TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this a good price????

1 BAD SNAKE

Ok i have been searching for a GT500 that i liked for a few months, tossing around the idea of getting a new one or getting a 07 for a little less & using the rest to mod it. I found a 07 black w/tungsten coupe that has 15,477 for $34,900. I know that Dgussin's car had about 20k & sold for 32k. The options on the car are interior upgrade only. I also found a read w/tungsten coupe that has roughly 3,5xx on the clock & is $34,950. The thing is i do not want to own another red car, but with the red Shelby having low miles & being $50 more than the black coupe with 15,477 do i have room to negotiate the price any lower on the black car?

Anyone especially dealers do you have any advice on this?

Thanks guys.

Greg

Get what you want. If you make a compromise you will never be fully happy with the car, the next one you see in the color you want (or options) will result in a losing situation for you! Be patient, with things the way they are, if you have the money, the right car will come along.

Don't skip or lose a car because the deal is not exactly as you want. My rule of thumb is if me and the other person can get to $500 difference on price ($20K and above deal) it just isn't worth the risk of missing the deal!

Get what you want. If you make a compromise you will never be fully happy with the car, the next one you see in the color you want (or options) will result in a losing situation for you! Be patient, with things the way they are, if you have the money, the right car will come along.

Don't skip or lose a car because the deal is not exactly as you want. My rule of thumb is if me and the other person can get to $500 difference on price ($20K and above deal) it just isn't worth the risk of missing the deal!

+1

It is a buyer's market and we did not hit rock bottom yet unfortunately. the quake from the big three final out come is differed until the holiday season is over, you may get much better deal after that with winter coming and prices are lower.

37K is rough black book on a GT500 with good miles. 15K on a GT500 is kinda high miles. I think a good mileage and good color car can be bought around 33-35K. Get the color you want! These cars are starting to hit the market used at good prices. I missed an 08 vert at the sale the other day that was CHEAP ( computer hung up and wouldnt let me bid).

Good Luck with you hunt and if I run across a car I will let you know

MM

37K is rough black book on a GT500 with good miles. 15K on a GT500 is kinda high miles. I think a good mileage and good color car can be bought around 33-35K. Get the color you want! These cars are starting to hit the market used at good prices. I missed an 08 vert at the sale the other day that was CHEAP ( computer hung up and wouldnt let me bid).

Good Luck with you hunt and if I run across a car I will let you know

MM

Thank you Michael,

I know that would be kinda high miles, but i also realize that they might have driven the car. What would be considered good miles for a used Shelby. I have found some good deals on new ones but that would mean waiting about half a year still. If my wife wanted a red car then that one i also found would be perfect for 34,900. But like i said she said no to that right when i told her the color. My main question is with that car having 15k do you think i could try to talk them down to around 30k - 32,900? Somewhere in that range i guess?

Thanks for the relpys

Who would have though that prices would be this good so soon? There's going to be alot more HAPPY Shelby owners that's for sure. I had a red Gt500 and it seem to draw alot of looks and tickets from the local police. I would wait and get the color you like. It sure is one fun car to own.

Archived