drool: You won't regret it. It will be his loss.

I paid more much more than that new eleven months ago but mine is well worth it to me. :happy feet: I too was looking for a V-8 Mustang that I could warm over. I found the Mustang I could start with at a local dealer. He must have been a fan of "The Godfather" because when he learned I was looking to make a Shelby clone, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the 2007 Shelby GT he had in stock. He said the boss was tired of it sitting on the lot and wanted it gone. It was a little more that I wanted to pay for a Mustang but after all it was a SHELBY. It was a dream come true since high school 40 years ago. I have never regretted my choice.

Mine is an occasional driver and has never seen rain or snow. If you check out the threads on our sites you'll find daily drivers all of the way down to cars that are never driven. I used to shuttle cars for Hertz part time and can tell you EVERY car has its faults and strong points. Since you were already Mustang shopping, you already have an idea what you are getting in to.

I was not prepared for the Shelby experience when I drove my car home last December. I have never gotten so many stares, thumps up, strangers coming up to me in parking lots with camera phones, etc. Just ask any other of us owners.

Oh by the way, my wife taught ME how to drive a stick in high school!!

Good luck with your decision. :lurk:

Erik

07SGT2940

Sounds like a great deal..

Just to be sure, have the dealer give you a CarFax. If it's legit, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. And it sure might save you some hassles down the road.

Just my $0.02

+1

Great deal, check the Car Fax and make room in your garage! :happy feet:

Oh, BTW, does it have the Interior Upgrade? Nav or Shaker 1000? Take some pics of the interior.

P.S. Rip those lens covers off! ugh... :finger:

I believe it has a Shaker stereo but not sure which one. On the test drive I did not even turn it on. No nav system. On the test drive I was more interested in listening to the engine and the car itself. Interior looked pretty stock.

Good idea on a car fax.

And yeah those lens covers have to go.

Thanks for the advise folks, my wife and I have been discussing it all evening. :dreamy:

Here is a pic....

FF0700.jpg

Of cousre I keep debating whether it's even a good idea to buy a "toy" like this. My plan to was to wait a couple years before getting serious but the prices keep dropping and there seems to be some deals out there. :shrug:

Oh................I didn't know it was a white one, those are slower you know, so it should be 5k less than asking price. :hysterical:

I believe it has a Shaker stereo but not sure which one. On the test drive I did not even turn it on. No nav system. On the test drive I was more interested in listening to the engine and the car itself. Interior looked pretty stock.

Good idea on a car fax.

And yeah those lens covers have to go.

Thanks for the advise folks, my wife and I have been discussing it all evening. :dreamy:

You are already hooked, I can tell by your posts....

Got mine in a stick June 07, never thought my wife would ever

want one.

Got her an 08 blue coupe auto in September. The smile on her face

everyday reinforces the fact that we did the right thing!

GO FOR IT...............you know you want to!

No doubt I'm hooked but I guess the stars just didn't line up for this one. Between an ill wife, work, a night meeting and not knowing much about Shelby's at the time, I missed it. :cry: I should have dropped a deposit on it as soon as I saw it but without the wife being there I couldn't do it. :banghead:

On the positive side however I got educated on these particular cars and feel this is what we would like own someday. I'll keep looking for an 07 SGT in white (even tho' it's slowest color ;) ).

Thanks for the help.

:lurk:

Archived