TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To Stripe or not to Stripe My White GT/CS

Tanabanana

Hello all, as you can see this is my first post. You all know my hubby Rob (aka Rob). Since you all refer to your wives as wifey, I'll refer to Rob as Hubby. You know he was looking at stripping my car because I have mentioned I like the look of the stripes. Hubby saw some at the Ford store and after church we went to look at them on an actual Mustang. They were smaller than I had invisioned which was good because I thought it might make the car look to bold and take away from the classy understated look. Hubby shared with me Ruff's opinion of less being more. I agree but after seeing them and envisioning them on my car I think I'm going to give the go ahead to have them put on. I know it will not take away from the car but it's something you can't undo. Is there anything else I might not of considered. Photo's of a grabber orange GT with the black factory stripes applied are attatched to help in your assessment of my question to stripe or not to stripe that is the question. B)

post-7464-1161553952_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161553966_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161553981_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161554015_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161554039_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161553952_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161553966_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161553981_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161554015_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1161554039_thumb.jpg

Since you asked (and welcome to our little Breakfast Club!) -

If I was going to do stripes:

1. I'd have them painted on.

2. I'd have them start at the bottom of the front bumper and continue over the top and to the bottom of the rear bumper. And - they'd be 10" stripes.

3. Lose the scoop.

Enjoy the ride, Tanabanna (name? yikes!).

You're gonna love it. :rockon:

I like the factory stripes. My wife does not. She won.

If you're keeping the hood scoop, you may want to consider one large stripe down the center. Personal preference obviously, but I think stripes compliment the curves of the car, and having a scoop in the center of them takes away from that.

I really liked the GT/CS stipes and the way they fade into the paint. But Ford did not offer the CS in Grabber Orange. So I decided to pass alltogether on the 10" LeMans stipes and used the Steeda paint scheme as my model. I think the CS would look great with hood painted at the creases, and only in the front (no black in back). True, your stripes would be running down the middle of the car whereas mine run along the bottom, but with your CS front bumper, I'm thinking the Steeda hood treatment on a white CS would look slick.

Back_In_Black_011.jpg

I don't know if this is going to work but I wanted to thank Pitpup for his photo's of his GO-GT with the very cool steeda hood treatment. I don't think the WOW factor would be the same if applied on a white car. Really love it on the GO.

I don't know if this is going to work but I wanted to thank Pitpup for his photo's of his GO-GT with the very cool steeda hood treatment. I don't think the WOW factor would be the same if applied on a white car. Really love it on the GO.

Hmm! I respectfully disagree about the wow factor not coming thru on white...

Check back Tuesday afternoon. I'll upload a white photochop of a white GT that will give you a better idea of what you'd have. I believe it has a shaker hood. When you see it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

(Sorry, I don't have the pic here or I'd upload tonight...)

Stan

Wifey picked hers out, These are painted.

Thanx for posting the painted stripes, I tried envisioning them on my car. I'm still not sure.

Wifey made an excellent choice. B)

Hmm! I respectfully disagree about the wow factor not coming thru on white...

Check back Tuesday afternoon. I'll upload a white photochop of a white GT that will give you a better idea of what you'd have. I believe it has a shaker hood. When you see it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

(Sorry, I don't have the pic here or I'd upload tonight...)

Stan

I look forward to seeing the white mustang with the steeda application. Very nice of you. B)

Thanx for posting the painted stripes, I tried envisioning them on my car. I'm still not sure.

Wifey made an excellent choice. B)

I look forward to seeing the white mustang with the steeda application. Very nice of you. B)

If you can wait a few weeks, I have a customer that may be doing a Grabber with black shelby style painted stripes (end to end).

I should know one way or the other by tomorrow or Wednesday.

If you can wait a few weeks, I have a customer that may be doing a Grabber with black shelby style painted stripes (end to end).

I should know one way or the other by tomorrow or Wednesday.

That's great but it's hard to envision it on such a bold color as GO. What would be great is if I could see black stripes on a white GT or GT/CS even better. However I will look forward to seeing photo's in two weeks. I'm not rushing this decision. :yup:

That's great but it's hard to envision it on such a bold color as GO. What would be great is if I could see black stripes on a white GT or GT/CS even better. However I will look forward to seeing photo's in two weeks. I'm not rushing this decision. :yup:

oh, sorry, I somehow got the impression that it was for GO Mustang. :shrug:

Here ya go, Tanabanana... Artist's rendition of what a Mach 1 would look like with the 2004 paint scheme on the 2005+ body. It was done by Doug (Burningman). I believe, and I could be wrong, that Doug had done these before Steeda did their Q cars. It really doesn't matter if they were or not. The S197 in white with fading stripes and black hood would be sharp, IMHO. Just move the Mach 1 stripes up the body and you'd have your GT/CS.

One thing to remember with these cars, and again just MHO... the mirror covers from Midwest Auto Gear make this car. I'll follow your white GT with a shot of mine just out of the shop before I added the mirror covers.

White_GT.jpg

09_WinnerFord.jpg

Back_In_Black_001.jpg

A update to all those who gave their suggestions and those who went even further by sending actual photos of different stripe applications and my favorite, the Steeda application. I have decided not to stripe the top of the car. The factory GT/CS stipe application on the side of the car, in my veiw dosen't go well with additonal stripes over the top of the car. I'm not ready to change the overall factory look by removing them all together, in order to stripe it.

Plus I will be able to drive a car with stripes on it when my husband gets his GT500 this spring. :yup:

post-7464-1162167921_thumb.jpg

post-7464-1162167921_thumb.jpg

I spent maybe 6 weeks debating color, spread and layout of the stripes on my '07 GT. (What a pain! Too many choices.) Finally chose Lemon Yellow, 10-7/8" stripes with a 1-1/4" spread. Am fairly happy with the result but would probably leave the hood scoop black and narrow the stipes a tad if I was to do it again. Oh, and use the Silver to Green House of Kolor Kameleon paint. Oh well... :finger:

I'd say, definitely look at lots of different cars and stripes before you decide which way to go. Mock-ups in PhotoShop or other drawing program are a big help.

I spent maybe 6 weeks debating color, spread and layout of the stripes on my '07 GT. (What a pain! Too many choices.) Finally chose Lemon Yellow, 10-7/8" stripes with a 1-1/4" spread. Am fairly happy with the result but would probably leave the hood scoop black and narrow the stipes a tad if I was to do it again. Oh, and use the Silver to Green House of Kolor Kameleon paint. Oh well... :finger:

I'd say, definitely look at lots of different cars and stripes before you decide which way to go. Mock-ups in PhotoShop or other drawing program are a big help.

• 4 weeks later...

Julie: Did you have the stripes and scoop painted on, or is it vinyle? Looks like they did a nice job putting the stripes on. Welcome to the site.

Rob: Sorry about the delay in reply... the stripes were painted on by California Concepts in Redwood City (CA of course). They do great work but you have to be patient -- takes two weeks minimum even if you know exactly what you want and longer if you want to see samples of different colors.

Archived