TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did anyone get the framed photo of the SGT?

sgt1255

When I bought my SGT, along with all of the other paperwork, I got a pamphlet where I can send in $600 and the form. I would then receive a framed photo of the SGT with ur SGT# plackard. Has anyone done this and is it worth the $$?

Good Day

Ken

PS. Do I have to register my SGT with SAI?

I got that card too. I just laughed my ass off at how much they expected for it. I'd rather get a set of JBA shorty headers installed. I guess for me it's not worth it. I mean why show someone the frame photo when I can show them the real thing. I registered with SAI but it is not a requirement.

Call me crazy but I bought it. I just had to. I have tried to put as much pedigree into my car as possible.

There is/was an alternative. Ford is/was selling the same pic but unsigned and unregistered for around $250 if I recall. Look in the Ford collection.

I have one. It came engraved with my name, my car's CSM#, and is hand signed by Caroll Shelby. Getting a photo that large framed costs $250-$300 for the frame alone today. I love the picture and am glad I have it. I enjoy it every day.

Chip

You do have a point. I framed my son's favorite NFL signed jersey and it ran me $200. Maybe I hesitated because I had just bought the car...

I kicked it around for a week or so after I bought my car but I took the bait, wrong picture and all :drool:.

It might be a little pricy but I'm glad I did. After all the engraved plaque has my CSM number and name on it as well as THE MAN'S autograph. :happy feet:

When we went with a 55" HD flat screen TV last spring, we ended up with an amouir/ book case unit that was now outdated. I put it in my office and mounted my print over the opening in the back where the old TV stuck thru. I have some of my Shelby and Mustang die cast cars,everything that comes with the Team membership kit, and my NHRA hat autographed by Robert Haight at the AC Delco drags in 2007 displayed in front of the print, all behind closed doors.

My old TV scratched the cabinet bottom so I found some checkered flag material and cut it to fit under the cars. The cars that wouldn't fit behind the doors are in oak display cases on the 2 book cases attached to the main piece.

The print is the focal point of everything and will always be worth more to me that I paid for it.

Call me crazy but I bought it. I just had to. I have tried to put as much pedigree into my car as possible.

There is/was an alternative. Ford is/was selling the same pic but unsigned and unregistered for around $250 if I recall. Look in the Ford collection.

Adam,

You said to call you crazy....well IMHO your CRAZY!!! If your interested I have some nice oceanfront property in Nebraska for sale...just $600 for 4 acres on the water. :happy feet:

Just kidding..I was the same way with baseball cards till I finally realized I couldn't buy everything out there.

I paid for mine in June, but still have not received it. I have e-mailed several times and each time they say it is waiting to get signed. Kind of frustrating, but I will wait a little longer before I cancel.

Ordered mine June 27, 2008. They called last week to say mine should be here in 7-10 days. Repeatedly heard the same story when I called that they were waiting for them to come back from Mr. Shelby's office. Black ones came, Blue ones came. No White even after owner went to the office. Seems like many other things were more important for his signature.

I think calling works better than e-mails. They told me I was third in line, oldest order was June 19, 2008. Maybe yours is in the batch with mine.

Looking forward again now to getting it.

I have one. It came engraved with my name, my car's CSM#, and is hand signed by Caroll Shelby. Getting a photo that large framed costs $250-$300 for the frame alone today. I love the picture and am glad I have it. I enjoy it every day.

Chip

Same story as Chip and crazy about anything related to my SGT!

Love the picture today without any regrets.

IMO those of us who purchased it will still be enjoying it years from now, when likely it will no longer be available just like our SGTs.

Plus today, the huge bonus to have it signed by Carroll Shelby.

Lg :burnout:

Ordered mine June 27, 2008. They called last week to say mine should be here in 7-10 days. Repeatedly heard the same story when I called that they were waiting for them to come back from Mr. Shelby's office. Black ones came, Blue ones came. No White even after owner went to the office. Seems like many other things were more important for his signature.

I think calling works better than e-mails. They told me I was third in line, oldest order was June 19, 2008. Maybe yours is in the batch with mine.

Looking forward again now to getting it.

June 19th was mine, it figures. Hopefully I will get it in the next week or two. Thanks for the information.

Can one of you that bought this post a picture of it? I bought my SGT slightly used and would love to get this. Thanks!

Here are some pics my wife took. I am in Iraq so I haven't seen it in person yet. Just a few more weeks though! I got mine in about 3 weeks which was really fast. I think the delays are dependent on Mr. Shelby's schedule.

Pics aren't that great but hope it helps.

post-20824-1228542245_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1228542287_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1228542245_thumb.jpg

post-20824-1228542287_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics, very nice, now I need to find out how to get this for my car....

try this link...

http://shelby.artehouse.com/perl/skuProduc...kon=prodTypeNav

Customer Service

E-mail: service@ArteHouse.com

Phone: Toll Free: (866) 965-1767

Local: (805) 983-0900

Outside the US: +1 (805) 983-0900

Fax: (805) 485-0022

Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Mail: ArteHouse LLC

2201 Sturgis Road, #A

Oxnard, CA 93030

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
MAYBE....if the pic of the car was accurate, I would have purchased it.

But since they rushed this to market and used a pre-production photo

of the car that doesnt match the one I bought, I passed.

+1

Carroll signed my poster with my car #, for free, so I had that framed.

I considered it, But since it's a Vista Blue (nothing wrong with that for you Vista Owners), but I want my GO Sgt on there.

Check the artehouse home page. There's a pic of GO-SGT there. It looks like you can send in your own photo or any photo, for that matter.

That way you can get the plaque with CSM, if it's important to you. Good luck.

Ken

EDIT: Correction = it's NOT an SGT. However, the same idea applies I guess. ;)

I ordered mine about a month after I took delivery of my car. I've had the autographed print for a year now and still treasure it :happy feet: :drool: . Sure the black car on it isn't exactly like the production SGT, but where else can you get a plaque with your name, your CSM number and The Man's signature all in one place??

I display mine proudly and always will.

• 9 months later...
I ordered mine about a month after I took delivery of my car. I've had the autographed print for a year now and still treasure it :happy feet: :drool: . Sure the black car on it isn't exactly like the production SGT, but where else can you get a plaque with your name, your CSM number and The Man's signature all in one place??

I display mine proudly and always will.

If anyone is still interested in a framed poster Shelby has a deal where you send in YOUR picture of YOUR car and have it framed. I saw it on one of the Shelby websites.

Archived